The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Official Swansea University 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Swansea University for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I have applied for medical sciences. I am currently studying biology, maths and philosophy.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Swansea University for 2023!

Ice breaker questions:

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

I’ve applied for computer science (and got an offer) and I applied October 14th with predicted A*AAA*A* in maths, further maths, history, Welsh bacc, IT. Got an offer BBB but will get reduction to BCC as I did a summer school there. Also applied to Warwick, Bath, Edinburgh and St Andrews.
Hey@HJTay, that really cool! What interests you in this subject? :grin:
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve applied for computer science (and got an offer) and I applied October 14th with predicted A*AAA*A* in maths, further maths, history, Welsh bacc, IT. Got an offer BBB but will get reduction to BCC as I did a summer school there. Also applied to Warwick, Bath, Edinburgh and St Andrews.

@Anonymous Nice! What do you like about Computer Science?
I've applied to pharmacy!
Original post by Neurosciencenerd
I've applied to pharmacy!

@Neurosciencenerd that's great, what other things are you looking forward to do at uni? Such as sports, societies, trips etc. :smile:
Reply 7
Hi
I’ve applied for Healthcare science- cardiac physiology :smile:
Hi!

Ice breaker questions:

Hi!

Ice breaker questions:

Received an offer for Medical Biochemistry today :smile:
*Applied on the 14th November
Reply 9
Original post by HJTay
Hi, I have applied for medical sciences. I am currently studying biology, maths and philosophy.

I've also applied for Applied Medical Sciences, have you heard back yet? Sent my application on November 2nd and still waiting, fingers crossed this isn't a bad sign!
Hi!

Ice breaker questions:

I'm looking forward to potentially studying at Swansea uni, ive applied and everything, i just hope that i get in. its my top choice. I'm a disabled student, asd, adhd, ectara and i study engineering currently at A level and wish to carry this on. I just hope I get in. engineering is something really like, and swansea is just a grate university, one of my family members went there as well on my step dads side and said that it was amazing.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 11
Original post by JD_JB
I've also applied for Applied Medical Sciences, have you heard back yet? Sent my application on November 2nd and still waiting, fingers crossed this isn't a bad sign!

I applied on October 12th and got an offer November 1st.
Original post by Georgia O
I'm looking forward to potentially studying at Swansea uni, ive applied and everything, i just hope that i get in. its my top choice. I'm a disabled student, asd, adhd, ectara and i study engineering currently at A level and wish to carry this on. I just hope I get in. engineering is something really like, and swansea is just a grate university, one of my family members went there as well on my step dads side and said that it was amazing.

Hi @Georgia O :smile:

It's great to hear that you are excited to join us. All the best with your application! If you'd like to know more information about the services that we offer regarding student support and our disability office, feel free to get in touch with us or visit our webpages: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/student-support-services/

Hope this helps!
Karolina (Admissions Office)
Original post by Swansea University Enquiries
Hi @Georgia O :smile:

It's great to hear that you are excited to join us. All the best with your application! If you'd like to know more information about the services that we offer regarding student support and our disability office, feel free to get in touch with us or visit our webpages: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/student-support-services/

Hope this helps!
Karolina (Admissions Office)

thanks for the advice. my mum in particular is extremally worried about me going off to university so hopefully this will help put her mind at ease.
Original post by JD_JB

I applied in november & recieved a response ages ago icl, might be best to email them
@JD_JB, sorry to hear that you are still waiting for a decision on that application, If you contact our Undergraduate Admissions team - https://www.swansea.ac.uk/undergraduate/contact-admissions/ quoting your UCAS ID we'd be more than happy to look into this for you :-)
Hi! I’ve applied for Paramedic Science. Had my online interview and have the in person day in April. Super nervous especially for the fitness test haha. I’m unable to find if any current students etc have experience of what the day is like? And what’s the general percentage of people invited who get an offer? :smile:
Original post by lotsofsunflowers
Hi! I’ve applied for Paramedic Science. Had my online interview and have the in person day in April. Super nervous especially for the fitness test haha. I’m unable to find if any current students etc have experience of what the day is like? And what’s the general percentage of people invited who get an offer? :smile:

I have tooo!!!!
Reply 18
Original post by aoifemae1
I have tooo!!!!

I have my in person interview on the 4th of april, when are you having it? I'm so nervous for it
Original post by Cat.B1
I have my in person interview on the 4th of april, when are you having it? I'm so nervous for it

Mine is 11th april, i thought it wasnt an interview, more like seeing how you interact with people and then the physical exam as well

Quick Reply

Latest