University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by okcool
I also recieved a letter from Essex asking me to go in for the informal interview on the 25 of Feb for English Lit. I was wondering how long is the actual interview for as I live about 2 hours away and saw someone on Twitter say it was only for 15 mins! :| also I'm wondering what's the actual point for the interview?

Did you get an offer or is that interview to decide whether you get an offer
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by llik
Did you get an offer or is that interview to decide whether you get an offer

I haven't recieved an offer yet, so I'm guessing it's just whether they offer me a place or not.
Reply 22
Original post by okcool
I haven't recieved an offer yet, so I'm guessing it's just whether they offer me a place or not.

Did you also receive letter from ESSEX saying that they had received your application. when did your send your application?
Reply 23
Original post by llik
Did you also receive letter from ESSEX saying that they had received your application. when did your send your application?

I recieved an email instead of a letter saying they recieved my offer. I sent it off I think just a little over a week ago. What about you?
Reply 24
Original post by brilld
im not a massive fan of clubbing but I'll give this a shot

The uni had an onsite club (sub zero) which puts on about 3 main nights a week - weds, fri and sat There are also other nights during the week (ie some Thursday's are free entry for something like 80s). The uni also has 2 bars onsite - the SU bar which does special nights (ie cheesy music Monday, pub quiz, super Sunday (cheap drinks) etc). There is also top bar on campus which is more like a traditional pub. There are some clubs and bars in Colchester but I haven't been out there in the evening so I can't comment on the town

What about Colchester itself and general student life there? Would you say its lively/boring? Is there even a shopping mall ? Colchester appears rather old and quiet from what iv seen on the net..
Reply 25
Original post by okcool
I also recieved a letter from Essex asking me to go in for the informal interview on the 25 of Feb for English Lit. I was wondering how long is the actual interview for as I live about 2 hours away and saw someone on Twitter say it was only for 15 mins! :| also I'm wondering what's the actual point for the interview?

I had an interview here for Biomedical Science and it was only 15 mins but there were other activities and talks during the day. They give you a timetable when you get there and register. I also live about 2 hours away and they are covering the costs of travel too so overall I think it's worth it! Good luck.
Reply 26
Original post by twnn
What about Colchester itself and general student life there? Would you say its lively/boring? Is there even a shopping mall ? Colchester appears rather old and quiet from what iv seen on the net..

From my experience (only a first year) people generally stay on campus. There are some clubs and bars in colchester, but I cant really comment on it. There isn't a traditional shopping mall, however there are two outdoor squares with shops on them and there is also the high street (there are plenty of shops, although there isn't a primark for some reason)
I'm a current first year too studying maths if anyone has any questions on anything just ask. I live in the towers too if you have any questions about accommodation :smile:
Original post by shaunmk96
I'm a current first year too studying maths if anyone has any questions on anything just ask. I live in the towers too if you have any questions about accommodation :smile:

Are your fellow students nice people?
Reply 29
Got an offer for a modern history degree, but also got offer from goldsmiths and loughborough! Don't know what to do ?!
Hello! I've applied for physiotherapy but not heard anything yet! Never been to the uni either as I live 3 hours away, anyone want to shed some light on the campus for me? I've had a good look at the website but it's not the same as seeing it for real!
Reply 31
Original post by Physflop
Hello! I've applied for physiotherapy but not heard anything yet! Never been to the uni either as I live 3 hours away, anyone want to shed some light on the campus for me? I've had a good look at the website but it's not the same as seeing it for real!

I went to an open day a couple of months ago and I loved the uni! It's a proper on campus uni, so there is accommodation on campus. There are also banks on campus and a post office. I loved the student feel of the university and how the uni give you a lot of support throughout your study there.
Anyone else got their interview on Feb 4th? And those who have already had theirs, what were people wearing? Do I need to dress up or is it just casual clothing?
Original post by okcool

I've got an interview with Essex for English Lit on the 28th Jan. Is yours in a group too? I'm not sure what to expect..
I'm applying for psychology. Essex is my second choice after Lancaster, so I'm hoping for an offer. Sent off my application two days ago, so I'm expecting to wait a while.
Reply 35
Original post by Entreflex
I'm applying for psychology. Essex is my second choice after Lancaster, so I'm hoping for an offer. Sent off my application two days ago, so I'm expecting to wait a while.

HEY! I'm also going to apply to Psychology in Essex. Still haven't submitted my application...being really lazy about writing my personal statement! (y)
Original post by zainy_r
HEY! I'm also going to apply to Psychology in Essex. Still haven't submitted my application...being really lazy about writing my personal statement! (y)

Ahh, cool! Yeah I know what that's like.. hope you find the motivation to write it soon! :biggrin:
Reply 37
Original post by Entreflex
Ahh, cool! Yeah I know what that's like.. hope you find the motivation to write it soon! :biggrin:

haha thanks!:biggrin:
I sent in an application to study criminology with social psychology around 3/4 weeks back and I'm still waiting for a reply (fingers crossed). I'm from up Lancashire, so if I do go down to the UoE, it's going to be a massive change of scenery for me. Any current students who were in the same situation as me got any advice on how to better settle in?
Reply 39
Original post by inthechaos
Anyone else got their interview on Feb 4th? And those who have already had theirs, what were people wearing? Do I need to dress up or is it just casual clothing?

I've got an interview on the 4th of february as well! It says on the letter that they don't expect you to wear formal clothing but I'm going to dress in something smart casual I guess.. I dunno :s-smilie:!!!!! I would like to hear from someone who has been through the whole interview process as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending