The Student Room Group

Philosophy of Mind essay titles/questions.

Hello peoples :smile:

I'm not at college anymore but I'm resitting Philosophy of Mind in January.

Do any of you have any essay title/question suggestions? I have all the AQA past papers but I just want some more general ones and things just to get me back into the mindset of essay writing.

Any would be appreciated muchly!

Ta lotsly

:smile:
kcs549
Hello peoples :smile:

I'm not at college anymore but I'm resitting Philosophy of Mind in January.

Do any of you have any essay title/question suggestions? I have all the AQA past papers but I just want some more general ones and things just to get me back into the mindset of essay writing.

Any would be appreciated muchly!

Ta lotsly

:smile:

Can Computers Think?

Explain and Criticise the idea of "Dualism".

Highlight the difference between Type and Token identity theories. Can one particular theory be given precedence over another?

Do you have free will?

What is functionalism? Is this theory a good one?

“Among the facts of the universe to be accounted for, it may be said, is Mind; and it is self evident that nothing can have produced Mind but Mind.” - John Stuart Mill. Discuss.
'Substance dualism creates more problems than it solves'-discuss [50 mark] I just had to do this, erugh
Reply 3
davidcy147
Can Computers Think?

Explain and Criticise the idea of "Dualism".

Highlight the difference between Type and Token identity theories. Can one particular theory be given precedence over another?

Do you have free will?

What is functionalism? Is this theory a good one?

“Among the facts of the universe to be accounted for, it may be said, is Mind; and it is self evident that nothing can have produced Mind but Mind.” - John Stuart Mill. Discuss.

Thank you very much, you rule :smile:
Reply 4
emilyjane_09
'Substance dualism creates more problems than it solves'-discuss [50 mark] I just had to do this, erugh

Thank you very much :smile: I appreciate it! hope it went well for you too :smile:
kcs549
Thank you very much, you rule :smile:

No problem at all. :smile: If you need any help or advice with those or with philosophy in general just PM me.
Reply 6
Any one have examples of essays on Philosophy of mind?
Reply 7
Original post by khushboo123
Any one have examples of essays on Philosophy of mind?

Finding essays for philosophy of mind (and the rest of A-Level Philosophy for that matter) has been a major issue for me as well. I started using the service 'Marked by Teachers', and that has a lot of example essays that you can use to gauge your progress etc. It costs £6.99 a month (£39.99 annual price), but it was the only way that I could find any examples at all.

Hope you find what your looking for!
Reply 8
Original post by VannR
Finding essays for philosophy of mind (and the rest of A-Level Philosophy for that matter) has been a major issue for me as well. I started using the service 'Marked by Teachers', and that has a lot of example essays that you can use to gauge your progress etc. It costs £6.99 a month (£39.99 annual price), but it was the only way that I could find any examples at all.

Hope you find what your looking for!

ahh ok, thanx!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending