The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Definitely. He's not spectacular, but he's a consistent 7/10 performer every week.

7/10 is way better than what we have right now -_-
plus, we need consistency and milner is just that
i wouldn't say we're direct rivals to city so why wouldn't they sell him to us?

Original post by Kruz
God forbid, we're good mate.

please :frown:
we'll throw in johnson and mignolet!
Rated a top defender and one of the better ones in the league by both Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher the prior season suddenly he is 'woeful' player.

Bringing in Shaqiri solves which of our problems exactly? Last I check we weren't in dire need of another AM/Winger so I'm not sure why people are crying over not getting him. That's without going into the the fact no credible sources said we are in for him, all I see is The Daily Star and co.

You guys are just lol.

Milner would be a decent acquisition, but it's more likely LFC will want to wait until summer I feel.
(edited 9 years ago)
Shaqiri is exactly the type of signing that isn't needed I'd argue. He's inconsistent when I've seen him (albeit rarely), he's young and is likely not to do any better than Lallana, Sterling or Coutinho on he offset really.
Original post by So Instinct
Bringing in Shaqiri solves which of our problems exactly? Last I check we weren't in dire need of another AM/Winger so I'm not sure why people are crying over not getting him.

precisely.
we have coutinho, lallana, markovic and sterling - all are quality players who will only get better at liverpool.
shaqiri would've been a stupid buy - even though we aren't in dire need of midfielders, milner would be a much better option, especially with gerrard (and maybe lucas) leaving at the end of the season.

fair enough being annoyed about not getting bony or valdes because we need players like that.
but i aint losing sleep about not signing a 10m bayern fringe player that we don't even need.
Original post by Lúcio
7/10 is way better than what we have right now -_-
plus, we need consistency and milner is just that
i wouldn't say we're direct rivals to city so why wouldn't they sell him to us?

Was saying this today.

We need consistent 7/10s, rather than 8/10 one match and 5/10 the next.
Original post by cBay

I saw someone suggesting selling Lucas. This would also be madness, especially with Gerrard leaving. He's our best DM, end of story. Yea we could do with another one (unless Can can prove himself in that position), but even then I wouldn't get rid of Lucas.

Wasn't suggesting selling him at all. Read my post.

I was saying that he's more likely than most to leave. Been linked with a move away for two years now, sporadic first-team appearances, hasn't had a run of games, injury-plagued, etc.

I love him and rate him. I wasn't advocating his sale - just saying it's a possibility.
Original post by Mackay
Was saying this today.

We need consistent 7/10s, rather than 8/10 one match and 5/10 the next.

unfortunately too many of our players are like that
coutinho is probably the biggest example - he'll absolutely destroy a team one day, then the week after he'll be bullied and rendered near-useless.

consistent players like milner might not be unpredictable, but you know they'll put in a shift and you can rely on them.
Original post by Lúcio
unfortunately too many of our players are like that
coutinho is probably the biggest example - he'll absolutely destroy a team one day, then the week after he'll be bullied and rendered near-useless.

consistent players like milner might not be unpredictable, but you know they'll put in a shift and you can rely on them.

Although I agree with your points about Milner, Coutinho and most of the squad, I've got to say recently Coutinho's been a lot more consistent.
Original post by PetrosAC
Although I agree with your points about Milner, Coutinho and most of the squad, I've got to say recently Coutinho's been a lot more consistent.

the question is whether that is form or not.
coutinho's biggest 2 problems since he joined liverpool have been scoring goals and providing consistency.
he has cetainly improved his shooting which is excellent.
however even during the FA cup game - he was outstanding in the second half when the opponents got tired and slow, but pretty damn terrible in the first half against a league 2 side that were bullying him physically.
Rodgers getting rid of Rafa signings. What a loser.
If Rodgers does not get a GK and ST this transfer he should go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
the question is whether that is form or not.
coutinho's biggest 2 problems since he joined liverpool have been scoring goals and providing consistency.
he has cetainly improved his shooting which is excellent.
however even during the FA cup game - he was outstanding in the second half when the opponents got tired and slow, but pretty damn terrible in the first half against a league 2 side that were bullying him physically.

You've got a point there actually...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
We need to get rid of Johnson now to avoid him leaving for free. No idea who'd pay anything for him, though.

Skrtel, Lucas, Luis Alberto, Iago Aspas, Borini will all leave in the summer and fetch an OK accumulated sum.

Kolo Toure will probably go on a free - same with Gerrard, obviously.

Wouldn't be against us looking to offload Allen, Lovren, Mingolet and Balotelli, either, but something tells me we'll be lumbered with them for the forseeable.

Not worth selling Johnson now for a nominal fee and being a RB short for the rest of the season. Flanagan hasn't recovered yet, Enrique is crap and Manquillo isn't ready to play week in and out.

Borini might leave this January.
Aspas has hardly played for Seville so might be hard to sell. Alberto we may retain for the future. I think he's doing okay at Malaga?
Yea Toure will just retire or leave on a free.

Why would we sell Skrtel and Lucas? Two of our better performers this season.

Wonder why he's leaving now. Either the club have fired or he's left for personal reasons?
Original post by ShotsFired-9941

Are you Bubzeh?
Original post by Obiejess
If Rodgers does not get a GK and ST this transfer he should go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'll join you on that :smile:

Original post by PetrosAC
You've got a point there actually...

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't think i've ever heard that before :tongue:
Original post by ShotsFired-9941

Suso was a Dalglish signing.

Think the only Rafa signings we have left are Lucas, Skrtel and Johnson.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

Sterling was signed by Rafa :wink:

It's been 4.5 years since Rafa left and we've had 3 other managers in that time. You have to say it's impressive how long a lot of his signings stuck around for.
Original post by Zerforax
Sterling was signed by Rafa :wink:

It's been 4.5 years since Rafa left and we've had 3 other managers in that time. You have to say it's impressive how long a lot of his signings stuck around for.

the simple answer to that is because he knew who to buy but he also knew how to use them.
sadly rodgers too often lets us down in both of these areas.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

Now way, consider questioning your sources

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/liverpool-midfielder-suso-agrees-ac-milan-move-may-leave-january-transfer-window-1482199

Agger & Reina were driven out as well. Loser Rodgers needs to **** off beofre he completely runins my bond with Liverpool
Original post by Lúcio
the simple answer to that is because he knew who to buy but he also knew how to use them.
sadly rodgers too often lets us down in both of these areas.

Rafa did well in the market for me. Very few players that he made a loss on. Increased the value of most players or got some use out of them before moving on and upgrading.

What Rafa could do with FSG's support..

Quick Reply

Latest