The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2460
Original post by cp1996
Aha thanks, A* in further maths, A* in Eco and then an A (maths or french) wishing I had your offer ngl :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was really surprised at my offer, especially as they don't specify which subject the A* needs to be in (although I want one in maths and I am going to get one if it kills me :tongue:)! Although you did apply to a much more competitive and academic college hehe,
Original post by gbg001
I was really surprised at my offer, especially as they don't specify which subject the A* needs to be in (although I want one in maths and I am going to get one if it kills me :tongue:)! Although you did apply to a much more competitive and academic college hehe,

Looool if you've been offered a place for Eco at Cambridge I'm sure the A* in maths won't be much of a problem! I know I kinda asked for it, but oh well :smile: what's your insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have anyone got an offer from warwick?
Reply 2463
Original post by cp1996
Looool if you've been offered a place for Eco at Cambridge I'm sure the A* in maths won't be much of a problem! I know I kinda asked for it, but oh well :smile: what's your insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the moment UCL, unless I get an offer from LSE :smile:. I think an A* in maths would be okay if vectors weren't a thing :angry::tongue:. What's your insurance?
Original post by chiara97
Have anyone got an offer from warwick?

Yep got it around November time :smile: considering it as my insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Yep got it around November time :smile: considering it as my insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you apply ?
When did you apply ?

Beginning of October :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Beginning of October :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK thanks :smile: i sent out my application the 5 th of november and still waiting for warwick! If warwick is you insurance, what is your firm?
Original post by gbg001
At the moment UCL, unless I get an offer from LSE :smile:. I think an A* in maths would be okay if vectors weren't a thing :angry::tongue:. What's your insurance?

Aha I can't stand vectors, and probably LSE but I'm more likely to get my A*A*A cambridge offer than the A*AAE that LSE want from me (go figure), have you been to the UCL open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2469
Original post by cp1996
Aha I can't stand vectors, and probably LSE but I'm more likely to get my A*A*A cambridge offer than the A*AAE that LSE want from me (go figure), have you been to the UCL open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I went to some offer holder thing in November, although that turned out to be mostly 4 hour advertising session explaining why UCL is just as good at Cambridge in LSE (which for some reason focussed on them saying how their research spending is much higher than the other two, but we're applying for undergrad, so why does it matter?). I'm curious to hear about LSE, especially since I don't do further maths, but with Cambridge I'm in no position to complain :tongue:. Have you been to the open day yet?
Original post by gbg001
Yeah I went to some offer holder thing in November, although that turned out to be mostly 4 hour advertising session explaining why UCL is just as good at Cambridge in LSE (which for some reason focussed on them saying how their research spending is much higher than the other two, but we're applying for undergrad, so why does it matter?). I'm curious to hear about LSE, especially since I don't do further maths, but with Cambridge I'm in no position to complain :tongue:. Have you been to the open day yet?

Yeah I went at around the same time, I felt sorry for the guy trying to encourage us to choose them over cambridge and LSE aha, you must've impressed them in the interviews because they usually want some kind of further maths :smile: just glad all the waiting is over though ngl

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which one would you guys rather go for, Bsc economics at LSE or BA Econ at cambridge. Specifically for a career in IB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chiangwkchiang
Anyone got UCL or LSE econ offer? I am so worried any i didn't received anything ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a ucl offer 4 days ago!!
Original post by darkdrifter10
Which one would you guys rather go for, Bsc economics at LSE or BA Econ at cambridge. Specifically for a career in IB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cambridge :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lse is in London = more IB visits, everyone at lse want to go into IB = you learn more about it and the competition amongst your peers brings the best out of you. Cambridge is just as good but it simply isn't in London and not as many people will want to go into IB
Are there any statistics which show where accepted spring week and summer analysts came from, university wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2476
Original post by cp1996
Yeah I went at around the same time, I felt sorry for the guy trying to encourage us to choose them over cambridge and LSE aha, you must've impressed them in the interviews because they usually want some kind of further maths :smile: just glad all the waiting is over though ngl

Posted from TSR Mobile

We probably were there together then, since I think that was the only one in November :tongue:. I was so surprised when I got the offer, especially as the I thought I'd done really badly in the interviews (I got a question on stunted child growth in victorian Britain and game theory :cool:. Congrats on getting into Christ's though, that's insanely good!!
OK thanks :smile: i sent out my application the 5 th of november and still waiting for warwick! If warwick is you insurance, what is your firm?

Cambridge eek can't believe I can actually say that gah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are there any statistics which show where accepted spring week and summer analysts came from, university wise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've done some research and going on linked in is a great place for research ! It lists the top schools for IB based on the success of recent graduates getting a desirable job in IB (bulge bracket and other top banks) and the rankings are as follows;
1) LSE
2) UCL
3) Cambridge
4) Oxford
5) Warwick
6) Durham
7) Manchester
8) Nottingham
9) bath
10) Bristol
Anyone heard from Edinburgh yet?

Quick Reply