University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Melissaamy123
I've got an interview with Essex for English Lit on the 28th Jan. Is yours in a group too? I'm not sure what to expect..

Yeah mine's a group interview too... To be honest I'm not sure what to expect either. Have they already accepted you or do you think it's based on this interview? I doubt it plays a role in whether they give you a place or not because it's a group interview, and I heard it's only like 10 minutes so surely not :\ lol. Let me know how your interview goes!
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
it's based on the interview for sure, although on UCAS they haven't updated anything - it still shows that I'm waiting for a response.
Hopefully it's nothing too difficult, and I can't see how they judge people in a group either, but oh well.

lol I will do - good luck!
Reply 42
I don't think it's based on the interview, I mean it's a group activity :/ I'm not sure though.
Just got an offer from the uni. However, the offer is DDD and I'm currently predicted DDM, so I'd better up my game :biggrin:
Original post by PixelMunk
Just got an offer from the uni. However, the offer is DDD and I'm currently predicted DDM, so I'd better up my game :biggrin:

Congratulations! When did you apply? I'm still waiting for an answer myself :smile:
Original post by Entreflex
Congratulations! When did you apply? I'm still waiting for an answer myself :smile:

I applied around about two weeks before the Christmas holidays. Hope you get the reply you want :wink:

Also, what course did you apply for?
I applied around about two weeks before the Christmas holidays. Hope you get the reply you want :wink:

Also, what course did you apply for?

Ahh, cool! :biggrin:
I applied for psychology :smile:
Original post by Entreflex
Ahh, cool! :biggrin:
I applied for psychology :smile:

I applied for criminology with social psychology with a year abroad. Should be pretty decent if I go there.
I applied for criminology with social psychology with a year abroad. Should be pretty decent if I go there.

Ahh! I've always found criminology extremely fascinating, actually thought about studying it as well. I hope you'll like it! :smile:
I applied from Germany for Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience and I just got my offer today! :smile:
Reply 50
Does anyone hold an offer for Economics and Mathematics Bsc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Got an interview on the 18th February for Biological Science. Anyone else got an interview?
Applied for Accountacy and Finance with year abroad, applied at the start of December and still not heard back. All my other Uni's gave me offers within 10 days. Anyone else applying for Accounting or Economic related courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for psychology with a year abroad BBB :smile: I haven't looked at the uni yet though so have no idea what it's like and the surrounding town so yeah :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LegendReborn
Didn't see one up for 2015.

So what course has everyone applied for? And have you received an interview/offer yet?

As for me, applied for Computer Science with Year in the Industry, got a letter for an interview on Jan 28th - Applicant Day.
If you're currently doing CompSci there now, sharing your experience with it here would be great :smile:

I applied for Economics with French and got an offer today for BBB :biggrin:

Original post by nadinevictoria
Got an offer for psychology with a year abroad BBB :smile: I haven't looked at the uni yet though so have no idea what it's like and the surrounding town so yeah :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How long did It take from when you sent your UCAS to them giving you an offer and also what are your target grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got an interview to study genetics on 18th February, I LOVE the Uni, but I have no idea what to expect, like is it formal? Do I need to do prep on anything? Anyone have any ideas?
Reply 57
Original post by frizzylizze
I've got an interview to study genetics on 18th February, I LOVE the Uni, but I have no idea what to expect, like is it formal? Do I need to do prep on anything? Anyone have any ideas?

I've got an interview for Biological Science the same day. On the letter they sent me it said 'you will not be expected to dress formally.' So you don't need to worry about that :smile:. I would expect a couple questions on the topics you talked about on your personal statement as well. Whats the uni like? I haven't been to an open day :biggrin:
Original post by mintym8
I've got an interview for Biological Science the same day. On the letter they sent me it said 'you will not be expected to dress formally.' So you don't need to worry about that :smile:. I would expect a couple questions on the topics you talked about on your personal statement as well. Whats the uni like? I haven't been to an open day :biggrin:

Ahhh, you're more organised than me, don't even know where the letter went! Thank you for letting me know! I love the uni campus! It had such a nice feel to it, and the accommodation looked so nice! I was really impressed, and the labs as well are just amazing, it's my top choice! Beautiful setting as well!
Original post by A level sufferer
How long did It take from when you sent your UCAS to them giving you an offer and also what are your target grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

probably about under two weeks and my target grades are AAB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending