The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adipoptosis
Surely a Goldman MD earns that much?!

Yea, I don't think so mate.
Money. I already have a degree.
Original post by SarcasticMel
Yea, I don't think so mate.

With bonus I thought thats how much they earn. I confess its just hearsay. Well he's a partner now anyway, so it must be over £1m by now?
I don't care about the money! I just wanna brag with my new Oxford degree c: Ha ha Ha! I could seem like a smart ass
Voted third option for the lulz

Id take the 250K. Could pay for uni straight up with that. Could buy a house. Rent it out, mortgage free. Nice!

Also, apparently, graduates are meant to earn 100K more than non graduates over a lifetime. This way you've got 2.5 times that...
Original post by SirMasterKey
Money. I already have a degree.

This is also true. Im approaching the end of my degree, so defs money!
With bonus I thought thats how much they earn. I confess its just hearsay. Well he's a partner now anyway, so it must be over £1m by now?

They also tell you that everyone there works 100+ hours on average (not that that doesn't happen at all).

Anyway, the guy might actually be getting that much because he is so good and they want to keep him, but then it's about him, not his title, so saying "an MD gets 1m" is wrong.
Original post by Hiling99
I don't care about the money! I just wanna brag with my new Oxford degree c: Ha ha Ha! I could seem like a smart ass

See. The flipside to this, is you get an Oxford degree, but you get one in underwater basket weaving (Which would be quite hard... )
Original post by SarcasticMel
They also tell you that everyone there works 100+ hours on average (not that that doesn't happen at all).

Anyway, the guy might actually be getting that much because he is so good and they want to keep him, but then it's about him, not his title, so saying "an MD gets 1m" is wrong.

Fair enough :smile: There's a lot of hearsay about IB especially from professions that are envious/bitter about them.
Posted from TSR Mobile
People can prove anything with maths.Your numbers mean nothing.
What kinda stupid ass question is this ?!

SMH
250K, I already got 'da uni experience' at another RG, why does it matter I get it at Oxbridge to have achieved something? Plus paying the bills innit
Im so sorry to all the people who just got Oxbridge offers over the past few weeks
Original post by The_Internet
See. The flipside to this, is you get an Oxford degree, but you get one in underwater basket weaving (Which would be quite hard... )

... I don't think Oxford offers a degree in 'underwater basket weaving'... But you never know. However on a serious note, I have had my heart set on Oxford for years now so it would be literally a dream come true for me.
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mdg45gdhk/kunal-shah-managing-director-goldman-sachs-29/

So this guy graduated from Oxbridge at 21. In six years he's an MD at Goldman - thats over a £1m per year easily. Along the way he's been earning over £250k for at least 3 of those years. He's also Indian and Goldman isn't the NHS.

Not saying this is the norm but its not as straight-forward as your story.

He is already a partner, he was promoted early to scare away the headhunters.
Original post by Hiling99
... I don't think Oxford offers a degree in 'underwater basket weaving'... But you never know. However on a serious note, I have had my heart set on Oxford for years now so it would be literally a dream come true for me.

I was kidding :smile:
Original post by Hody421
He is already a partner, he was promoted early to scare away the headhunters.

Yeah I saw! Do you know him?!
250 K. I reckon that requires more time and effort to come by than an Oxbridge first.
250k.
Original post by The_Internet
I was kidding :smile:

Me knows :smile:

Latest