The Student Room Group

The process to becoming a solicitor and getting into a top law firm?

Hey guys! I am currently a law student at Swansea Uni which is not a Russell group uni so I was wondering whether it was possible for someone who gets a 2:1 or 1st class degree in a non russell group uni to get into a magic circle or US law firm? I only hear about Russell group/oxbridge graduates getting into these types of law firms but it is my dream to get into one of these firms one day. I also wanted to know the process so if anyone knows please can you inform me? Thank you so much in advance!!
Yes, it is possible. It is worth doing a google search along the lines of linkedin trainee solicitor then add the name of a big firm] and you will see people from all kinds of universities. Usually they have top grades however. Some firms require AAB as minimum A level grades and you need to pass at some first the Watson G test.
In years 2 and 3 of my law degree I volunteered weekly at the local law centred. I did moots. I got some regional local law firm work experience in my home town in the North , I applied to loads and loads of firms for a training contract in summer holiday after year 2 of my degree and from year 3 to about February of year 3 of my LLB when at last I got an offer. In other words it is a lot of work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending