The Student Room Group

Why is Superdry so popular?

Many people at my school either have Superdry messenger bags or jackets, but I'm somewhat immune from the craze. Can anyone explain what makes Superdry as popular as the likes of Nike and Adidas? :smile:
Because there are a lot of chavs at your school
Coz its pukka innit brav.
Is it really for chavs? What are non chavs meant to wear?
I think people just wear it because the brand is cool (also incredibly expensive...) So maybe some people use it to show off?

Having said that, some of their products are really nice
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Because there are a lot of chavs at your school

What makes you believe that Superdry is popular among chavs? Is it another Juicy Couture with less sparkle?
Original post by CharmingCat
What makes you believe that Superdry is popular among chavs? Is it another Juicy Couture with less sparkle?

All the ruffians at my school wore them. To me a jacket is a jacket I just didn't like a lot of the people I saw who wore them.
Original post by SmashConcept
Is it really for chavs? What are non chavs meant to wear?

It's for whoever wants to wear them, it just so happens that includes the chavs who were at my school. That's just the way it is, or at least was then in my experience. One of my friends wore one and he wasn't a dickhead at all however.
I wear it because it's good quality stuff, Doesn't lose it's shape in the wash etc....
Reply 9
So so **** even if it is for young boys.
Superdry is still going?

Man, people use to wear it at my school 6 years ago.
I'm pretty out there and very far from
"Chavy ", I wear Superdry jackets and jumpers as they are great quality and not that expensive considering how long they last (3years and counting on the shirts)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I still see quite a few people wearing Superdry hoodies and jackets. I have a couple of Superdry hoodies which are quite nice and they are also warm. :smile: The coats though don’t really appeal to me however because they have three different zippers and don’t fit over a hoodie properly.

Quick Reply

Latest