The Student Room Group
Bit of an exaggeration

You probably notice Muslim users more because you're looking for them. There's no official census but I'm fairly certain white non-Muslims constitute the majority of TSR users.
Original post by Anonymοοse
Bit of an exaggeration

You probably notice Muslim users more because you're looking for them. There's no official census but I'm fairly certain white non-Muslims constitute the majority of TSR users.

This, basically.
I've got that feeling too simply because I don't know many Muslims and I know it's me subconsciously noticing them :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Edward Pilth
There seems to be a lot of Muslims on this forum who go to LSE, Imperial and Oxbridge. The smarter on on here do seem to be Muslim...

Are there any white people on this forum at all?

Why do you insinuate that 'white' people can't be muslims?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elhm1800
Why do you insinuate that 'white' people can't be muslims?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This
The smarter on on here do seem to be Muslim...

Some time spent on the Religion section might make you reconsider that
(edited 9 years ago)
It doesn't, you just notice the Muslims more.
Reply 8
It's probably because the threads in the "Religion forum" get a lot of attention and thus there will always be something to do with Islam on the home page of TSR. I don't think Muslims make up the majority of users, just "debate" about Islam seems to be one of the most popular genres of thread
(edited 9 years ago)
Even with immigration from places such as the Middle East & South Asia I'm pretty sure the majority of users here are still White British.
Original post by Multitalented me
Even with immigration from places such as the Middle East & South Asia I'm pretty sure the majority of users here are still White British.

Ever heard of 'white British' Muslims?:holmes: (facepalm)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ever heard of 'white British' Muslims?:holmes: (facepalm)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure they're not in the majority.
Original post by Multitalented me
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure they're not in the majority.

That might be but you can't just dismiss them...

Posted from TSR Mobile
That might be but you can't just dismiss them...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was speaking like generally (I know full well Muslims can be white & British), I think you're being a bit pedantic tbh.
I'd assume they're mainly South Asians and South Asians often have fairly strict parents who encourage their kids to study hard and if you study hard you're likely to end up on TSR. :smile:
There seems to be a lot of Muslims on this forum who go to LSE, Imperial and Oxbridge. The smarter on on here do seem to be Muslim...

Are there any white people on this forum at all?

First of all, why do you think only non whites would be Muslims?

Secondly, is that a problem?
I mean I don't think anyone is looking for anyone. I'm not looking for Muslims but I can agree that there are a lot of them. But there are probably majority white people here. I think the TSR demographic matches quite closely to society's demographic.

It's just the Muslims make themselves so apparent because their TSR names would be Asian orrr they'd go saying they're Muslim, so it seems there's overwhelmingly more of them. I think not.

But yes they are apparently here and a lot of them. It can get annoying because like it or not, people come on here to talk to other people. And from what I see, the Muslims are quite friendly and well-behaved on the forums.

I just don't have jack **** in common with them and don't expect to date them either.

So it ****s wid ma viiiiibes.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
I think the majority here are white British actually.
Reply 18
Thanks OP... us thicko whities and all that..
Awww that bothers you. It makes me happy.

Latest

Trending

Trending