The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ghalia8
Hey, has anyone got Combined honours in social sciences offer yet?

I applied for CH in arts, terrifying knowing there's only 70-75 places isn't it haha?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 321
Original post by cucaracha
Oh yay! :h: it looks like there's still a lot of offers to be made on the Connect page :tongue: I'm so excited for the course! Are you firming?

Yeah I know! Congrats on your offer! I'm actually so so so excited for it, almost counting down the days- yes I'm 100% firming! Are you? What collage did you go for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 322
Original post by emily997
I applied for CH in arts, terrifying knowing there's only 70-75 places isn't it haha?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The acceptance rate is really low!!
Apparently in 2013 only 10% of applicants for CH SS got an offer:eek:
I got mine in December! Any news from your side yet?
Original post by Elle97
Yeah I know! Congrats on your offer! I'm actually so so so excited for it, almost counting down the days- yes I'm 100% firming! Are you? What collage did you go for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, it was such a relief to get - I'm pretty sure I'll firm! Josephine Butler, you? but I'm starting to wish I went for a Bailey college... especially since being catered sounds appealing right now!
Reply 324
Thanks, it was such a relief to get - I'm pretty sure I'll firm! Josephine Butler, you? but I'm starting to wish I went for a Bailey college... especially since being catered sounds appealing right now!

Same ahah! Well done, it's so competitive! ah I liked the modern feel of JB but I went for St. John's because I'm desperate to be on the Bailey! A. Because I'm lazy and it's where the department is, b. Because i can't cook and C because it's so beautiful and traditional!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jhaddad
A* A A for English Literature!

Damn how do you have an offer already? I thought they werent giving English Lit offers out till like February time...
Original post by Elle97
Same ahah! Well done, it's so competitive! ah I liked the modern feel of JB but I went for St. John's because I'm desperate to be on the Bailey! A. Because I'm lazy and it's where the department is, b. Because i can't cook and C because it's so beautiful and traditional!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're the exact reasons why I wish I could be on the Bailey! At least I won't have to share a bedroom or bathroom at JB :biggrin: That's what put me off applying to St Chad's, my 2nd choice. I suppose I could end up being reallocated anyways
Reply 327
They're the exact reasons why I wish I could be on the Bailey! At least I won't have to share a bedroom or bathroom at JB :biggrin: That's what put me off applying to St Chad's, my 2nd choice. I suppose I could end up being reallocated anyways

I see why you'd want a bathroom, when I did the Durham residential everything was lovely and clean but sharing facilities was a bit of a chore when there were no ensuite rooms available! All the collages are nice though, I'd live in a box if it meant Durham! What were your other uni choices if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elle97
I see why you'd want a bathroom, when I did the Durham residential everything was lovely and clean but sharing facilities was a bit of a chore when there were no ensuite rooms available! All the collages are nice though, I'd live in a box if it meant Durham! What were your other uni choices if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, I would probably be happy at any college, though ensuites are a nice touch!

Oxford - rejection after interviews
Nottingham, Birmingham, UEA - unconditional if firm choice

Oxford and Durham have been my favourite choices from the start, though I do like the other courses & unis a lot too, especially Notts :smile:

What were yours choices?
Original post by apis42
Well my application was sent just before winter break last December, so i guess about a month. Shouldn't be long now before they reply to you. :biggrin:

Mine got sent off before yours on 25 November?! And I still haven't got a reply?
Original post by ak2015
I have one for maths and economics!

When did your application get sent off and when did you get an offer?
Reply 331
True, I would probably be happy at any college, though ensuites are a nice touch!

Oxford - rejection after interviews
Nottingham, Birmingham, UEA - unconditional if firm choice

Oxford and Durham have been my favourite choices from the start, though I do like the other courses & unis a lot too, especially Notts :smile:

What were yours choices?

Ah I'm sorry about Oxford- I know so many amazing candidates who were turned down by Oxbridge this yeah, idek what they were after!
Durham, Exeter, York, Lancaster and St.Andrewss and I'm just waiting for St.Andrews now!

Yeah I've heard Notts is lovely! Durham is my favourite, Lancaster will probs be my second!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for General Engineering at Grey College and I sent my application at the end of September and I still didn't hear anything from them! 😲
Has anyone heard anything from Durham for General Engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ghalia8
The acceptance rate is really low!!
Apparently in 2013 only 10% of applicants for CH SS got an offer:eek:
I got mine in December! Any news from your side yet?

Congrats! What subjects did you apply for? I applied for 2 social sciences and 2 arts ones, bit worried they'll think picking four means am not as dedicated idk? Nope, not feeling that optimistic really but should hear bh the end of January, I think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 334
Congrats! What subjects did you apply for? I applied for 2 social sciences and 2 arts ones, bit worried they'll think picking four means am not as dedicated idk? Nope, not feeling that optimistic really but should hear bh the end of January, I think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
I actually haven't specified which ones i wanted I never knew i should!
I doubt that picking four means youre not as dedicated! the whole point of the course is to give you a broader range of subjects so dont worry about that :biggrin:
what i want to pick though is geography, politics and international relations and I'm not so sure about the third, hbu?? :confused:
Have you gotten any offers from other universities?
Original post by ghalia8
Thank you!
I actually haven't specified which ones i wanted I never knew i should!
I doubt that picking four means youre not as dedicated! the whole point of the course is to give you a broader range of subjects so dont worry about that :biggrin:
what i want to pick though is geography, politics and international relations and I'm not so sure about the third, hbu?? :confused:
Have you gotten any offers from other universities?

Oh that's a good combination! Sociology sounds like it could be good with those two? English, Politics, Sociology and History :smile:
Yeah, all but Durham! Applied to exeter, royal holloway, and UEA for history and politics and Kings College for Liberal Arts. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 336
Oh that's a good combination! Sociology sounds like it could be good with those two? English, Politics, Sociology and History :smile:
Yeah, all but Durham! Applied to exeter, royal holloway, and UEA for history and politics and Kings College for Liberal Arts. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, sociology would make most sense with them!
Yours are amazing as well
Umm i got rejected from Cambridge for HSPS
I also applied to LSE, University College London, and King's College London
Hello evreyone, I applied to Durham for management and I realised after I had already sent my PS that there were several mistakes, what do you think my chances are?
Original post by sultaabs
Hello evreyone, I applied to Durham for management and I realised after I had already sent my PS that there were several mistakes, what do you think my chances are?

Depends on the mistakes, I guess. Was it typos and spelling mistakes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah really stupid ones like financial I wrote it fiancial!

Quick Reply

Latest