The Student Room Group

Shia LaBeouf video paedophile controversy

So lately there's been great discussion on Sia's new music video "Elastic Heart" featuring a shirtless Shia LaBeouf and 12 year old Maddie Ziegler dancing esoterically together in skin-tone attire in a cage. A lot of the controversy surrounding the video is that of paedophilic scrutiny. Personally I cannot fathom this accusation as there is no identifiable physical chemistry between the two dancers apart from profession of course. I was wondering what other people think of the video and the depth of the message it portrays.
Reply 1
Oh my bloody God. Basically, Maddie and Shia are representing two sides of Sia. One is the more relaxed side of her and the other is the one trapped inside her head. Like, notice how Maddie could get out of the cage easily but Shia couldn't? It's because the walls in her head aren't allowing her to be free, be herself. Whereas Maddie could get through because she's letting herself loose, more relaxed. However, Shia could get halfway through but couldn't all the way because he won't let himself I mean if he turned to the side he could slide through and fit. It's because it's representing that sometimes when you want to do something you'll start it, but it's hard to get all the way through. Things, feelings, **** get's in the way. That's what I feel it shows
Reply 2
Probably the only music video I have watched, I felt it represented so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by llennon_04
So lately there's been great discussion on Sia's new music video "Elastic Heart" featuring a shirtless Shia LaBeouf and 12 year old Maddie Ziegler dancing esoterically together in skin-tone attire in a cage. A lot of the controversy surrounding the video is that of paedophilic scrutiny. Personally I cannot fathom this accusation as there is no identifiable physical chemistry between the two dancers apart from profession of course. I was wondering what other people think of the video and the depth of the message it portrays.

I agree - it's hardly a s8xualised video. The controversy about it is absurd.
Weird, I was so prepared to read in this thread that Shia LaBeouf had been nabbed by the American 'Yewtree' or something.
The people who read paeophilia into that video are saying more about their own sordid mind than about the video.

I thought it was a beautiful performance, it made me think about a father-daughter relationship... it was very moving at the end how he has to let his daughter go, he can't follow her through the bars.

Exceptionally good music video. The "controversy" is a storm in a Twitter teacup
Reply 6
Original post by Chi019
I agree - it's hardly a s8xualised video. The controversy about it is absurd.

The controversy surrounding it is ignorant and rather quite stupid
Reply 7
Original post by Puresha
Oh my bloody God. Basically, Maddie and Shia are representing two sides of Sia. One is the more relaxed side of her and the other is the one trapped inside her head. Like, notice how Maddie could get out of the cage easily but Shia couldn't? It's because the walls in her head aren't allowing her to be free, be herself. Whereas Maddie could get through because she's letting herself loose, more relaxed. However, Shia could get halfway through but couldn't all the way because he won't let himself I mean if he turned to the side he could slide through and fit. It's because it's representing that sometimes when you want to do something you'll start it, but it's hard to get all the way through. Things, feelings, **** get's in the way. That's what I feel it shows

That's a very interesting interpretation of the video; I see what you mean and I agree completely
Reply 8
Original post by Pulse.
Probably the only music video I have watched, I felt it represented so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you think it represented more specifically?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending