2) French as Foreign Language- 88%
3) Maths- 87%
4) Combined Science- 92%
5) Economics- 90%
6) ICT- 87%
7) Business Studies - 92%

Basically, 4 a* and 3 a

I'm taking Bio, Chem, Phy, Eng lang and Maths for A levels

With these grades, is it possible for me to build on them and get As and A*s in A levels??
What are the grade requirements for really good universities in the UK (not necessarily Oxbridge but more King's College, LSE, Uni College London etc)??

Finally, would you say that I have done well in my IGCSEs, or is this an average score??

Thank you!!
Let me explain the difference between A level and GCSE:

GCSE knowledge required:
This Much: <--------->

A level knowledge required:
This Much: <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

A levels are A LOT harder than GCSE, so, revise your A levels in the summer to get a leg up on everyone because I can assure you A level sciences are no walk in the park.

The grade requirements for those unis typically require a minimum of 1 A* grade to get noticed because everyone getting As will be applying to this universities. =l
*SIGH* why is life so complicated?? But I was aware that it is an immensely difficult course. Out of the sciences, which would you say is the most difficult?? I know it depends on many factors, such as individual aptitude and teachers and that no science is easier than the other, but out of personal experience??
Original post by fandom-queen
*SIGH* why is life so complicated?? But I was aware that it is an immensely difficult course. Out of the sciences, which would you say is the most difficult?? I know it depends on many factors, such as individual aptitude and teachers and that no science is easier than the other, but out of personal experience??

I didn't do physics but I did do A level mechanics and maths, so, I would say A2 level Chemistry is the hardest thing I did at A level. :angry:
What do you need to know for french?
They are great results to build on, but GCSEs pretty much are forgotten by A level. It's not about what you got in the past, it's about the work you put in while you're studying. I know people who got low marks in GCSE but put in loads of work and got A*s at A level and vice versa.
Those results suggest you have the potential to get high grades in A level, but you have to maintain the same standard throughout..
Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by Bethan_!!!
They are great results to build on, but GCSEs pretty much are forgotten by A level. It's not about what you got in the past, it's about the work you put in while you're studying. I know people who got low marks in GCSE but put in loads of work and got A*s at A level and vice versa.
Those results suggest you have the potential to get high grades in A level, but you have to maintain the same standard throughout..
Hope that helps :smile:

It's very helpful!! Thanks a lot, I've been told how difficult A-levels are, but nice to know it's not impossible
Original post by hannahmary234
What do you need to know for french?

Preperation for French exams, A.K.A QUESTION PAPERS!! I can honestly say that I am useless at the subject and yet I got an A. I'm not sure about UK French as first lang or foreign lang, but Igcses in French as foreign language is easy as long as you know qps like the back of your hand. I'd be worried about speaking though, if I were you. Best of luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest