The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield Uni DLL admissions test

I am returning to education, am a mature student and don't have a degree. I have a conditional offer for Sheffield uni as long as I pass the department of lifelong learning admissions test (maths) I'm super nervous and not sure what to expect. Has anyone taken the test?
Reply 1
Did you make it?
I received conditional offer too and do not know what to expect from those tests. If you pass it could you give advices, please?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by Vikay
Did you make it?
I received conditional offer too and do not know what to expect from those tests. If you pass it could you give advices, please?
Yes I did the test online at home - basically around 29 GCSE maths questions; algebra, scatter graphs, fractions etc I had been studying for it and felt rusty but I thought the test went ok.. then I got my results 30/42 🙈 which isn’t too bad I know but not sure if I have done well enough so just revise all things GCSE a lot of the stuff I studied on the bbc bitesize website was super helpful. I also had the interview and again felt like that went well but my course is competitive so they said I wouldn’t find out until mid April if I got a place or not so the wait is agonising 🙈
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
Yes I did the test online at home - basically around 29 GCSE maths questions; algebra, scatter graphs, fractions etc I had been studying for it and felt rusty but I thought the test went ok.. then I got my results 30/42 🙈 which isn’t too bad I know but not sure if I have done well enough so just revise all things GCSE a lot of the stuff I studied on the bbc bitesize website was super helpful. I also had the interview and again felt like that went well but my course is competitive so they said I wouldn’t find out until mid April if I got a place or not so the wait is agonising 🙈

Thank you so much for your reply! I am also nervous because I haven't studied for almost two years now and my previous education wasn't in the UK so I don't know where to start. I also required to do English test. But I am happy for you sounds like you did really good! Thank you again!
Reply 4
Original post by Vikay
Thank you so much for your reply! I am also nervous because I haven't studied for almost two years now and my previous education wasn't in the UK so I don't know where to start. I also required to do English test. But I am happy for you sounds like you did really good! Thank you again!
Thank you 😊 I didn’t do the English test sorry! But I’m sure you will do great! good luck!!
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thank you 😊 I didn’t do the English test sorry! But I’m sure you will do great! good luck!!

Thank you so much!
Do you guys know what marks counts as a 'pass' for these DLL tests? i just had my marks back on my maths and english test, a bit anxious i didn't do well enough on my english test :/
Original post by LouJ1995
Do you guys know what marks counts as a 'pass' for these DLL tests? i just had my marks back on my maths and english test, a bit anxious i didn't do well enough on my english test :/

I don’t know they didn’t say.. and in the end I didn’t get through - I got 70% on the test but my course was competitive and they said I needed more work experience but they didn’t mention the test results, sorry that’s not much help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending