The Student Room Group

FP2 Complex Transformations - will I still get full marks?

Hi,

I don't understand what method the mark scheme took for part (a) and part (b), as I took a different way. I was wondering if my method (shown in picture) is still appropriate and would still score full marks?

Also, in part (b), is it okay if I use my values for x and y in part (a) and just substitute them into the line?

Link to mark scheme: https://eiewebvip.edexcel.org.uk/Reports/Confidential%20Documents/0706/6676_01_rms_20070815.pdf

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1422733197.392773.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1422733208.649939.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1422733224.778692.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by kingaaran
Hi,

I don't understand what method the mark scheme took for part (a) and part (b), as I took a different way. I was wondering if my method (shown in picture) is still appropriate and would still score full marks?

Also, in part (b), is it okay if I use my values for x and y in part (a) and just substitute them into the line?

Link to mark scheme: https://eiewebvip.edexcel.org.uk/Reports/Confidential%20Documents/0706/6676_01_rms_20070815.pdf

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1422733197.392773.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1422733208.649939.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1422733224.778692.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I was marking and the method is correct I would give full marks to an alternative.

(Fortunately I do not mark)
Reply 2
Original post by TeeEm
If I was marking and the method is correct I would give full marks to an alternative.

(Fortunately I do not mark)

Is my method correct? I also don't understand why the mark scheme has done it the way it has...? :frown:
Reply 3
Is my method correct? I also don't understand why the mark scheme has done it the way it has...? :frown:

Sorry I did not look at your method

My comment was general
Reply 4

i did look at part (a) and the marking scheme

they are both correct

the marking scheme shows the "secondary" and does not show the "primary" which incidentally is yours...
very surprised
Reply 5
Original post by TeeEm
i did look at part (a) and the marking scheme

they are both correct

the marking scheme shows the "secondary" and does not show the "primary" which incidentally is yours...
very surprised

Ah right, that's good then - at least I'll get full marks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest