The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pathway
:console:

:hugs:

The worst part is the hopelessness but I suppose it's not forever.
feel achingly desperate. really really dreadfully painful and terrible.
Original post by Pathway
Yeah, being tired definitely sets me off too. Hmm, do you use grounding techniques? They sometimes help me "come back".

Thank you. :h:

To be honest I mostly try eating a packet of crisps. :colondollar: The crunchiness seems to help somehow... :tongue:
tired of this fight :emo:
Original post by ScaryScience

:penguinhug:
Original post by superwolf
To be honest I mostly try eating a packet of crisps. :colondollar: The crunchiness seems to help somehow... :tongue:

That makes sense! I sometimes chew gum because of this lol.

:hugs: If you want to talk, I'm here?
:penguinhug:

:hugs: hope youre okay
Original post by Pathway
That makes sense! I sometimes chew gum because of this lol.

:hugs: If you want to talk, I'm here?

thanks but not sure theres much to say. just feel absolutely awful and im drained and fed up. hope youre ok :hugs:
:hugs: hope youre okay

I am, thanks. :smile: I hope something changes for the better for you soon!
thanks but not sure theres much to say. just feel absolutely awful and im drained and fed up. hope youre ok :hugs:

You're not alone. :console:

I'm ok, just quite dissociated.
Original post by Pathway
You're not alone. :console:

I'm ok, just quite dissociated.

I recommend crunchy crunchy crisps! :tongue: I take it you've tried grounding techniques? :console:
I recommend crunchy crunchy crisps! :tongue: I take it you've tried grounding techniques? :console:

Food

Spoiler

Yeah, tried all my go-to grounding techniques. Problem is they don't always work on me. But I'll be alright. I think it's because I am finding this letter difficult? But I want to get it out of the way or I'll forget/get busy with uni again tomorrow. Gah.
Original post by Pathway
Food

Spoiler

Yeah, tried all my go-to grounding techniques. Problem is they don't always work on me. But I'll be alright. I think it's because I am finding this letter difficult? But I want to get it out of the way or I'll forget/get busy with uni again tomorrow. Gah.

:hugs: That sucks. Hope that's something you can work on!

How about: scrunching up tin foil; bursting bubble wrap; hugging a hot water bottle; lighting some incense? If you have an idea of what senses are most likely to bring you back, I can try and give a few more ideas?

Makes sense about the letter causing it, hope you still get it done anyways. :smile:
:hugs: That sucks. Hope that's something you can work on!

How about: scrunching up tin foil; bursting bubble wrap; hugging a hot water bottle; lighting some incense? If you have an idea of what senses are most likely to bring you back, I can try and give a few more ideas?

Makes sense about the letter causing it, hope you still get it done anyways. :smile:

Ohh, I could bust bubble wrap. It's usually touch and/or hearing/music that helps me.

I'm usually dissociated to a degree anyway, so it's difficult. :frown: I don't want to freak out or anything, which usually happens if I'm brought out of a dissociated state. It's like a tightrope? (I don't know if I am explaining this correctly?) I have to stay on the edge, going to far either side can lead to "bad" things. :s-smilie:

I hate this. :frown:

Thank you though. :smile:
Original post by Pathway
Ohh, I could bust bubble wrap. It's usually touch and/or hearing/music that helps me.

I'm usually dissociated to a degree anyway, so it's difficult. :frown: I don't want to freak out or anything, which usually happens if I'm brought out of a dissociated state. It's like a tightrope? (I don't know if I am explaining this correctly?) I have to stay on the edge, going to far either side can lead to "bad" things. :s-smilie:

:hugs: Sounds really tough... Hope you can keep yourself more or less ok.

You don't have any pets do you? I find animals very reassuring, without the pressure of explaining yourself to a human. :colondollar:
:hugs: Sounds really tough... Hope you can keep yourself more or less ok.

You don't have any pets do you? I find animals very reassuring, without the pressure of explaining yourself to a human. :colondollar:

Noo, I'm in halls. Not allowed pets lol. I get what you mean though, animals are amazing. <3
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
didn't make it to the party but thanks for the encouragement :smile: just found people from my old school deleting me off Facebook…but they've kept all my other school friends. What the hell :/ it's things like that which make me feel there's stigma.

now I can't remember whether it was actually ME who deleted them because I went through a purge during my severe depressive episode in late 2012 when I was close to psychosis and showing it all over my page…idk

I wouldn't care but for the fact they only deleted me no-one else in my friendship group

Hmm :s-smilie: don't know what to suggest about friends - I guess quite possible you culled them back then, then? :s-smilie: Can you add the ones back you'd like to speak to? :hugs: I know that I really need to do a cull :colondollar: like I think it's difficult - because you do have some friends who you get a long well with, but didn't speak to as much? and then there are people you smiled at in the corridor, but didn't actually talk to them that much? :dontknow:

Facebook is confusing :colondollar:

Original post by Team_McDreamy
it never ends :frown:

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
hey all :h:

MHSS XVI...I remember the days of Dep Soc :moon:

feel very old now :tongue: though this account is still pretty new lol.

:hi: :biggrin:

You *are* old :poke: :hide: Still a teenager :woo:
*ahem* I'm really sorry your secret santa didn't arrive, btw :s-smilie: I have another one of one of the thinsg/just need to make it again, then will send - though might be more of an easter santa :colondollar: Sorry :frown: I'd get royal mail for it but atm don't seem to be able to get anything done :/

Hope you're okay! :hugs:

Original post by Pathway
Decided to make a new account. The above is me (and anon #27 from the old thread is also me).

Soo. Hi everyone.

:woo: Sorry, I think I missed one of your replies on the last thread :s-smilie: :frown:
I hope you're okay :hugs:

Original post by Anonymous
I've been feeling absolutely awful for weeks. Pretty much every day ends in tears and I can't bring myself to do anything. I don't know how to stop wallowing in self-pity. :frown:

:jumphug: about for most of today if you want/need to vent :hugs: I hope today improves for you :redface:

-------------------------------------------------

Sick spoiler?

Spoiler

Also the lotr book set I was going to get got sold in the last hour :frown: it was a "like new" copy from amazon warehouse, and was going to buy it - now will just get either new copy (£7 more though from amazon :s-smilie: :frown: or get from a 3rd party/get some time in the next week) I was *going* to order it, too, but the amazon locker nearby was full and I'm nervous to get packages to the house sort of if we're not it? :/

Blah, anyway..... minor mishap, but just annoying :s-smilie:
Original post by purple-duck
Hmm :s-smilie: don't know what to suggest about friends - I guess quite possible you culled them back then, then? :s-smilie: Can you add the ones back you'd like to speak to? :hugs: I know that I really need to do a cull :colondollar: like I think it's difficult - because you do have some friends who you get a long well with, but didn't speak to as much? and then there are people you smiled at in the corridor, but didn't actually talk to them that much? :dontknow:

Facebook is confusing :colondollar:

:hi: :biggrin:

You *are* old :poke: :hide: Still a teenager :woo:
*ahem* I'm really sorry your secret santa didn't arrive, btw :s-smilie: I have another one of one of the thinsg/just need to make it again, then will send - though might be more of an easter santa :colondollar: Sorry :frown: I'd get royal mail for it but atm don't seem to be able to get anything done :/

Hope you're okay! :hugs:

:woo: Sorry, I think I missed one of your replies on the last thread :s-smilie: :frown:

:jumphug: about for most of today if you want/need to vent :hugs: I hope today improves for you :redface:

Sick spoiler?

Spoiler

Also the lotr book set I was going to get got sold in the last hour :frown: it was a "like new" copy from amazon warehouse, and was going to buy it - now will just get either new copy (£7 more though from amazon :s-smilie: :frown: or get from a 3rd party/get some time in the next week) I was *going* to order it, too, but the amazon locker nearby was full and I'm nervous to get packages to the house sort of if we're not it? :/

thanks. hope youre ok :console:
Squishy TLG hugs for everyone struggling today :grouphugs:

Infant TLG keeps screaming and crying :s-smilie: Feels like I'm going backwards rather than forwards again :cry:

Original post by Pathway

Hey, glad you're sticking with us and that you decided to come off anon :hugs:
Original post by purple-duck

Sick spoiler?

Spoiler

I'll be okay. :hugs:

:frown: That sounds horrible, how're you feeling now?

Maaaaan, I hate that! And I totally get you about the sending it to home. I don't want to miss the delivery. :hugs:

Latest

Trending

Trending