The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ra7148
Hi everyone,

I have a osborne clarke AC coming up and they said we have to do a critical thinking test? Does this mean watson glaser or verbal reasoning? During the application process they made us do a verbal reasoning test and based on the info I found, previous AC's were made to do a verbal reasoning test so i'm confused.

Hey! When is your AC?
I am also super confused. I mailed then, so I hope they reply by tomorrow
Reply 1881
Original post by trisha.b
Hey! When is your AC?
I am also super confused. I mailed then, so I hope they reply by tomorrow

Mine's Wednesday!
I'm so nervous haha...
Original post by Kidioteque
Managed to get a White & Case application in at the eleventh hour. Wasn't able to give it the same degree of thought as any of my others though, so not getting my hopes up.

Strangely enough, those applications can turn out to be successful from my experience.
Original post by ra7148
Mine's Wednesday!
I'm so nervous haha...

Same! See you there
Does anyone else find it difficult to prepare for competency-based questions?

I know in theory these should be easier than technical questions but I always find them harder to prepare for!
Original post by Cp778
Thank you!

Best of luck, hope you hear soon!
Does anyone have any advice for a Travers interview? :smile:
Anyone know who Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co's verbal reasoning test provider is?

Thanks
Reply 1888
Hi All,

Apologies if I'm asking this question and it's already been answered but would anyone have any links to Watson Glazer practice tests they'd be willing to share please? I've exhausted the Linklaters one!

(Best of luck with all your apps!) :smile:
Original post by OKW192
Hi All,

Apologies if I'm asking this question and it's already been answered but would anyone have any links to Watson Glazer practice tests they'd be willing to share please? I've exhausted the Linklaters one!

(Best of luck with all your apps!) :smile:

There's some practice tests on the Clifford Chance and Hogan Lovells' websites :smile:
Any advice for the Jones Day interview?
Has anybody had a video interview with Hill Dickinson? How did it go? I'm doing mine tomorrow so looking for a bit of advice :smile:
Original post by mkhan12

Also interested in this - Think there's a fair bit on this forum if you search for it.
Original post by keep.on.smiling
Does anyone have any advice for a Travers interview? :smile:

bump! Looking for advice as well, apparently in previous years they asked quite random questions like what you would say to a room filled with a hundred people!
Original post by mkhan12

Original post by liarpoker
Also interested in this - Think there's a fair bit on this forum if you search for it.

From what I've heard, it's quite broad but very friendly. My friend got asked a whole range of topics, from politics to economics to sport (as an icebreaker!) I also have my interview next week, but I'm a little worried as I believe they have filled quite a lot of summer vac scheme places already.
Reply 1895
Original post by almvp
thank you , yeh i was thinking the same. i dont know whether they will ask the q but thought that id consider my response.

Good luck though - I'm sure you'll do great!
Original post by pasdesdeux
From what I've heard, it's quite broad but very friendly. My friend got asked a whole range of topics, from politics to economics to sport (as an icebreaker!) I also have my interview next week, but I'm a little worried as I believe they have filled quite a lot of summer vac scheme places already.

Thanks for that, heard similar things about the process - Apparently it varies from interviewer to interviewer.

What makes you say that? I got my interview invite just after the New Year. and it seems like they are interviewing up until the end of Feb, which would be strange if they are already almost full.
Original post by kadov
Yes to Hill Dickinson. Did the video interview for Nabarro on the 21st January heard back on the 27th.

I still have not heard back from my video interview. Did it a weeks ago, should I be worried?
Reply 1898
Original post by Cp778
Good luck though - I'm sure you'll do great!

Thanks! I'll keep the group updated
Reply 1899
Original post by waza_11
I still have not heard back from my video interview. Did it a weeks ago, should I be worried?

I completed mine on the 26th and still waiting, did you feel as though yours went well? I was happy with mine so hope I get an invite

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending