The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
Edinburgh, st Andrews, UCL and Sheffield. Interview at st Andrews and the rest are Pre interview rejections.

I didn't apply imperial because I was too scared of not reaching the BMAT cutoff!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah.. but this year you managed to get a higher bmat and i am sure u have shown them how u deserve this.. :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Yay another gap year student! My interview was on 27th so I hope to be joining the offer Crew :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here i had my interview on the 27th and im on a gap year! We might get a reply on tuesday so fingers crossed for that offer :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh :frown: does anyone know how they give out offers? Is it collectively for the week interview (i.e. 20th + 21st) or is it based upon the panel you were interviewed by and your score at interview?

Had my interview on the 21st I hope I didnt get rejected...
Original post by YvT1
yeah.. but this year you managed to get a higher bmat and i am sure u have shown them how u deserve this.. :smile:

Original post by ~Zahra~
Same here i had my interview on the 27th and im on a gap year! We might get a reply on tuesday so fingers crossed for that offer :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to all of us :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alevels2k15
Thats great! What grades did you obtain ?
:smile:

If you have a look at my sig, I've put a link to a thread there with my results and my advice for A-Level. :smile:

Yay another gap year student! My interview was on 27th so I hope to be joining the offer Crew :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! Good luck :smile:

Original post by HopefulMedic96
Ahh :frown: does anyone know how they give out offers? Is it collectively for the week interview (i.e. 20th + 21st) or is it based upon the panel you were interviewed by and your score at interview?

Had my interview on the 21st I hope I didnt get rejected...

I'm not too sure but try to relax. I remember people last year hearing a bit later than others but still getting offers :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by imperialmedic'15
I heard back 7 days later but it seems like no one else has.

so you got a offer i guess
Is a provisional driving license sufficient? My passports expired lol
Original post by sweetlemon
Is a provisional driving license sufficient? My passports expired lol

Yeah, should be fine. :smile:
Hi all,
I've received an offer from both Cambridge and imperial (a*a*a and aaac) and having a tough time choosing one. On one hand i like the more diverse course at imperial, but on the other hand there is big pressure and prestige to go to cam. Any suggestions from other people in this situation?
Original post by indahouse
Hi all,
I've received an offer from both Cambridge and imperial (a*a*a and aaac) and having a tough time choosing one. On one hand i like the more diverse course at imperial, but on the other hand there is big pressure and prestige to go to cam. Any suggestions from other people in this situation?

Shouldn't that be quite a straightforward choice?
Hi all,

Id say follow your heart and not the pressure
Medical school is stressful and cambridge will add to that a lot
Prestige doesn't matter as your uni isn't shown on your foundation application
Also will you be able to meet offer without huge stress
A lower one may be less stressful
Both are great institutions and you really need to just decide for yourself, do what you want not what others want you to
Original post by diseasedneckbeard

For a lot of people it isn't
My friend has a cam place and she is not sure about it, her parents and teachers forced her into the application but she doesn't cope with stress or pressure well so isnt going to firm
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Id say follow your heart and not the pressure
Medical school is stressful and cambridge will add to that a lot
Prestige doesn't matter as your uni isn't shown on your foundation application
Also will you be able to meet offer without huge stress
A lower one may be less stressful
Both are great institutions and you really need to just decide for yourself, do what you want not what others want you to

Thanks for that

It's actually quite tough
Reply 1573
Hi all,

i understand it's hard to decide.. i sometimes wondered what i would do if i was fortunate to be in your place.. but i got rejected from cam and so i just hope to get the offer from imperial.. tbh i believe i would have chosen cam bcs of the prestige but also believe i wouldn't be really happy there.. i would still go bcs it's very hard to say no and i would be so proud for getting the offer.. i am more positive that i will be happier in imperial if i am lucky enough to get the offer.. yet london is more expensive and sometimes difficult to live in (no idea where you are from) on the other hand if it suits your character it can be vibrant and exciting with great opportunities and a more relaxed atmosphere concerning studying.. both unis have their pros and cons.. it's up to you and your personality.. i don't know if my opinion helps you at all but i wish you gd luck..
Original post by YvT1
i understand it's hard to decide.. i sometimes wondered what i would do if i was fortunate to be in your place.. but i got rejected from cam and so i just hope to get the offer from imperial.. tbh i believe i would have chosen cam bcs of the prestige but also believe i wouldn't be really happy there.. i would still go bcs it's very hard to say no and i would be so proud for getting the offer.. i am more positive that i will be happier in imperial if i am lucky enough to get the offer.. yet london is more expensive and sometimes difficult to live in (no idea where you are from) on the other hand if it suits your character it can be vibrant and exciting with great opportunities and a more relaxed atmosphere concerning studying.. both unis have their pros and cons.. it's up to you and your personality.. i don't know if my opinion helps you at all but i wish you gd luck..

I'm from London originally, so that also plays a part :smile:
Thanks for your opinion. Wish you allnthe best with your application
Reply 1575
I'm from London originally, so that also plays a part :smile:
Thanks for your opinion. Wish you allnthe best with your application

thanks.. :smile: ahahaha yeah living in london does change things.. like wanting something different or loving where you are.. if you do decide to choose imperial do inform us.. :smile: we might get to know you.. :tongue:
Hi all,

If you are given an offer from cambridge is means they know that you can cope. If you think you can deal with the workload and meet your offer for Cambridge, then you can go on and do well there!

I did hear that people with 3 or 4 A* at A level are likely to get a 1st at Cambridge if they work hard.

On the other hand, imperial is a great uni aswell. Middle of London, prestigious, great social life! And similar to Cambridge it is a leading uni for research and you get 2 degrees out of your 6 years!

Wherever you go for medicine it will be hard, whether it be Cambridge, Imperial, Manchester, Leeds, or Aberdeen. Its up to you to decide on the course structure, social life, and whether you like to live in a small town or a big city.

However since we're in the Imperial thread, I'd say go for imperial mate :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Futuremedic2096
For a lot of people it isn't
My friend has a cam place and she is not sure about it, her parents and teachers forced her into the application but she doesn't cope with stress or pressure well so isnt going to firm

If she doesn't cope well with pressure, why is she going into medicine?

All medical courses are going to be intense and actually practising medicine as a doctor is going to be even more pressure than studying the medical course. If you have the ability to be a doctor, you will also be able to cope with any medical course on offer.

It's actually quite tough

Perhaps.
If she doesn't cope well with pressure, why is she going into medicine?

All medical courses are going to be intense and actually practising medicine as a doctor is going to be even more pressure than studying the medical course. If you have the ability to be a doctor, you will also be able to cope with any medical course on offer.

Perhaps.

She's natsci
Just an observation but for a future doctor you seem awfully narrow minded
If you are given an offer from cambridge is means they know that you can cope. If you think you can deal with the workload and meet your offer for Cambridge, then you can go on and do well there!

I did hear that people with 3 or 4 A* at A level are likely to get a 1st at Cambridge if they work hard.

On the other hand, imperial is a great uni aswell. Middle of London, prestigious, great social life! And similar to Cambridge it is a leading uni for research and you get 2 degrees out of your 6 years!

Wherever you go for medicine it will be hard, whether it be Cambridge, Imperial, Manchester, Leeds, or Aberdeen. Its up to you to decide on the course structure, social life, and whether you like to live in a small town or a big city.

However since we're in the Imperial thread, I'd say go for imperial mate :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posting this in an imperial thread rather than a cambridge thread might show my predisposition towards the former :wink:

Original post by YvT1
thanks.. :smile: ahahaha yeah living in london does change things.. like wanting something different or loving where you are.. if you do decide to choose imperial do inform us.. :smile: we might get to know you.. :tongue:

I haven't lived long enough in London to start hating it :smile: yeah, you might

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending