The Student Room Group

unwritten rules of the london underground??

Scroll to see replies

Let people get off the train first before you try to get on, otherwise I'm just going to walk through you.
Original post by ForgetMe
They must be doing that when there are no staff at present. I once saw a guy jumping over the gate but did not bother to do anything because nothing would change. I've once reported a guy putting products into his backpack to shop floor staff and nothing happened, so not bothering anymore.

There's also such thing as unfinished journey, considering that they must have started their journey somewhere and then have incomplete journey by jumping over the gates. I believe they charge your Oyster for incomplete journeys unless you can claim your money back with online form if you have an account on Tfl website.
It happened to me few times either I've forgotten to touch onto pink reader for interchange journeys like switching from underground to overground or DLR and once because I went throughout the whole station several times and no pink reader was present :K: So, Tfl returned money back for my incomplete journey :h:

The staff really don't give a ****. I reported the guy and the staff said he's gone now. It's kind of good cos I've been using a non valid ticket for almost a month and still haven't been caught :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whatever you do, don't just stand in the middle somewhere. This goes for anywhere in London. If you need to check a map, for god's sake stand to the side, don't just stand in the middle of an area/pavement.

Oh, and when you come out of the tube station (I.e. you walk up the steps) do NOT just stand at the top, at least move so people can get past
Original post by Déscartés
The staff really don't give a ****. I reported the guy and the staff said he's gone now. It's kind of good cos I've been using a non valid ticket for almost a month and still haven't been caught :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll tell them to check your post on here to catch you :colone: Yeah, the staff are more interested in genuine passengers who have trouble getting through the gates than the actual fare dodgers :teehee:
- if the tube doors open right in front of you, step to the side to let people off
- don't eat food
- don't make eye contact ESPECIALLY when you're standing right next to them as it makes the rest of the journey awkward
- if someone says excuse me, actually move out of the way rather than taking one step and thinking that's enough
Under no circumstances shall you take the tube from Covent Garden to Leicester Square.
Original post by Floydacious
Under no circumstances shall you take the tube from Covent Garden to Leicester Square.

Haha, similarly for Piccadilly Circus to Oxford Circus, Marylebone to Baker Street...
I can't stand men who sit with their legs wide open on the tube like they're about to give birth
When on the Tube always carry lube
Do NOT carry round musical instruments in funny-shaped cases in the days following a(n) (attempted or real) terrorist scare, if you are Asian. You WILL get scared/dodgy/furtive looks and you WILL get stopped and asked questions :eek: :bhangra: :ninja:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Do NOT carry round musical instruments in funny-shaped cases in the days following a(n) (attempted or real) terrorist scare, if you are Asian. You WILL get scared/dodgy/furtive looks and you WILL get stopped and asked questions :eek: :bhangra: :ninja:

This... :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest