The Student Room Group

As Level OCR A Chemistry Atomic models

Hello!
For those of you on the OCR As level chemistry course, do we need to be able to describe the different atomic models and the development of the modern atomic theory for the exam?? :smile: Thanks
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Im not on OCR but I would recommend looking at the spec to see exactly what you need to know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum
should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
I didn't really know where to post this as I only recently joined TSR. Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look at the study help section
Reply 4
Original post by frances98
Im not on OCR but I would recommend looking at the spec to see exactly what you need to know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its all a bit confusing and not very clear if we need to know it or not in the textbook. I'll have a look at the spec. Thanks for the help
Reply 5
Original post by Rolochlo
Its all a bit confusing and not very clear if we need to know it or not in the textbook. I'll have a look at the spec. Thanks for the help

I don't think you need to know them know them (If you have the same OCR Chemistry A books as me it says it on page 5 half way down the page in the examiners tip) (That being the Heinemann one), but it is probably a good idea to have some idea about it just in case.
Reply 6
Original post by ThatPerson2
I don't think you need to know them know them (If you have the same OCR Chemistry A books as me it says it on page 5 half way down the page in the examiners tip) (That being the Heinemann one), but it is probably a good idea to have some idea about it just in case.

Oh okay, cheers. The thing that made me wonder was that there is a section on atomic theory in the corresponding CGP revision guide. I suppose they just want you to have a basic understanding of it.

Quick Reply

Latest