The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
I've never played rugby but it looks a lot of fun! :tongue:

And wow 5 times a week? That's insane! I have ice hockey practice twice a week and also play roller hockey once or twice and thought that was a lot. Sorry to hear you're not managing it, can I ask how come? Is your mental health getting in the way?

Yeah, it got pretty tough over the last year... It has several reasons: uni work, demotivation, too often ill, my inability to concentrate fully after uni and for the second question, I am actualy not quite sure. (I am a bit in alert mode right now, looking I do not begin to think some things because of the wrong reasons.)

The problem is a bit, that the overall level is a bit to high for my abilities and that is pretty frustrating. And to catch up woul need to do 3 additional units probably a week, that would be 8 and that is simply too much.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Am thinking of giving my old mental health AMA thread a poke for Time to Talk Day! Good or bad idea? :ninja:

Good idea! I liked it.
Original post by Nathanielle
Good idea! I liked it.

Aww, thankies :o:
Yeah, it got pretty tough over the last year... It has several reasons: uni work, demotivation, too often ill, my inability to concentrate fully after uni and for the second question, I am actualy not quite sure. (I am a bit in alert mode right now, looking I do not begin to think some things because of the wrong reasons.)

The problem is a bit, that the overall level is a bit to high for my abilities and that is pretty frustrating. And to catch up woul need to do 3 additional units probably a week, that would be 8 and that is simply too much.

Hmm that sounds really difficult. :console: I think you're right that 8 times a week is definitely too much. Is there any other teams at a lower standard around? Maybe even if you have to travel a little?

Have you tried talking things over with your coach?
:five:

But with four times a week you do anyway probably more than I do most weeks.
Am thinking of giving my old mental health AMA thread a poke for Time to Talk Day! Good or bad idea? :ninja:

Sounds like a really good idea. :smile:
Sounds like a really good idea. :smile:

It let me rep you and Nathanielle! :eek:

The apocalypse is nigh, peeps! :horse:

:tongue:
most terrible flashcback. most pain I have esperienced since it happened, want to do awful things rightr now.
Hmm that sounds really difficult. :console: I think you're right that 8 times a week is definitely too much. Is there any other teams at a lower standard around? Maybe even if you have to travel a little?

Have you tried talking things over with your coach?

The problem is the travel would be so long, I would probably need to quit alltogether, because my university is not placed that well. And I would not see my teammates anymore (or very seldom).

I thought about it, but don't think what would come round.He has so many splendid, highly-motivated players ...
Original post by ScaryScience
most terrible flashcback. most pain I have esperienced since it happened, want to do awful things rightr now.

:jumphug:
Original post by ScaryScience

Are you safe hun? :frown: :hugs:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Very helpful with little side effects :smile:

Thank you! :smile: Glad it helped you. :hugs:
Reply 475

Good! It worked last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
:five:

:biggrin: I should be purplified tomorrow morning I think :smile:

:ahee: :congrats: :party: :woo: :yeah:

MHSS is taking over TSR! :nutcase:

Hehe next we take over the world!
The problem is the travel would be so long, I would probably need to quit alltogether, because my university is not placed that well. And I would not see my teammates anymore (or very seldom).

I thought about it, but don't think what would come round.He has so many splendid, highly-motivated players ...

Oh I see. That sounds like a really ****ty situation to be in. If it were me, I'd probably try to go to as many practices as I could and try not to care about not being as good. But I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't bother me because it definitely would. I guess it's a case of how much would it bother you?
Heh, just looked outside for the first time today and there's like a foot of snow and it's still coming down heavy. I LOVE snow! :biggrin:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
Are you safe hun? :frown: :hugs:

sort of, sort of not. just not wihth it at all :frown:

Latest