The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Don't think today has been much good for any of us, hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Still not feeling well but I'm a bit calmer/safer than I was earlier. I will tidy my room and do my lab tomorrow if it kills me :sigh: Can't keep putting it off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 621
Made a cake to cheer my boyfriend up, thought it might cheer us all up

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1423182579.535407.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 622
Original post by purple-duck
Thanks :redface: Haven't so far, but I guess if it comes up I might do. Not sure. Feeling a bit more settled with this position, I think? Not sure - with it out of my mind currently I think it's possibly best I don't ask :colondollar:

Yeah luckily there will be a couple of people who are v. good around so that should make it easier hopefully :redface: Just sorta scared/think I'm quite likely to just become someone doing the role, but not properly filling it? Just sort of someone there to do the stuff that's needed, whereas it's a leadership role sort of? Sort of. I'm just quiet though sort of/don't like telling people what to do/while I do definitely have stuff to say, quite often take more of a backseat/wait for other people first? I don't know - not all the time, but I think that that's how I'd describe myself. Maybe. But hopefully this'll help me build on that. Sorry, such a ramble! Please do ignore :yes:

More importantly, how're you doing? :hugs:

:hugs: I'm glad you're feeling more settled with it :smile: in a leadership role its not necessarily about telling people what to do more listening to everyone and taking their opinions into account which it sounds like you would be good at. Yeah it'll be a good opportunity to build on things AAAANNNDDD (fingers crossed anyway) I'll be back next year so if you ever need a chat with someone separate from things I can help with all my vast experience :tongue:

I'm up and down... a lot :s-smilie: doctors decided to change my medication again so that might help I dunno :dontknow:
Original post by PandaWho

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks so good! :drool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Panda, that is AWESOME!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ARRRRRRRRGH PRSOM :mad:

:drool:

:coma:

:teeth:
Reply 626
Haha cheers guys, got more baking to do next week :biggrin:
Got heart shaped krispy cakes planned and maybe my famous cheesecake, maybe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow that looks awesome!

stupid PRSOM *grumble*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

That looks amazing!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gosh, that's wonderful but making me hungry at the same time :drool: :tongue:
On another note can't wait till the weekend & when i start volunteering :excited: I was supposed to meet a few people but they had a change of plan sadly :sad: I'm suffocating on my own in the house most of the time (work is premature respite but I you don't exactly have much time to talk over there). However I'm still carry the hope that something really positive is right around the corner! :badger:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cute cake :smile:
Original post by Multitalented me
On another note can't wait till the weekend & when i start volunteering :excited: I was supposed to meet a few people but they had a change of plan sadly :sad: I'm suffocating on my own in the house most of the time (work is premature respite but I you don't exactly have much time to talk over there). However I'm still carry the hope that something really positive is right around the corner! :badger:

Keep fighting the good fight - things won't always be this way :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Keep fighting the good fight - things won't always be this way :hugs:
Thank you :h: I don't really post much about myself on here. I like helping others, like you do too aha :biggrin: However admittedly I can feel quite down & just go into deep thought, or let it all out, it does help me feel better afterwards though. As long as you can remain positive/have a good support base then it really can go a long way! :smile:
Original post by Multitalented me
Thank you :h: I don't really post much about myself on here. I like helping others, like you do too aha :biggrin: However admittedly I can feel quite down & just go into deep thought, or let it all out, it does help me feel better afterwards though. As long as you can remain positive/have a good support base then it really can go a long way! :smile:

It's important to express yourself as often as you like. We're here for you! So don't ever feel you're bothering us or dragging people down or anything. Helping others is all well and good but you need to engage in self-care too :h:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
It's important to express yourself as often as you like. We're here for you! So don't ever feel you're bothering us or dragging people down or anything. Helping others is all well and good but you need to engage in self-care too :h:
Awww, thanks :hugs: :tongue: & yeah I totally agree with your sentiments :smile:
Well family are now looking at moving house an hour away instead of 2 hours as they say they don't like seeing me like this, but still doesn't really help

Most of the places being 20 or 30 mins away from current GP by train or car, some an hour by train due to changes.

But I still can't see my GPs letting me stay registered, may only be 20 or 30 mins train journey which I wouldn't mind but address would still an hour away

Worrying about it all has meant since Friday I've not slept properly, an hour tops some nights none. Not ate properly as don't feel hungry. Crying until all hours. Screaming. Lashing out at objects in frustration

Never used to be this bad, worse now than before I was signed off sick for 2 months. I know its silly that I am getting myself worked up over thought of having to change GP, but thats depression in some people don't deal with change easily. Plus social anxiety doesn't help

Family said I should make an appointment with my GP, but don't see how that will help. Increasing medication dosage won't change the underlying problem
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 637
Gotta get up at 9am and im still awake fml tomorrows gonna be a **** day i know it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12

Glad things are looking up for you a bit! And joint honours sounds interesting- why philosophy out of interest? At least I think that was you.... Good about your friend, too :yep: :hugs:

Not too sure about the prescriptive hugs thing though, they're good on here but irl I'm really not a fan :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :smile: Cause I like it, I do a complimentary module on philosophy and enjoyed it enough to continue it on properly next year and 3rd year. Indeed, she's a lovely person too :h:

We could have it as an option :tongue:
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
Well family are now looking at moving house an hour away instead of 2 hours as they say they don't like seeing me like this, but still doesn't really help

Most of the places being 20 or 30 mins away from current GP by train or car, some an hour by train due to changes.

But I still can't see my GPs letting me stay registered, may only be 20 or 30 mins train journey which I wouldn't mind but address would still an hour away

Worrying about it all has meant since Friday I've not slept properly, an hour tops some nights none. Not ate properly as don't feel hungry. Crying until all hours. Screaming. Lashing out at objects in frustration

Never used to be this bad, worse now than before I was signed off sick for 2 months. I know its silly that I am getting myself worked up over thought of having to change GP, but thats depression in some people don't deal with change easily. Plus social anxiety doesn't help

Family said I should make an appointment with my GP, but don't see how that will help. Increasing medication dosage won't change the underlying problem

I would make an appointment. They might be able to give you something to help you feel calmer. It's easier to think things through and deal with them when you don't have all the anxiety spiralling in your head.
Medication doesn't change the problem, it just helps you feel okay enough to work through it (in theory, obviously mileage varies).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest