The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

bleh. haven't done any dissertation work all week and am expected to have a semi-firm question done and started the introduction by tuesday :sigh: and I've decided MH appointments are like buses, you wait forever and then several come along at once - just my luck i wait ages and ages for a psych appointment, my next CBT session and an occupational health assessment, and when they finally come through they're all on the same day at roughly the same time in different areas of town :redface:
Spoilered for bragging
Got all 2:1s and 1sts in my exams...couldn't be happier after everything that was going on!
Feel broken
Original post by lauraaaaa
Spoilered for bragging
Got all 2:1s and 1sts in my exams...couldn't be happier after everything that was going on!

So proud of you :love:

Original post by ScaryScience
Feel broken

:console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
so pissed off with myself, just woke up at 2 having slept through my alarms and missed my doctors appointment again :frown: what if they're angry at me and won't give me any more appointments because I keep missing them :s-smilie:

and ive also missed a lecture too, and I was trying not to miss any this semester.. I'm such a failure already

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 645
Arghhhhhh have a job interview and iv got to do a 15 minuet group work activity. NO idea what to do :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I once again tested my relationships theories, the conclusions which essentially came out are that women see men the same age, on an ununconscious level, as inferior, therefore date older men of higher status, and any younger man who is insecure or bitter over this rule of attraction needs to get over it.
Original post by Odd socks
so pissed off with myself, just woke up at 2 having slept through my alarms and missed my doctors appointment again :frown: what if they're angry at me and won't give me any more appointments because I keep missing them :s-smilie:

and ive also missed a lecture too, and I was trying not to miss any this semester.. I'm such a failure already

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't be hard on yourself, they're not allowed to stop you from getting doctors appointments (i've missed three and i've still got appointments). You're not a failure, you've only missed one lecture, that's one out of a whole lot more, be proud of yourself that you've been to the rest of them instead of focusing on the one you missed. If you feel that bad for missing it, have a look at the powerpoint or whatever has been put online, read that and try and find out what you've missed but I wouldn't worry about it, missing one lecture is okay!

Original post by PandaWho
Arghhhhhh have a job interview and iv got to do a 15 minuet group work activity. NO idea what to do :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck for your job interview! Is the group work activity linked to the job interview or is it a separate thing? Did you get any information in the email/phonecall you got for the interview
Reply 648
Original post by SweetNothing
Don't be hard on yourself, they're not allowed to stop you from getting doctors appointments (i've missed three and i've still got appointments). You're not a failure, you've only missed one lecture, that's one out of a whole lot more, be proud of yourself that you've been to the rest of them instead of focusing on the one you missed. If you feel that bad for missing it, have a look at the powerpoint or whatever has been put online, read that and try and find out what you've missed but I wouldn't worry about it, missing one lecture is okay!

Good luck for your job interview! Is the group work activity linked to the job interview or is it a separate thing? Did you get any information in the email/phonecall you got for the interview

Thankyou.
Its linked, got 5 or 6 young people age 14-17 and can do anything with them.
Thinking maybe the tower building game but not sure.
They get a pack of spaghetti and a pack of marshmallows and have to build the highest tower they can

Posted from TSR Mobile
so pissed off and stressed out
Thankyou.
Its linked, got 5 or 6 young people age 14-17 and can do anything with them.
Thinking maybe the tower building game but not sure.
They get a pack of spaghetti and a pack of marshmallows and have to build the highest tower they can

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds quite fun! Have a google for like activities for teenagers or something like that, there's bound to be crazy stuff on there somewhere. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by ScaryScience
so pissed off and stressed out

:hugs: what's up?
Reply 652
That sounds quite fun! Have a google for like activities for teenagers or something like that, there's bound to be crazy stuff on there somewhere. Good luck! :smile:

Atleast i know that activity.
Theres also a tower building one but with balloons, but if noone can tie a balloon that wouldnt work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Atleast i know that activity.
Theres also a tower building one but with balloons, but if noone can tie a balloon that wouldnt work

Posted from TSR Mobile

I once had a tower building thing where everyone gets a newspaper and a roll of parcel tape and you have to build the best tower (height but also stands up by itself)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 654
I once had a tower building thing where everyone gets a newspaper and a roll of parcel tape and you have to build the best tower (height but also stands up by itself)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah theres so many tower ones, my personal fave is the spaghetti and either marshmallows or jelly babies :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks lovely :frown: I need to stop being so hard on myself :/

yeah hopefully they'll put the lecture up as a PowerPoint and I can read through it, annoyed at myself for missing it though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah theres so many tower ones, my personal fave is the spaghetti and either marshmallows or jelly babies :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you said about spaghetti and marshmallows i was thinking won't that be impossible the spaghetti will be like noodles then i realised that you probably won't cook the spaghetti :colondollar:

thanks lovely :frown: I need to stop being so hard on myself :/

yeah hopefully they'll put the lecture up as a PowerPoint and I can read through it, annoyed at myself for missing it though

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's okay! It's fine we all do it occasionally! :smile: Yeah they should put the lecture up uni's usually do, and it's a normal thing to be annoyed at missing lectures and stuff but it's okay, everyone misses one, just think of the positive and you've been to so many others and you must have needed that sleep so it's fine!
Reply 657
When you said about spaghetti and marshmallows i was thinking won't that be impossible the spaghetti will be like noodles then i realised that you probably won't cook the spaghetti :colondollar:

It's okay! It's fine we all do it occasionally! :smile: Yeah they should put the lecture up uni's usually do, and it's a normal thing to be annoyed at missing lectures and stuff but it's okay, everyone misses one, just think of the positive and you've been to so many others and you must have needed that sleep so it's fine!

Yeah you use raw spaghetti :tongue:

Its a fairly cheap fun activity and gets people working as a team :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feeling good after going for a 50 min walk! just under 3 miles! :smile: first time i went out without really having to go out/ without purpose in months!
Original post by Anonymous #2
So proud of you :love:

Thank you honey bee!

Latest