The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
:hugs: I also feel lonely. :frown:

(good (well not really but hopefully you understand the sentiment) to see you back btw :smile: )

:hugs:

yeah, been too busy with college work so rarely am able to post as im so paranoid that i wont get it done in time for the 24th and 25th :s-smilie: going to see if i can get one extended though as its going to be tricky :/
Original post by Anonymous #2
Yeah, it's the balance between self care and pushing myself that I find hard. Whenever I'm kind to myself I think I'm lazy but whenever I push myself it makes me feel worse. When I write stuff down in my diary I just write what's been happening and how I've been feeling but when I read it back it doesn't feel like it's me, like I've made it all up or something. You didn't need to know any of that, sorry :colondollar: :redface:

Hope you're ok :hugs: The MHSS blanket fort is still under construction :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, kind of have the same problem- more physically than mentally but still :s-smilie: You're not lazy though, you're ill! Not sure what to say about diary but I guess if it helps to have written it down in the first place then that's good, even if it feels odd reading it back afterwards? Don't know, confusing myself now :colondollar: Don't apologise though!

Original post by Pathway
so dissociated

:jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just not sure what to do? I hope you're ok
Original post by Jay018

yeah, been too busy with college work so rarely am able to post as im so paranoid that i wont get it done in time for the 24th and 25th :s-smilie: going to see if i can get one extended though as its going to be tricky :/

Oh good luck with that man. :smile: Hopefully they'll give you an extension without any fuss There's no way I would have finished uni without all the extensions, they can be invaluable.
Original post by Sabertooth
Oh good luck with that man. :smile: Hopefully they'll give you an extension without any fuss There's no way I would have finished uni without all the extensions, they can be invaluable.

Thanks dude/tte. Yeah, and with it being my tutor as well he should as he understands my situation (also a dyslexic). the main issue is having to do a butt load of research and reference that crap gahh. hate it.

just need to do so much but seemingly have too little time to do it all. have a number of things to get done for uni in sept. plus have other things to worry about too :/
Original post by furryface12
Yeah, kind of have the same problem- more physically than mentally but still :s-smilie: You're not lazy though, you're ill! Not sure what to say about diary but I guess if it helps to have written it down in the first place then that's good, even if it feels odd reading it back afterwards? Don't know, confusing myself now :colondollar: Don't apologise though!

:jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even I'm confused at myself so I can't blame you for being confused as well :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway
Just not sure what to do? I hope you're ok

Can PM me if you want/think it'd help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can PM me if you want/think it'd help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feelike a burden but thank you
Original post by Anonymous #2
Even I'm confused at myself so I can't blame you for being confused as well :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm easily confused, sorry :redface:

Original post by Pathway
Feelike a burden but thank you

You're not a burden at all, I wouldn't offer if you were! If it would help then do it :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm easily confused, sorry :redface:

You're not a burden at all, I wouldn't offer if you were! If it would help then do it :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 831
I want to sleep wahhhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
I want to sleep wahhhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. In less than 3hrs I have to be up for work!
Trying to concentrate on getting this essay done but mind is conflicted and especially at this time of night...feeling sad and distracted now >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Hm, one question: When somebody dies, how to you console their relative in English? Can you say "I feel sorry for you." or " You have my deepest sympathy."? I tried to translate directly, but it doesn't work that well.
Original post by Nathanielle
Hm, one question: When somebody dies, how to you console their relative in English? Can you say "I feel sorry for you." or " You have my deepest sympathy."? I tried to translate directly, but it doesn't work that well.

I'd go for the 'deepest sympathy'. :smile:
Original post by superwolf
I'd go for the 'deepest sympathy'. :smile:

Thanks. It is weired, if you have the feeling you can articulate yourself in a foreign language and then you fail in such basic things. (I mean, like looking things up in the dictonary and having half of the translations being absurd for your purpose.)
I'm just gonna hide in here for the day. Everything went downhill fast. Can't even get help and gf doesn't know. She thinks it's clingy mopey hormones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nathanielle
Thanks. It is weired, if you have the feeling you can articulate yourself in a foreign language and then you fail in such basic things. (I mean, like looking things up in the dictonary and having half of the translations being absurd for your purpose.)

Yeah, happens to the best of us! :tongue: And I wouldn't call it a failure, as you were able to articulate yourself, it's just obviously when someone's grieving you don't want to be fumbling for words as much, so checking what to say was the more sensitive thing to do. :smile:

Latest