The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

who has an interview this Tuesday? Im so nervy about the ethics Q (and the rest of the interview tbh).. haha
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1761
Original post by Ambitions
who has an interview this Tuesday? Im so nervy about the ethics Q (and the rest of the interview tbh).. haha

Just make sure your nerves don't screw up your answers :smile:
any1 got any tips for the interview?
Original post by Master219
any1 got any tips for the interview?

I am sure everyone who you've asked has told you this before but I'll say it again: Just try to stay calm. :tongue: Most panels are meant to be really friendly and relaxed apparently and the fact that you've got to interview stage (which is by far the hardest bit) means that you should have confidence in yourself.

When answering questions, stay relaxed and take your time. At all my interviews so far, I didn't answer the first question as well as I should have because I was slightly nervous but I don't think that matters - just don't dwell on your previous answers too much. At one of my interviews before Imperial, I thought I answered a question decently and thought to myself "Yeah, good stuff, see you can do it etc. etc. " and then because I was dwelling on that, I didn't hear what the man asked me next :facepalm:

Make sure you know your PS inside out too.

When is your interview again? Good luck. :biggrin:
Original post by usycool1
I am sure everyone who you've asked has told you this before but I'll say it again: Just try to stay calm. :tongue: Most panels are meant to be really friendly and relaxed apparently and the fact that you've got to interview stage (which is by far the hardest bit) means that you should have confidence in yourself.

When answering questions, stay relaxed and take your time. At all my interviews so far, I didn't answer the first question as well as I should have because I was slightly nervous but I don't think that matters - just don't dwell on your previous answers too much. At one of my interviews before Imperial, I thought I answered a question decently and thought to myself "Yeah, good stuff, see you can do it etc. etc. " and then because I was dwelling on that, I didn't hear what the man asked me next :facepalm:

Make sure you know your PS inside out too.

When is your interview again? Good luck. :biggrin:

thanks! :smile:

dont worry, haha. yh will try to not do that lol

will do. its on 3rd march (still a while away...)
thanks!!
Original post by usycool1

At one of my interviews before Imperial, I thought I answered a question decently and thought to myself "Yeah, good stuff, see you can do it etc. etc. " and then because I was dwelling on that, I didn't hear what the man asked me next :facepalm:

Looool this!
I always do this after I say something, and then zone out!
"Yh good job man, good job...wait what did he say again?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1766
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
Looool this!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it's kinda embarrassing but at least you can ask them to repeat the question and make sure you listen to that, they shouldn't mark you down for that if it only happens once or twice
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone here who was interviewed on wednesday 4th feb ??
Looool this!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd rather do that!!

instead as I enter the interview room I'm like
"oh crap this is arguably the most important 15 mins of my life so far... my life is gonna end if i muck this up"
*meanwhile interviewer asks questions*
"if i muck up thats it its over.....i wonder what will happen if i just don't answer this question right now"

SUCH A BAD MINDSET, HOPING THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO ME
Looool this!

Posted from TSR Mobile

tomorrow, that is
Reply 1770
Hi Everyone

Just had my interview yesterday. Came out of it feeling it went okay/a little good. The interviewers were very nice to talk to and so I wasn't actually nervous at all and answered the questions quite calmly.
But when I think about it now there are so many places where's my answers weren't the best.
For my first question I think I kept going on for too long so they sort off stopped me. Then for one of the other questions I didn't know the particular thing they were talking about so I told them politely that I didn't know but there was something else that I did know and instead they offered to listen to that. And my final question I sort of went off topic and on a tangent which they actually told me was the case nicely. And they altered the question slightly and seemed a bit happier with my response to the new question.
I have mixed feelings at the moment. The rest of the interview was fine. I handled all those situations by smiling and being calm. Anybody else have a similar experience. For those who are going to have an interview its a very nice interview and just know your personal statement.
Did anybody else have a similar experience at the interview and still get an offer?
I'm really worried:frown:, I desperately want to go to imperial!!
Reply 1771
Original post by SSJ96
Hi Everyone

Just had my interview yesterday. Came out of it feeling it went okay/a little good. The interviewers were very nice to talk to and so I wasn't actually nervous at all and answered the questions quite calmly.
But when I think about it now there are so many places where's my answers weren't the best.
For my first question I think I kept going on for too long so they sort off stopped me. Then for one of the other questions I didn't know the particular thing they were talking about so I told them politely that I didn't know but there was something else that I did know and instead they offered to listen to that. And my final question I sort of went off topic and on a tangent which they actually told me was the case nicely. And they altered the question slightly and seemed a bit happier with my response to the new question.
I have mixed feelings at the moment. The rest of the interview was fine. I handled all those situations by smiling and being calm. Anybody else have a similar experience. For those who are going to have an interview its a very nice interview and just know your personal statement.
Did anybody else have a similar experience at the interview and still get an offer?
I'm really worried:frown:, I desperately want to go to imperial!!

mine was quite similar in the sense i came out feeling it was quite ok and maybe even good.. then i realised i didn't answer a question properly and that i barely mentioned team work and leadership.. yet here i am an offer holder.. it was the first question though and i do believe the rest of my interview was pretty good and they did tell me that it was lovely chatting with me.. so u can never really know.. but there is still hope.. :smile:
Reply 1772
Original post by YvT1
mine was quite similar in the sense i came out feeling it was quite ok and maybe even good.. then i realised i didn't answer a question properly and that i barely mentioned team work and leadership.. yet here i am an offer holder.. it was the first question though and i do believe the rest of my interview was pretty good and they did tell me that it was lovely chatting with me.. so u can never really know.. but there is still hope.. :smile:

Yeah that was very similar to how my interview was. I probably overdid it in my first question, but the majority of it was ok. Just 1 question inbetween where they were probably expecting me to know something, but later didn't worry too much about and the last question.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the next few weeks and hope the interview was ok.:smile:
Plus, I already have the very infectious disease of repeatedly checking my ucas track.
Thanks for all the help.
(edited 9 years ago)
I was just wondering, if Imperial were to give someone an interview offer, would it come through email or Track?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MattE2709
I was just wondering, if Imperial were to give someone an interview offer, would it come through email or Track?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They send interview invites via email. Offers then come through Track :yy:
Reply 1775
to anyone who had interviews on the 3rd of feb quick go check your UCAS track!!! just checked and I got an OFFER!!!! omg so excited i can't breathe ☺️☺️☺️☺️ (i'm an intl applicant by the way)

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is the interview structured? Like how many interviewers are there; do they all sit around a table or is it quite casual idk idk ;(
Original post by sweetlemon
How is the interview structured? Like how many interviewers are there; do they all sit around a table or is it quite casual idk idk ;(

It's a panel interview and most panels are quite friendly. I had 5 people on the panel (with one just observing) but other's may have 4.
Guys, I had my interview on the 27th (International) and haven't heard back yet. Someone who had an interview on the 3rd heard back (also international). Idk what to do. Is there anyone else with a similar situation or am I the only one?
Reply 1779
Original post by eurey
to anyone who had interviews on the 3rd of feb quick go check your UCAS track!!! just checked and I got an OFFER!!!! omg so excited i can't breathe ☺️☺️☺️☺️ (i'm an intl applicant by the way)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!!!!! :smile:
Looks like they give them out 7-8 days after interview now. Are you going to firm?
It might have come through ucas track late last night.
If you don't mind me asking, how did you feel your interview went? I just had my interview on the 10th and am waiting nervously now. More nervous now than I was at the interview lol. I thought it went okay at first but have mixed feelings about it now.
Anyway, Congrats

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending