The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IDukem
I understand what you're saying, but it's not quite as black and white. I'll just see how things transition to be honest, whether I want to adapt/alter some aspects of my personality or not, it's hard to do so over night! Not impossible, but hard nonetheless :smile:

Although I'm starting to fell like "screw them, this is who I am and that's that" buuuut I don't know. It could be me over-analysing things :redface:

Thank you anyways :hugs:

I feel like I didn't really get my point across very well there (in fact kind of not really sure what my point actually was :redface:), sorry! But either way, do what you think you'll be happy with, although it's not easy as you say. Hope you're ok :hugs:

Original post by Anonymous #2

Spoiler

-----------------

Talking of tattoos, I've been lusting after one for about 2 years :colondollar: I'd love a sleeve but I look really young so I can imagine people looking at me like '...why has that 14 year old got a sleeve?' :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by Jay018
Well im feeling happy today! Yay, college went so much better than i thought. My presentation went really went, so much better than i thought it would. yes i need to improve but it was just a mock and so i have 2 weeks to amend and fix a script to go by as i was doing it off the cuff. And then my ALS session was kick ass, made a kick ass intro to my history and so am more coherent and less wordy! learnt how to you apostrophes as well... :biggrin:

Glad you're feeling a bit better about things!

--------
Kind of tired and confused and not too sure what's going on, really really low and don't know what to do with myself. Want to go for a walk but kind of wary of that after the other night :s-smilie:
Original post by furryface12
I feel like I didn't really get my point across very well there (in fact kind of not really sure what my point actually was :redface:), sorry! But either way, do what you think you'll be happy with, although it's not easy as you say. Hope you're ok :hugs:

Spoiler

Glad you're feeling a bit better about things!

--------
Kind of tired and confused and not too sure what's going on, really really low and don't know what to do with myself. Want to go for a walk but kind of wary of that after the other night :s-smilie:

Yeah, i am too. with all the help and advice i have been given feeling confident that i can do well. i went through it with my ALS tutor to touch up and make sure it was good. so hoping i can incorporate it into the rest of the essay. But i will be seeing her after HT to make sure things are correct with it. Oh and i got an extension on it due to my history tutor being away over the hols! :smile: things are starting to look positive, just wish i had been able to get this help before now. Ah well better later than never!

--------
Sorry to hear this, all i can say is keep yourself safe. But i understand about walking after dark, i even dont like the 10 min walk from the station home and its down quite a busy road! Hope you sort things out soon :hugs:

Here if you want me :console: Pleaaaase stay safe :sadnod:
I've been discharged from hospital and today I feel worse than when I was admitted in the first place. I do not trust myself right now, but I don't want to go back.. and I don't want to be here feeling like this. I have no options. The only thing I can do

Spoiler

Original post by Jay018
Yeah, i am too. with all the help and advice i have been given feeling confident that i can do well. i went through it with my ALS tutor to touch up and make sure it was good. so hoping i can incorporate it into the rest of the essay. But i will be seeing her after HT to make sure things are correct with it. Oh and i got an extension on it due to my history tutor being away over the hols! :smile: things are starting to look positive, just wish i had been able to get this help before now. Ah well better later than never!

--------
Sorry to hear this, all i can say is keep yourself safe. But i understand about walking after dark, i even dont like the 10 min walk from the station home and its down quite a busy road! Hope you sort things out soon :hugs:

Good, to all of it! And definitely better late than never, and it's early enough that you can do something about it too.

Normally don't mind walking in the dark but still :s-smilie: Thanks :hugs:

Original post by Anonymous #2
Here if you want me :console: Pleaaaase stay safe :sadnod:

Might PM you in a bit maybe? I'm trying.
more talk of mental health on 24 hours in A&E tonight, not graphic like last week but could be upsetting to anyone who's spent time in hospital

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good, to all of it! And definitely better late than never, and it's early enough that you can do something about it too.

Normally don't mind walking in the dark but still :s-smilie: Thanks :hugs:

Yeah, am going to be getting a proper dyslexia assessment soon so will be able to get extra help at uni next year if its positive, which is more than likely to be the case, or i can just apply with another health condition that is the cause of my dyslexia :P

Fair enough. i dont like it mainly because i dont live in a brill area of london... not a problem any time :smile: :hugs:

No you did, it's just confusing on my end which in turn makes things more complicated. Yeah...I've said it a few times before, but perhaps I should be a little more selfish and not really care about peoples opinions on me a little more :redface: Thank you for helping :hugs:
Original post by Odd socks
more talk of mental health on 24 hours in A&E tonight, not graphic like last week but could be upsetting to anyone who's spent time in hospital

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm, love watching the show, but hate the effects after. dont know why i watch it, i guess for nostalgias sake... (spent a month there for unrelated reasons)

Go for it :console: :console:
Emailed DofE lady - I hate emails :s-smilie: Like I spend so long thinking about it/putting them off, and then quick "tapper tapper type" and it's written, another tap and it's sent!

Scared that she won't know what to do/that now it's gone off to the region that that's that. :s-smilie: I didn't even ask for it to be sent off :frown:

Procrastinated a lot in library, but it's a start I guess :s-smilie: Went to wellbeing drop-in today, and decided with her I'm going to allocate one hour every single day to go to the library to get some work done - thinking I'll do it whenever I plan to go home? So I finish with stuff, then I *would* get the bus home, but instead going to go to library, *then* home an hour later. Hopefully will work :s-smilie:

She commented that the times she's seen me, I seem to be preoccupied with what I *should* do in a situation/what I *should* have done, and just kinda odd someone saying that/pointing it out - I think I probably do sometimes get preoccupied with that/maybe that's why decisions are so rubbish for me :s-smilie: trying to figure out what I *should* do in a situation/what's the definite best thing to do, rather than just deciding :dontknow: Like I *should* be efficient with money, so I spend weeks deciding what to buy/from where.

Also decided with her to send the above email ^^ and also to read through some workshop/notes thing on "Assertiveness" so will give that a read when I can.

She was so nice though - just so nice to be able to talk to someone openly/just ramble what your problems are atm, and to go through them/think of practical stuff to try and help with them? Need to remember to go more often. Don't want to go *too* often, but tempted to maybe go fortnightly or something.

Just realised there's no group this week :/ oh well :frown:

but anyway...... Sorry for this massive ramble :colondollar: Just about to watch some of the 2nd Hobbit Extended edition with my dinner - got it for christmas but not watched yet :eek:

Hope everyone's okay, will reply to folks in a bit/after dinner :hugs:

edit: starts eating... is cold now :unimpressed: :colondollar: :facepalm:
(edited 9 years ago)
Jesus soooo many red pill trolls in Relationships tonight :frown: if this carries on I'll have to seek advice on Reddit or some safer forum. I have a feeling TSR is full of some really nasty people
Well, today was a mixed day.

Went to my GP appointment, chose someone with an interest in MH and she was fantastic, she said she's going to talk with student support to hopefully get my DSA updated to include MH issues, and she also said to come back and see her again in 2 weeks time. Doesn't matter if I start the fluoxetine, or not - still in two minds about this. But she was awesome. Really helpful. She also was really mad at what the psychiatrist at the CMHT appointment said, and didn't really agree with anything apart from the medication suggestion.

Got an 82 on my exam, so that's good, but I feel bad for some reason so haven't told my mum. :s-smilie:

Been "losing time" the last few hours so, kinda worried, not sure what really triggered that off. :dontknow: Not sure if I can keep safe, but I don't want to kick up a fuss.

Hope everyone is ok, sorry I've not been around. :hugs: to all that want/need them. x
Has anyone here ever felt suicidal due to worries, but you know you're not in danger of actually doing anything daft due to not being that brave? So you just cry and stuff

I'm at that stage at the moment and it is scary. Don't think family really get how I'm feeling

Went to doctors today due to lack of sleep and got some tablets to hopefully help with that. He did ask if I had any "plans" to which I honestly answered no. But too scared to say anything else as don't want locking away

He has said he will see me every 2-3 weekd for the time being
Going away next month with my boyfriend proper excited as well have money to do things AND i get to see my mummy :biggrin:
Deffinately lifted my mood!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't cope with uni work at the moment and I feel like crying because of it. :frown: Feel like a failure.
Original post by PandaWho
Going away next month with my boyfriend proper excited as well have money to do things AND i get to see my mummy :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really happy for you :smile: Nice to see others getting a bit of lift from life, you deserve it.
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
Really happy for you :smile: Nice to see others getting a bit of lift from life, you deserve it.

Thankyou, i love the city and cant wait to emerse myself in its culture and history! Gonna have a girly weekend with my mum while my boyfriends at the green party conference and tattoos :biggrin: :party:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good to hear :smile: what are you planning on doing?

Original post by Pathway
Can't cope with uni work at the moment and I feel like crying because of it. :frown: Feel like a failure.

Nothing wrong with a good cry :console: Uni work has a way of getting to you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just trying to get through my night shift, nearly half way now :tongue: Think im coping better now that I've been here a few times, so i hope that continues!
Original post by Meaty_man

Nothing wrong with a good cry :console: Uni work has a way of getting to you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just trying to get through my night shift, nearly half way now :tongue: Think im coping better now that I've been here a few times, so i hope that continues!

Just not sure how to deal with everything anymore, have no motivation. :s-smilie: Got 5ish modules worth of reading to do/catch up on. Ugh. :frown:

I'm glad to hear you're coping better! It's always good when you've found something that "works" - hope the rest of the night is good. :hugs:

Latest