Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superwolf
Bouncy castle bouncy castle bouncy castle! :nutcase:

And thanks. :smile:

my mum wants a bouncy castle for her 40th this year :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well after the week from hell last week and seriously not wanting to ever wake up. Today and yesterday has been more positive already. Maybe the Sertraline is finally working its magic!

However I still have no motivation to actually do uni work, I can just about get through the day but the anxiety of all the work and not doing well makes it worse so it's all just piling up :/
anybody ever been on quetiapine PRN? psych prescribed me 25mg to take when i feel "agitated" but ive never heard of people taking it PRN at such a low dose for a non-psychotic illness :s
Original post by Team_McDreamy
anybody ever been on quetiapine PRN? psych prescribed me 25mg to take when i feel "agitated" but ive never heard of people taking it PRN at such a low dose for a non-psychotic illness :s

I have not taken quetiapine prn but I did used to take stelazine to "take the edge off" so I guess it's not that uncommon. Low doses of quetiapine are often used to help people with insomnia so I guess if you were agitated it might help.
Original post by Sabertooth
I have not taken quetiapine prn but I did used to take stelazine to "take the edge off" so I guess it's not that uncommon. Low doses of quetiapine are often used to help people with insomnia so I guess if you were agitated it might help.

thats the thing though, my main thing atm is hypersomnia, which i made clear to the psych, and i also told him that when i feel really really bad i disappear into my head, so i cant see how that fits with agitation?
I GOT A JOB INTERVIEW :woo: :woo: :woo:

WOOOOOOO! :woo: Well done!
Original post by lauraaaaa
So ****ing broken today. I can't cope.

Here if you want me :hugs:

----------------

Bit of a TW bullying and food

Spoiler

Bit moany/ranty, sorry :redface:
thats the thing though, my main thing atm is hypersomnia, which i made clear to the psych, and i also told him that when i feel really really bad i disappear into my head, so i cant see how that fits with agitation?

Oh right. Yeah that is fairly odd then. :beard: I'd probably give it a try anyway and maybe it might help, you could always tell him at your next appointment if it doesn't.
Original post by Meaty_man
I hope my nerves improve soon in regards to going to work, im not 100% confident in my abilities yet, i just want to settle in and be able to buckle down already! Caring for elderly people with dementia and other problems can be really exhausting...i hope i'm cut out for this. Will probably post a bit this evening, on my night shift when things are quiet :d

I had similar thoughts with my volunteering (primarily elderly patients, some with dementia), but your confidence will grow alright. :smile: You've just got to have patience with people and yourself.

Original post by Anonymous #2

----------------

Spoiler

Thanks! :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by Sabertooth
Oh wow! I read a really interesting article about avatar therapy, from what I remember it helped everyone who did it albeit to varying degrees. That's really awesome you get to try it. (sorry this isn't helpful)

Original post by Odd socks
wow I just read up on this, looks really interesting! Hopefully it helps you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks guys, if I muster up the courage to go through with it I might make a thread or something about it if people are interested. Also any other voice hearers who live in/around London, it might be worth seeing if you can get your Care Co-ordinator to refer you to it if it's something you wanna do :biggrin:
I had similar thoughts with my volunteering (primarily elderly patients, some with dementia), but your confidence will grow alright. :smile: You've just got to have patience with people and yourself.

Thanks! :biggrin:

Spoiler

Thanks again, like I said, I thought it was normal :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2

----------------

Spoiler

Spoiler

x

Somehow managed to miss your post earlier but well done!!
Not gonna lie, starting to get a bit depressed over my lack of self-confidence :sad: It's killing me inside, gah :redface:
Original post by furryface12

Spoiler

Somehow managed to miss your post earlier but well done!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really need to listen to imagine dragons more often. they have a new album out and its sooo good :smile:

:rock:

music helps my mood lift - which is why im posting this.
Original post by Multitalented me
Not gonna lie, starting to get a bit depressed over my lack of self-confidence :sad: It's killing me inside, gah :redface:

:jumphug:

Spoiler

Just figured out that I've missed 5 lectures (including one today) which means I have about 10 hours of work to catch up on, it's so daunting. I mean I know it could be worse, but I still feel so guilty for missing them - I hate missing things it makes me feel like a failure. Didn't go to my second one today (the one at 1pm), because I had a really ****ty flash back, and then I dissociated to the point where I "lost time" again. Not really sure how to deal with this when I don't even know what the trigger was. :dontknow: Gah, so annoying. Should probably try and catch up on work now. :redface:

:hugs: to all who want/need them!
Original post by furryface12
:jumphug:

Thanks a bunch :hat2: It's a shame how hindering it can be socially though but I'm trying my best to work on it! :smile:

I used to be on it PRN. It worked quite well for agitation and helped calm me down. Apparently it's becoming more common to be prescribed PRN.
(edited 9 years ago)
Really really freaking out about the dietition on thursday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway
Just figured out that I've missed 5 lectures (including one today) which means I have about 10 hours of work to catch up on, it's so daunting. I mean I know it could be worse, but I still feel so guilty for missing them - I hate missing things it makes me feel like a failure. Didn't go to my second one today (the one at 1pm), because I had a really ****ty flash back, and then I dissociated to the point where I "lost time" again. Not really sure how to deal with this when I don't even know what the trigger was. :dontknow: Gah, so annoying. Should probably try and catch up on work now. :redface:

:hugs: to all who want/need them!

:jumphug: Here if you want me? Sounds ridiculous but try not to worry about uni too much if you can, your health is more important :hugs:

Original post by Multitalented me
Thanks a bunch :hat2: It's a shame how hindering it can be socially though but I'm trying my best to work on it! :smile:

Yeah, social stuff is hard :redface: Good that you're trying to work on it though, you'll get there! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest