The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1900
Original post by liass
It was really weird... The atmosphere was quite hostile and I got asked so many questions! But then the medical student complimented me in the end which I found a bit weird. They said "you'll hear in 2 weeks" which made me a bit worried as everyone else on here hears after about a week

it is standard for them to say the 2 weeks.. so no need to worry about that.. and from my experience if they compliment you, you got in..!! :smile: be positive.. i remember being so disappointed after the interview because i wa over analysing everything and felt i could have done better and so on.. it turned out to be fine..!!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by liass
It was really weird... The atmosphere was quite hostile and I got asked so many questions! But then the medical student complimented me in the end which I found a bit weird. They said "you'll hear in 2 weeks" which made me a bit worried as everyone else on here hears after about a week

I really hope so! It felt so hostile though... They asked me really hard questions and a lot of questions as well. I really want an offer, Imperial is my top choice :frown:

I had a really long interview and I disagree with the week thing
They made the 6/7 Jan lot wait the full 14 days
Original post by usycool1
I've not, no. Will probably set it up properly after I can set up my bank account now though. You?

No I'm going to tomorrow
Reply 1903
Original post by Futuremedic2096
I had a really long interview and I disagree with the week thing
They made the 6/7 Jan lot wait the full 14 days

How long was your interview?

Original post by YvT1
it is standard for them to say the 2 weeks.. so no need to worry about that.. and from my experience if they compliment you, you got in..!! :smile: be positive.. i remember being so disappointed after the interview because i wa over analysing everything and felt i could have done better and so on.. it turned out to be fine..!!

It was actually the medic student that complimented me on my panel, he said I am "clearly a very well rounded person" so idk if that really counts or not. Thank you though! Hope mine turns out to be fine as well :s-smilie:

Original post by usycool1
Don't worry, they laughed at me and made some sarcastic remarks but again it was fine. :tongue: As long as you stayed calm though and answered the best you could, it should be fine. :smile:

Dont think I answered the first question very well, but the rest seemed fine. There werent any sarcastic remarks but the woman in front of me kept smirking at me. They did smile at the end...idk Im probably overanalysing (probably=definitely).

Thank you guys, I certainly feel a lot better now :smile:
Reply 1904
Original post by liass

It was actually the medic student that complimented me on my panel, he said I am "clearly a very well rounded person" so idk if that really counts or not. Thank you though! Hope mine turns out to be fine as well :s-smilie:

Dont think I answered the first question very well, but the rest seemed fine. There werent any sarcastic remarks but the woman in front of me kept smirking at me. They did smile at the end...idk Im probably overanalysing (probably=definitely).

btw i noticed that impy was your first choice even before cambridge made you an offer for deferred entry.. that's quite unusual i have to admit.. but you are so determined that i believe you will get it.. try not to think about it though.. i know it's hard.. i couldn't do that very well myself but it's the best thing.. you'll know very soon :biggrin:
Original post by liass

I don't have an exact time but I think about fourty or so minutes
Oh what did this woman look like? I think we might of been on mine
Reply 1906
Original post by YvT1
btw i noticed that impy was your first choice even before cambridge made you an offer for deferred entry.. that's quite unusual i have to admit.. but you are so determined that i believe you will get it.. try not to think about it though.. i know it's hard.. i couldn't do that very well myself but it's the best thing.. you'll know very soon :biggrin:

Yeah been wanting to go to Imperial for about 2-3 years now! Thank you, i really hope so. Tbf I couldnt sleep after my UCL interview I thought it went so badly, but got an offer 10 days later. Hoping that will happen with Imperial :colondollar:

I don't have an exact time but I think about fourty or so minutes
Oh what did this woman look like? I think we might of been on mine

Oh wow, thats really long! You're probably going to be down for a scholarship or something though. Mine was 20 minutes- so not overly long like yours but not short like everyone elses thogu
Just to let everyone know I phoned up student finance, they told me that imperial has yet to update their course database for medicine. After phoning imperial about the issue they said I should send them an email (bad reception apparently) so I think it should be solved pretty soon.

Lol I got worried at one point an wondered if imperial never really did medicine
Original post by liass
Yeah been wanting to go to Imperial for about 2-3 years now! Thank you, i really hope so. Tbf I couldnt sleep after my UCL interview I thought it went so badly, but got an offer 10 days later. Hoping that will happen with Imperial :colondollar:

Oh wow, thats really long! You're probably going to be down for a scholarship or something though. Mine was 20 minutes- so not overly long like yours but not short like everyone elses thogu

I don't think so I'm nothing special
Try not to worry, were you interviewed today?
Original post by Cosmocos
Just to let everyone know I phoned up student finance, they told me that imperial has yet to update their course database for medicine. After phoning imperial about the issue they said I should send them an email (bad reception apparently) so I think it should be solved pretty soon.

Lol I got worried at one point an wondered if imperial never really did medicine

Wonderful
thanks
I intend to ring them tomorrow too
Reply 1910
I don't think so I'm nothing special
Try not to worry, were you interviewed today?

Yeah today at 4.30, even though my interview was meant to be at 4. Ugh I dont know, everyone else was saying how chilled theirs was and mine was really intense and they asked really hard questions. They weren't really critical or anything and they didnt insult me or make sarcastic comments, they just probed me really hard and kept on asking me questions
Original post by liass
Yeah today at 4.30, even though my interview was meant to be at 4. Ugh I dont know, everyone else was saying how chilled theirs was and mine was really intense and they asked really hard questions. They weren't really critical or anything and they didnt insult me or make sarcastic comments, they just probed me really hard and kept on asking me questions

Mine wasn't relaxed either just not odd ball questions
best of luck
Guys I had my interview on the 11th and still haven't heard back. When do you think I should hear back by? Should I start worrying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1913
Mine wasn't relaxed either just not odd ball questions
best of luck

They weren't massively weird, they were all about medicine but I felt there wasn't much I could say in response to them and they were quite strange medicine/work experience related questions. I also found it weird that they asked me about my non-science GCSE subjects. Ah well, nothing I can do about it now.
Thank you! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by yasminhmi
Guys I had my interview on the 11th and still haven't heard back. When do you think I should hear back by? Should I start worrying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the same boat. Anyone else?
Reply 1915
Original post by lemon_meringue1
I'm in the same boat. Anyone else?

Me too!
Original post by Krazhy
SO. Who's got their DBS form and offer letter yet?

not yet...... I got an update on uCAS track only..
Ok I have my interview on wednesday and I am panicking SO MUCH.

Any ideas on hoe to calm down..? And do they ask you questions regarding your sort of knowledge of biology?? And did anyone get quizzed on recent medical related articles rather than given a scenario and asked to elaborate on their opinion?

Sorry to sound repetitive and thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1918
Original post by sweetlemon

Any ideas on hoe to calm down..? And do they ask you questions regarding your sort of knowledge of biology?? And did anyone get quizzed on recent medical related articles rather than given a scenario and asked to elaborate on their opinion?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No stop worrying! My interview was really nice, no science questions or anything and they are trying to see if you are a well rounded person so just be natural and I'm sure you'll be fine, its only about ten muinetes long so they dont really have time for much more. Also they pretty much list the questions they will ask on their website so make sure you have an example of how you have worked well in a team and cope with stress etc..
Original post by sweetlemon

Posted from TSR Mobile

The easiest interview you will have, with expected questions.

I reckon people who get rejected after interview are those who just bottle the interview. If you have any confidence, you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending