This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Will do so in the morning :redface:

No worries, thanks for the hugs :frown:

Good :yep:
Though i cant talk much, missed my dietitian AND drs appointments this week :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
I'm still working out the most tactful way of doing it.

Yeah, I guess it'll be a bit difficult/awkward whichever way :/
I just took an online test and I might have autism ... does anyone know anything about autism - all I know is that most maths olympiads have it and I'm not really very good at maths even though I do enjoy it. :confused:
Original post by Paladian
I just took an online test and I might have autism ... does anyone know anything about autism - all I know is that most maths olympiads have it and I'm not really very good at maths even though I do enjoy it. :confused:

Never trust an online test.

And not all maths geeks are on the autistic spectrum, and not all autistic people like maths.

the autistic spectrum covers a massive wide range of people, some high functioning "normal" people, down to some people that cant/wont talk, are wheelchair bound and generally cant do much. So i really wouldnt worry, if you are concerned though, perhaps speak to someone at school or uni or maybe ask your dr how you can get tested properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Never trust an online test.

And not all maths geeks are on the autistic spectrum, and not all autistic people like maths.

the autistic spectrum covers a massive wide range of people, some high functioning "normal" people, down to some people that cant/wont talk, are wheelchair bound and generally cant do much. So i really wouldnt worry, if you are concerned though, perhaps speak to someone at school or uni or maybe ask your dr how you can get tested properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thing is I'm already mentally ill so I think it has something to do with it. I mean I might not have autism and just show signs of it because of my mental state.
The thing is I'm already mentally ill so I think it has something to do with it. I mean I might not have autism and just show signs of it because of my mental state.

What is saying "im autistic"? Like what traits do you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
What is saying "im autistic"? Like what traits do you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm very anti - social, I'm pretty much reclusive, I don't like meeting new people, I don't know how to deal with new situations - I don't know really I just scored high on the test.
The test said people with autism always score above 30 - I scored 36.
I'm not sure really.
I feel completely rubbish :frown: Also got a uni interview and I just can't seem to make myself care, I'd actually rather be stupidly anxious as at least then I feel like it's maybe justified- as it is just worried because I'm not worried and haven't done anything for it and urgh :s-smilie:

Hope people are ok :grouphugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

well for one as Panda said it's never wise to trust an online test alone, but if you are concerned then ask your GP as they can arrange a test :smile: also the autistic spectrum is quite wide, a lot of the people you are thinking of will be at one end of the scale, you can easily be on the spectrum without having those exact traits, I have mild aspergers myself, but I am not great at maths (im okay at it but not at the level of the people you are thinking of).

Original post by furryface12
I feel completely rubbish :frown: Also got a uni interview and I just can't seem to make myself care, I'd actually rather be stupidly anxious as at least then I feel like it's maybe justified- as it is just worried because I'm not worried and haven't done anything for it and urgh :s-smilie:

Hope people are ok :grouphugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: hope you're gonna be okay, good luck with your interview! can you get some help preparing for it maybe?

im okay, sleep has been as meh as ever, mood is okay, glad my girlfriend is back after her being away for a week, got quite lonely/down without her here! going to my mums for lunch on Sunday which should be good, gonna watch the rugby there as well. for now im awake so watching the new series of House of Cards on Netflix! :smile:
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
well for one as Panda said it's never wise to trust an online test alone, but if you are concerned then ask your GP as they can arrange a test :smile: also the autistic spectrum is quite wide, a lot of the people you are thinking of will be at one end of the scale, you can easily be on the spectrum without having those exact traits, I have mild aspergers myself, but I am not great at maths (im okay at it but not at the level of the people you are thinking of).

:console: hope you're gonna be okay, good luck with your interview! can you get some help preparing for it maybe?

im okay, sleep has been as meh as ever, mood is okay, glad my girlfriend is back after her being away for a week, got quite lonely/down without her here! going to my mums for lunch on Sunday which should be good, gonna watch the rugby there as well. for now im awake so watching the new series of House of Cards on Netflix! :smile:

Thanks :redface: Might try and read through something on the train up there, or I could just sleep... It's only an hour anyway.
Glad you're ok! Yeah same on the sleep front, got a a couple of hours though. Good about your mum's, and the rugby! I need to remember to watch it this week, forgot last time as my dad was away :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Thanks :redface: Might try and read through something on the train up there, or I could just sleep... It's only an hour anyway.
Glad you're ok! Yeah same on the sleep front, got a a couple of hours though. Good about your mum's, and the rugby! I need to remember to watch it this week, forgot last time as my dad was away :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hopefully it all goes well for you! yeah, sleep idk, I give up with mine really, I sleep when my body allows me to and beyond that I survive :tongue: should be good, England v Ireland so may well be the deciding game in the tournament! my mum cheers on Ireland though so might be quite amusing haha!
My dad's just been diagnosed with depression. :dong:
This breaks my heart, even though we don't speak. :erm:
Original post by Anonymous
Question: Has anyone experienced more frequent urination (particularly at night) when on antidepressants? I I've tried looking it up but not found anything. I've been on the antidepressants for over a month and this has began to happen within the last two/three weeks, and that's the only major change I can think of.

Sending hugs to all that need it. The last week has been pretty good for me up until yesterday, but family arguments are sending me back on the downward spiral.

Yes but it was because they gave me a dry mouth so I was drinking more. Perhaps this is the case for you. Sometimes it's quite subtle and you might not really notice it.
Today is the worst I've felt waking up in a long time. I hate this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm with you on that :redface:
:hugs: I hope your day brightens up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SassQueen13
I'm with you on that :redface:
:hugs: I hope your day brightens up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. I hope your day gets better too. Just one of those days I think. I'd planned to do loads of stuff today and haven't done any of it so I'm just sat in bed still :/
Well my thread in MH section re: victim mentality is quite brutal but I can't say I'm surprised, nor can I say they're speaking out of line or being unreasonable.
Original post by Maid Marian
My dad's just been diagnosed with depression. :dong:
This breaks my heart, even though we don't speak. :erm:

really sorry to hear this Maz :frown: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope you're alright man!
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I hope you're alright man!

I'm not alright at all today I don't think :frown: thanks though I appreciate that.

How's things going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not alright at all today I don't think :frown: thanks though I appreciate that.

How's things going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

welcome :smile:

it's going OK.

Latest