The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Thanks. I'm supposed to present them in front of Royal Holloway's disabled staff meeting tomorrow :cry: Think I'm just gonna aim for 20 unis or 25 maximum and they'll just have to make do with that for now :dontknow:

Sorry you're still having such a rough time of it, sweetie :sadnod:

That's a good call, and hopefully realistic. I'm sure they will be totally understanding. :hugs:
stress levels rising and mood dropping. this isn't good news. this time last week I was utterly beside myself and ended up in a complete state. think its time to stop. yet again, failing to meet my targets and deadlines. im an absolute ****wit.
Original post by Pathway
I think 20-25 will be ok. I agree with scary, too.

---------------

Spoiler

:jumphug: to you and to Scary too :frown:
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard

What's up, mate? :smile:
Why is it when your ill you become more depressed and anxious?! I hate it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gabs410
Why is it when your ill you become more depressed and anxious?! I hate it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, it sucks! :mad:

I just came out of 2 bad throat infections and now seem to be relapsing severely with psychotic symptoms...dammit!

Haven't seen you around before...? :smile:
Original post by Sabertooth
What's up, mate? :smile:

Sick of my sleep pattern, just fed up with not feeling able to do things as well, just everything feels too much at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kinda new to this! Haven't really got the hang of how these things work! Haha!

Yeah, my mother has given me this horrible cold so I'm all dosed up but nothing works! Can't take paracetamol cause I'm allergic so nothing's working :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
self esteem is at an all time low at the minute. It sounds stupid but I don't want to leave the house tomorrow because I'm too self conscious :/
Sick of my sleep pattern, just fed up with not feeling able to do things as well, just everything feels too much at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile

I read your post earlier about volunteering for the samaritans. I think that sounds like a really good idea, you can take advantage of your being awake at night. I know it's not ideal but you'd be helping people so maybe not too bad?

Have you told people close to you, or a doctor, that things feel overwhelming? It might help if you could offload or maybe delay things that you feel are too much. I dunno, sorry if this is no help. :colondollar:
Original post by gabs410
Kinda new to this! Haven't really got the hang of how these things work! Haha!

Yeah, my mother has given me this horrible cold so I'm all dosed up but nothing works! Can't take paracetamol cause I'm allergic so nothing's working :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ergh, colds suck. :console: Might it be worth talking to your GP to see if he/she can prescribe or recommend something that doesn't contain paracetamol?

Original post by Anonymous
self esteem is at an all time low at the minute. It sounds stupid but I don't want to leave the house tomorrow because I'm too self conscious :/

:hugs: I really struggle to leave the house sometimes too. :colondollar:
Ergh, colds suck. :console: Might it be worth talking to your GP to see if he/she can prescribe or recommend something that doesn't contain paracetamol?

I have, just here isn't really anything else I can take that doesn't mess with my other prescriptions!

Honestly is such a difficult thing to be ill in more than one way!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I read your post earlier about volunteering for the samaritans. I think that sounds like a really good idea, you can take advantage of your being awake at night. I know it's not ideal but you'd be helping people so maybe not too bad?

Have you told people close to you, or a doctor, that things feel overwhelming? It might help if you could offload or maybe delay things that you feel are too much. I dunno, sorry if this is no help. :colondollar:

Yeah, just doesn't help me right now I guess, frustrated cause missed half the conference due to sleep :frown: sick of feeling like I miss out on things cause of it, so many things I might've done in life if my sleep was normal.

I told the GP but they won't look at changing my meds without speaking to my social worker so I have to contact them and that's more hassle, meds are only thing Drs can think of as well cause it's been an issue since I was kid just its worse on current ADs I guess. Sleeping pills never work for me either and sleep hygiene stuff I suck at sticking to :/

Would help if I had someone(s) to talk to at night at least but nobody I know is up and I doubt if they were they would want to talk to me, just end up sitting alone feeling like crap and bored most nights

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gabs410
I have, just here isn't really anything else I can take that doesn't mess with my other prescriptions!

Honestly is such a difficult thing to be ill in more than one way!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see, yeah it seems like a lot of painkillers and cold stuff contain paracetamol.

I spent pretty much all of February in bed ill so totally get what you mean. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

Same here! Since I left school, I'm adamant I've put weight but everyone else disagrees! Either they are being too nice or I'm just seeing things!
It sucks when you know you must leave the house and your mind is clear on you staying home because you're unhappy when you look in the mirror!
Sending hugs your way!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh I see, yeah it seems like a lot of painkillers and cold stuff contain paracetamol.

I spent pretty much all of February in bed ill so totally get what you mean. :smile:

I'm in bed enough as it is! Not only am I mental but my body is too! Got diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, just doesn't help me right now I guess, frustrated cause missed half the conference due to sleep :frown: sick of feeling like I miss out on things cause of it, so many things I might've done in life if my sleep was normal.

I told the GP but they won't look at changing my meds without speaking to my social worker so I have to contact them and that's more hassle, meds are only thing Drs can think of as well cause it's been an issue since I was kid just its worse on current ADs I guess. Sleeping pills never work for me either and sleep hygiene stuff I suck at sticking to :/

Would help if I had someone(s) to talk to at night at least but nobody I know is up and I doubt if they were they would want to talk to me, just end up sitting alone feeling like crap and bored most nights

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sucks JLP. I may not support the Greens but I know how passionate you are about them so missing half the conference must have been a huge blow. :console:

Have you tried looking to see if you can find a US-based or other country's forum you could post in where people will be awake during the UK's night? TSR gets pretty dead late at night.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I struggle to sleep at night. Message me if you ever need to :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
That sucks JLP. I may not support the Greens but I know how passionate you are about them so missing half the conference must have been a huge blow. :console:

Have you tried looking to see if you can find a US-based or other country's forum you could post in where people will be awake during the UK's night? TSR gets pretty dead late at night.

Thanks, yeah it's not helped my mood at all really, just more regrets :frown:

I used to use like a video game forum with lots of people who were active at night but that was years ago now, I'd play online games like but my headset won't work on my PS4 and is hard to find other people who talk at times, plus anything with taking I'd have to be quiet or it would wake my girlfriend so idk. used to have a friend who I could talk to on Skype at night but like most of my friendships of note I ****ed that up big time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest