The Student Room Group

Jeremy Clarkson gets suspended from the BBC

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/03/10/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-suspended_n_6840284.html

It was only a matter of time. How much more could the Beeb take? No idea what happened here though. Did he do a Charlie Sheen? (i can bet it was). One thing he should have learned from him was to never have a 'fracas' with people higher in the chain of command. If i had a 'fracas' with my area manager and have had a history of bad conduct id have probably have gotten sacked.

Top Gear will no doubt lose a lot of its audience now. Top Gear was one of the most popular shows on the BBC. Even though i cant stand him, he was the face of Top Gear and when he wasn't being a general **** was good at what he did (talk about cars) and there was a good chemistry between the 3 presenters (in my opinion its less about him and more about the chemistry between the 3)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

goodnight sweet prince :moon:
Something to do with a Labour MP and pink ties.
The bbc would be idiotic to sack the main presenter of their most successful show. What happens if they sack him? he takes his show to another network, hammond and may will follow and top gear is relaunched under a different name on ITV. The bbc lose a massive audience to a different channel and end up with a programme similar to 5th gear

We're talking about a show which is broadcast over hundreds of countries and clarkson is a major reason for that, I bet other TV channels are licking their lips waiting to offer him a deal.
-Waits for all the liberals and guardian readers to rush here and make anti clarkson posts-
Reply 5
I hope this doesn't last long, and they manage to sort it all out.

I'm in the minority who actually thinks Clarkson is funny though :dontknow:
Original post by Dilmurod Dilmu
-Waits for all the liberals and guardian readers to rush here and make anti clarkson posts-

As a liberal and Guardian reader, I'm strongly against the sacking of Clarkson.

The BBC is essentially owned by the people, we all pay for it. Top Gear makes shed loads of money by being sold worldwide to various broadcasters. If it goes off the air the BBC's budget will descend and the quality will decline or we will be charged a larger license fee.

So I'm against Clarkson's potential sacking.
Reply 7
Clarkson's almost too valuable to lose. It would be foolish for the BBC to keep this up long.

On the other hand, it's getting him yet more press coverage, which will probably have at least some knock-on benefit.
Reply 8
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
As a liberal and Guardian reader, I'm strongly against the sacking of Clarkson.

The BBC is essentially owned by the people, we all pay for it. Top Gear makes shed loads of money by being sold worldwide to various broadcasters. If it goes off the air the BBC's budget will descend and the quality will decline or we will be charged a larger license fee.

So I'm against Clarkson's potential sacking.

Again, if you were being a ****** to your managers and producers you'd expect to be sacked wouldn't you? I dont know what happened but Why should the people behind the scenes and the guys and girls who are running things put up with ****ty behaviour? Charlie Sheen got the boot when Two and a Half Men was raking in cash. Why shouldn't JC?

I think this was a move by the BBC to show who runs things. Clarkson cant do what he wants just because he's some sort of golden goose. Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross got the boot so why shouldn't he?

I didnt know people care about the Beeb so much. Trash the licence fee and leave the beeb to rot. Never watched it in years. Why would i? I have the internet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Victims from 30 years ago have now come forward with "historic fracas claims" that were carried out by Clarkson.

The Met are urging more victims to come forward.
We don't even know why. I bet it'll be for making fun of a protected country, like Mexico, whereas other countries are fair game for no reason that has ever been laid out logically.

Edit: Apparently not

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-03-10/top-gear-series-postponed-after-jeremy-clarkson-punches-producer

It's for assault/attempted assault. But he punched Piers Morgan in the face and nothing happened there.
(edited 9 years ago)
The next BBC licence fee settlement could be under a non-Tory government. Keeping Jeremy Clarkson will not help their case.
Word on the street is that he punched a producer :tongue:
And on that bombshell...
Original post by lustawny
And on that bombshell...

Its goodbye for top gear forever:frown::frown::frown::frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Anyone else gutted that they aren't showing this sunday's show? Hopefully it will be aired soon :frown:
About time.
Jeremy should 'drive' to ITV and 'speed' up a quick contract
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Word on the street is that he punched a producer :tongue:

"aimed a punch". Not exactly the same thing.

Clarkson is topgear, it's his and Renton's baby. Without him, no show. The BBC can't afford to lose the £130m+ they earn every year through tg and it's various spinoffs.
Reply 19
Original post by Drewski
"aimed a punch". Not exactly the same thing.

Clarkson is topgear, it's his and Renton's baby. Without him, no show. The BBC can't afford to lose the £130m+ they earn every year through tg and it's various spinoffs.

Don't forget about crappy merchandise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending