The Student Room Group

Interruption and Maintenance Loan Payment

Hi
I'm 4th year student and I want to interrupt my studies due to medical reasons. The academic year is almost over, with 2-3 months left.

I still have an outsanding balance for my accomodation and I'm scheduled to receive maintenance loan payment on 08/04/24.

If I interrupt now, Will the schedule maintenance loan payment be cancelled?

If you suspend because you’re seriously ill
You might be able to get a Maintenance Loan or any other grants you’re entitled to for 60 days from the date you suspended your course.

Am I eligible for this?

How does it work?

How does SFE decide if I should get 60 days of funding/support after suspending?

Thank you.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Dwight018
Hi
I'm 4th year student and I want to interrupt my studies due to medical reasons. The academic year is almost over, with 2-3 months left.
I still have an outsanding balance for my accomodation and I'm scheduled to receive maintenance loan payment on 08/04/24.
If I interrupt now, Will the schedule maintenance loan payment be cancelled?
If you suspend because you’re seriously ill
You might be able to get a Maintenance Loan or any other grants you’re entitled to for 60 days from the date you suspended your course.

Am I eligible for this?

How does it work?

How does SFE decide if I should get 60 days of funding/support after suspending?

Thank you.
Hi Dwight,

When you suspend we will require an electronic Change of Circumstance (COC) from your university to confirm the date you last attended your course. Once this is received and processed our assessors will recalculate your entitlement for the length of time you attended the course. Any further payments will then be blocked. However, if you are suspending due to health reasons you may be eligible for 60 days of extra funding from the date you suspend. You'd need to ask the university to send us a 'health suspension' change of circumstance. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending