The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hothedgehog
I would go to Brighton but it's possibly the worst time of the year for me... Will be waiting for album and presumable November tour instead.

Same here.

All the locations happen to be like 3-4 hours away from me, which would be fine if they weren't all week days (or a Sunday where I won't get home til like 2am)

Sigh.

Got a feeling they'll be doing more of the album too, would love to be there...
Lyric-wise there's not much to Psycho is there?...
Lyric-wise there's not much to Psycho is there?...

Agreed

"your ass belongs to me now"
isn't really the most... Enticing... Line out there to say the least.

Regardless, I'm loving the rock-y feel to it more than I can put into words and it makes me so happy that it's looking like the album will be leaning in that direction

To be honest though, I wouldn't exactly class Matt Bellamy as a lyrical genius. Some of the stuff he comes up with is questionable :lol:
Original post by AdamCee
Agreed

"your ass belongs to me now"
isn't really the most... Enticing... Line out there to say the least.

Regardless, I'm loving the rock-y feel to it more than I can put into words and it makes me so happy that it's looking like the album will be leaning in that direction

To be honest though, I wouldn't exactly class Matt Bellamy as a lyrical genius. Some of the stuff he comes up with is questionable :lol:

Yes, I like the music of it too - it does feel more like 'their sound' rather than the last couple of albums which have been a bit questionable to be honest. I wonder if this song is designed to be a bit of a public-grabber... perhaps the album has more in depth offerings. Still... overall something that leaves me more confident of a good album!
Definitely more psyched about Drones than I have been any other MUSE release since Black Holes (My fav album of theirs BTW). It sounds a lot more like a MUSE track than recent stuff has. Cant wait until the Winter tour to see what they do with the stage set...
Yes, I like the music of it too - it does feel more like 'their sound' rather than the last couple of albums which have been a bit questionable to be honest. I wonder if this song is designed to be a bit of a public-grabber... perhaps the album has more in depth offerings. Still... overall something that leaves me more confident of a good album!

[video="youtube;D0jHUwLq7OI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0jHUwLq7OI[/video]
This came from their first Psycho tour. Undecided whether the song is Drones or Reaper... Apparently they didn't say, if you're interested

Original post by Es-339
Definitely more psyched about Drones than I have been any other MUSE release since Black Holes (My fav album of theirs BTW). It sounds a lot more like a MUSE track than recent stuff has. Cant wait until the Winter tour to see what they do with the stage set...

Couldn't agree more. It seems to be a recurring pattern for me that Muse's singles greatly reflect overall album, and judging by Psycho and Drones/Reapers... It's gonna be ****ing awesome
Original post by AdamCee
[video="youtube;D0jHUwLq7OI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0jHUwLq7OI[/video]
This came from their first Psycho tour. Undecided whether the song is Drones or Reaper... Apparently they didn't say, if you're interested

Couldn't agree more. It seems to be a recurring pattern for me that Muse's singles greatly reflect overall album, and judging by Psycho and Drones/Reapers... It's gonna be ****ing awesome

Oooh... I really like that. Yesssss!
Original post by AdamCee

I saw a bit of that, people were going crazy on twitter over the setlist and stuff :P they played Uno for the first time like like 12 years!

I finally booked my train tickets down to Brighton, it's not exactly an ideal time as I'll have to leave a uni tutorial half way, and try and get enough sleep for a compulsory session the next morning... But hopefully it'll be worth it xD
Original post by tania<3
I saw a bit of that, people were going crazy on twitter over the setlist and stuff :P they played Uno for the first time like like 12 years!

I finally booked my train tickets down to Brighton, it's not exactly an ideal time as I'll have to leave a uni tutorial half way, and try and get enough sleep for a compulsory session the next morning... But hopefully it'll be worth it xD

I know! Tbh I was really hoping they would start playing Showbiz again, but Uno is good enough for me. Maybe in their November tour... (If they do one)

Nice!! I couldn't find any way around it unfortunately :frown: typical they have to play weekdays and Sunday evening :frown:
Original post by AdamCee
I know! Tbh I was really hoping they would start playing Showbiz again, but Uno is good enough for me. Maybe in their November tour... (If they do one)

Nice!! I couldn't find any way around it unfortunately :frown: typical they have to play weekdays and Sunday evening :frown:

I hope they do a November tour. But if they do it'll mean I'll be even poorer than I am right now. #RIPBankAccount

Yeah... They most probably had to only do the gigs then because of how short-notice they all were.
Manchester was just insane, The Groove, Hyper Music, Dead Star and Fury. So happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sam_town1
Manchester was just insane, The Groove, Hyper Music, Dead Star and Fury. So happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

#MuseBrighton was AMAZINGGGGG

So jealous of Dead Star though. Me and some others in the crowd were all chanting "DEAD STAR" over and over again but Matt said he would need to practice it for next time :frown:

But.... He made up for it with Dead Inside. I was so happy I was able to witness the live debut :')
Attachment not found
Original post by tania<3
#MuseBrighton was AMAZINGGGGG

So jealous of Dead Star though. Me and some others in the crowd were all chanting "DEAD STAR" over and over again but Matt said he would need to practice it for next time :frown:

But.... He made up for it with Dead Inside. I was so happy I was able to witness the live debut :')

What was it like live?! So jealous you actually went. Praying they'll now do a Dead Inside tour in the next month or so... Unlikely but you never know.

Apparently Chris said in an interview they forgot how much they loved playing smaller venues so maybe we'll see a few more of them too rather than stadium dates :biggrin:

The hype is real...
Anyone dissappointed with their new song?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So, the new album is released tomorrow - I received my copy in the post yesterday and am giving it a second listen. I'm really not sure what I feel about The Globalist, it's meant to be all epic and whatnot and frankly I just can't get over it's horrid Elgar 'arrangement'. Bleh. I think I need to go and listen to all of Enigma to get it out of my head.

Saying that, I quite like the rest of the album - it's better than the previous one, probably ranking in around BH&R in terms of my personal like scale. Not as good as OoS or Absolution though.
Love the album so far. A lot better than I expected.
Agreed. Absolutely incredible album.

And an absolutely incredible set at Download. Doesn't really get much better
Have some friends who went and said it was amazing. I'll try to catch it on YouTube if it's there!
Yeah it really was. Debut of The Handler was something else entirely. Crowd was epic too :biggrin:

There are few up on YouTube already I've seen too. Quite a lot of GoPro's in the crowd so imagine more on Monday when the campers get home

Quick Reply

Latest