The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furryface12
Exactly! It makes it harder to keep busy too, which just leaves more time to overthink everything and get in a mess I find :redface:

My sister was in a shop and I was waiting outside with the dog, so she came out after a while. CFS, I knew walking into town and standing there for a bit wasn't going to go well but that'll teach me to leave mothers day to the last minute I suppose!

I'll be fine, thanks. Are you ok? :hugs:

:jumphug: Around if talking would help? :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks. not sure what to do right now :frown: feel pretty desperate
Haven't done anything today, just the internet. My room is an absolute mess and I have loads to do. :frown:

I'll be fine, thanks. Are you ok? :hugs:

Good :hugs:

I'm alright, can't really complain :smile:
Original post by Nathanielle
Haven't done anything today, just the internet. My room is an absolute mess and I have loads to do. :frown:

I wouldn't worry too much about the mess, usually it's something that can wait (or at least I keep telling myself that - I haven't vacuumed in over a month :colondollar: )

With the other stuff could you make a list of everything and tackle the ones you find easiest first? Sometimes once the ball gets moving it's easier to do the harder stuff. :smile:
Ruined everything :sadpanda: i cant even tell my dr.

Food

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience
thanks. not sure what to do right now :frown: feel pretty desperate

:console: Go to A&E or something if you're not safe? Please? :frown:

Original post by Anonymous #2
Good :hugs:

I'm alright, can't really complain :smile:

Good! :smile::hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
I wouldn't worry too much about the mess, usually it's something that can wait (or at least I keep telling myself that - I haven't vacuumed in over a month :colondollar: )

With the other stuff could you make a list of everything and tackle the ones you find easiest first? Sometimes once the ball gets moving it's easier to do the harder stuff. :smile:

I kins of worried, because I loose focus every since and do allways other stuff. :frown: Yeah, maybe I should try to cut everything in very, very, very small steps...instead of seeing the household (my room is so small, I have to clean up constantly to have space to move), other commitments I take on and a project...

I allways say, way, just get it done and then I end up with having done nothing at all.... maybe should cut of internet effectively ... (then there is still radio....)

How are you doing?
(edited 9 years ago)
:console: Go to A&E or something if you're not safe? Please? :frown:

Good! :smile::hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh its not that bad, dw. just panicky and teary and overwhelmed. how are you doing?
stupid people on the train were annoying nad triggering and i've been really dissociated since. also said to them to shut up (they were shouting and kicking the windows??) but didnt feel like it was me

really have no idea whats going on just feel weird and i want to sleep
Original post by PandaWho
Ruined everything :sadpanda: i cant even tell my dr.

Food

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you really need to tell your doctor about this. If she doesn't know, she can't help you. And although it's scary, it does sound like you need a bit of help with this. :hugs:
Original post by Nathanielle
I kins of worried, because I loose focus every since and do allways other stuff. :frown: Yeah, maybe I should try to cut everything in very, very, very small steps...instead of seeing the household (my room is so small, I have to clean up constantly to have space to move), other commitments I take on and a project...

I allways say, way, just get it done and then I end up with having done nothing at all.... maybe should cut of internet effectively ... (then there is still radio....)

How are you doing?

Cutting it down to small, manageable steps sounds like a good idea. :yy: What I find helpful is actually making a physical list where I can then cross stuff off - I dunno, something about seeing what you've accomplished can be motivating?

The internet can be a huge distraction sometimes: could you unplug the internet and give the cable to someone else in your house until you've done at least a few things that need doing?

I'm not so great tbh. Little sleep and a lot of anxiety. Sucks. :nothing:
oh its not that bad, dw. just panicky and teary and overwhelmed. how are you doing?

Good :hugs: Well not to the second bit, but still. I'm okish, just kind of numb :dontknow:

Original post by Pathway
stupid people on the train were annoying nad triggering and i've been really dissociated since. also said to them to shut up (they were shouting and kicking the windows??) but didnt feel like it was me

:jumphug: Here for a bit if you want me, hope you can sleep though :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
I think you really need to tell your doctor about this. If she doesn't know, she can't help you. And although it's scary, it does sound like you need a bit of help with this. :hugs:

Just dont know how to tell her. And not due to see her for like 2 months either :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good :hugs: Well not to the second bit, but still. I'm okish, just kind of numb :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

dont want to be annoying but i hope you're ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:penguinhug:
feel ****ing terrible. terrible terrible terrible. arghghfiuhruiv
feel ****ing terrible. terrible terrible terrible. arghghfiuhruiv

:jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:

Sorry you're feeling so bad. Could you try to get some sleep maybe?
Original post by Maid Marian
I hate depression, I hate it I hate it I hate it so much:cry2:
I feel like being sick, through no reason other than boredom and loneliness and empty sadness.

Why do I always spend my days off feeling so low:frown:

:console: I find that when I have nothing to do I tend to drop into misery really quickly. Maybe when you have days off see if you can organise things to do to keep you busy? :hugs:

:hugs: for everybody. I was social and went to see rent with some uni people and it was totally worth getting dressed for. I may be watching the film later tonight because I had forgotten how much I love it as a musical.
Exactly! It makes it harder to keep busy too, which just leaves more time to overthink everything and get in a mess I find :redface:

My sister was in a shop and I was waiting outside with the dog, so she came out after a while. CFS, I knew walking into town and standing there for a bit wasn't going to go well but that'll teach me to leave mothers day to the last minute I suppose!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww that is difficult, I'm mostly housebound myself so understand where you're coming from.

Dunno about you but for me since I've had cfs with the anxiety and depression everyone is giving me conflicting advice. Go out, no rest. I'm like ahhhhh 🙈

Unless you go through it no one really understands, everyone thinks they know best which can make it pretty lonely at times 😒
Original post by Pathway
dont want to be annoying but i hope you're ok :hugs:

You won't be annoying! If you want to or it'd help then go for it :hugs:

Original post by shethoughtaloud
Aww that is difficult, I'm mostly housebound myself so understand where you're coming from.

Dunno about you but for me since I've had cfs with the anxiety and depression everyone is giving me conflicting advice. Go out, no rest. I'm like ahhhhh 🙈

Unless you go through it no one really understands, everyone thinks they know best which can make it pretty lonely at times 😒

I can't imagine how hard it would be to be housebound! As hard as it is to go out sometimes I'd go completely mad I think.

I get that too, a lot. I was told not to go back to school last year and ignored it, and to stop several times and not take exams but ignored that too. I've now taken a gap year and get told to get a job and be normal by some people, to just concentrate on working for resits by others, do absolutely nothing by others. I've tried both extremes but neither's helped at all.

It can definitely make it lonely, particularly when everyone else is busy getting on with their lives and you're unable to. It's not something anyone can ever understand without going through it either as you say, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. That said, there are some lovely people on here and on the CFS thread and feel free to message me if you ever want to!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pathway

Dissociating whilst unpleasant serves a good purpose it's protecting you from all the stress that you might be struggling to cope with :smile:

Also don't worry about the people on the train, you were in the right.

You deserve a nice kip :h:

Latest