The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #2

That happens to me too. Definitely worth mentioning I'd say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ScaryScience
I spend most of my life like that. 95% + in lectures and things. hours and hours go by and ive done nothing but stare at the wall. im never fully present in anything.

It scares me a little, because I can never remember what I do during those zoned out hours and it's not pleasant.
Original post by Aph
:sadnod: happens to me a fair bit. Often when I'm walking. I was told its some sort of migraine. .. but yes it's definitely worth mentioning

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not a migraine, that's why I wear glasses. It's different.
Original post by CescaD96
It scares me a little, because I can never remember what I do during those zoned out hours and it's not pleasant.

me neither. I don't really think about it anymore, just one of those things I guess. part of the fact I cant concentrate or really think about anything so I just constantly switch off
me neither. I don't really think about it anymore, just one of those things I guess. part of the fact I cant concentrate or really think about anything so I just constantly switch off

I just get sucked into my thoughts. :frown:
I just get sucked into my thoughts. :frown:

yep. my mind feels quite blank but im also thinking. I don't mind it. reality is too **** to stay present in a lot of the time
yep. my mind feels quite blank but im also thinking. I don't mind it. reality is too **** to stay present in a lot of the time

Reality is pretty ****.
Firstly - IAPT - Improving Access to Psychological Therapies
CMHT - Community Mental Health Team
Psychiatrist - normally works under CMHT
It looks like the best thing has happened really - she cant tell you if you've got a PD. And if you went under CMHT and they thought you had a PD you'd be seeing a psychiatrist anyway. You being straight up saves an awful lot of crap, trust me - I found out the very, very hard way.

Thank you for your reply, felt a bitt overwhelmed
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for your reply, felt a bitt overwhelmed

That's understandable but you're in the best position. I wish I'd been referred straight to a psych, would have prevented the most terrifying 8 week crisis and the 13 months it took to get a diagnosis. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Not so much anymore but I used to lose hours staring at a wall and not really remember what happened. As you said, not pleasant but I sometimes found it was better than reality, like Scary said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not so much anymore but I used to lose hours staring at a wall and not really remember what happened. As you said, not pleasant but I sometimes found it was better than reality, like Scary said.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reality is pretty crap but my thoughts are in no way better sadly.
Think im gonna get some counselling again, but feeling pretty nervous about it especially because I don't want my family to find out at the moment :redface:
Reality is pretty crap but my thoughts are in no way better sadly.

I feel ya :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I'm not really reading or responding to posts. Something's happened to my Internet - it's slower than it was and TSR is hellish to use due to so many pop-ups. Anyone know how to make the pop-ups go away? I've adjusted my pop-up blocker Internet settibgs to high and downloaded uni antivirus software, but to no avail :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sorry I'm not really reading or responding to posts. Something's happened to my Internet - it's slower than it was and TSR is hellish to use due to so many pop-ups. Anyone know how to make the pop-ups go away? I've adjusted my pop-up blocker Internet settibgs to high and downloaded uni antivirus software, but to no avail :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

download the adblock plus extension?
First session with the counsellor went well! Feeling a lot less stressed and anxious already. I'm one step closer to fully getting rid of my phobias and anxiety for good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
not good at all tbh. oh well

:console: Anything I can do?

Does anyone else here just "switch off"? Like you're there physically but not mentally, and you stare out into the distance? It happens to me a lot, and sometimes it makes me dizzy, pale or feel ill. I can sit in class for an hour and not have any notion about what is going on.

Should I mention this at my mental health assessment this Friday along with everything else?

I do this a lot. As others have said, definitely worth mentioning :yep:

Alright :smile:

I feel so dead inside, haven't gone to uni again today so including when I didn't go in on Thursday (not in on Fridays anyway) I've missed 10 hours of teaching :s-smilie: At least I'm earning that attendance email I got :tongue: I'm desperate to leave again but can't because I've already signed a contract for a flat next year :s-smilie:

That happens to me too. Definitely worth mentioning I'd say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Not sure what to say but you'll be alright- having te contract signed is possibly a good thing, so that you have to think about any decision rather than it just being a spur of the moment thing? Not sure, I've possibly not explained that very well. I'm around if you want to talk though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
download the adblock plus extension?

Tried that twice, didn't seem to do anything :sad:

Original post by Spock's Socks
First session with the counsellor went well! Feeling a lot less stressed and anxious already. I'm one step closer to fully getting rid of my phobias and anxiety for good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:woo:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Tried that twice, didn't seem to do anything :sad:

:woo:

Hmm, you could try scriptblocker but it's a pain in the ass to use with many websites. You could try asking in the computer forum?
Original post by Sabertooth
Hmm, you could try scriptblocker but it's a pain in the ass to use with many websites. You could try asking in the computer forum?

Might have to do that tbh :sadnod: :nopity: :cry:
Original post by furryface12
:console: Anything I can do?

I do this a lot. As others have said, definitely worth mentioning :yep:

:hugs: Not sure what to say but you'll be alright- having te contract signed is possibly a good thing, so that you have to think about any decision rather than it just being a spur of the moment thing? Not sure, I've possibly not explained that very well. I'm around if you want to talk though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm definitely mentioning.

Latest