The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

ffs. everything sucks. my GP pisses me off so much. everything is **** **** ****. :bawling:
Original post by superwolf
Riddle:

What's grey, fluffy and got into uni?

Answer:

MEEEEEEEE!!!

PRSOM... congrats! :hugs:
Original post by ScaryScience
PRSOM... congrats! :hugs:

Thanks lovely, I really hope you get some good luck too. :hugs:
Thanks lovely, I really hope you get some good luck too. :hugs:

Thank you :lovehug:
Also, to any DSA people - can you help me out, my brain is scrambled and confused.

So I applied for DSA in middle of first year, then from my memory I applied again for second year, and was told because my needs hadn't changed from the evidence, I didn't need another assessment thing.

Anyway I have been applying for student finance and I ticked DSA and its asked me to provide a photocopy of evidence from a doctor (which I didn't do last year, I think evidence was sent direct) but my GP said the support runs straight through your degree so no need for new application/evidence. Trouble is im not seeing wellbeing lady for 8 weeks so cant ask her. I'm just confused and wondering if my head is playing tricks on me about the whole thing. Its all a mess as to what has happened in the past and can anyone give me clarity on the situation?
Riddle:

Answer:

MEEEEEEEE!!!

Yeyyyyyyy :biggrin:

uCUM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Yeyyyyyyy :biggrin:

uCUM?

Posted from TSR Mobile

uCUM indeed. :sexface:
Riddle:

Answer:

MEEEEEEEE!!!

You're so smart! Heeeeee!

*squishy hugs*
uCUM indeed. :sexface:

:perv:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
You're so smart! Heeeeee!

*squishy hugs*

*squishes back*
what a **** day. so because my student doctors takes so so long to get any medication to you ive have to go into town to pick it up from boots so I don't go without. its like a 40 minute walk and I got there and then I passed out and then started crying. took forever to get the bloody mirtaz and I felt so horrible. and then I thought id get the bus back so I waited for ages and then got on the bus and the man driving was horrible and was like 'I cant guarantee you'll get to uni because I finish in a bit so it depends if I have time' like, how is that even a thing?! is that what they do these days? bloody ridiculous. so I had to walk back and it was just dreadful.
Well done Wolfie :biggrin:

Can't rep :no:

Also, to any DSA people - can you help me out, my brain is scrambled and confused.

So I applied for DSA in middle of first year, then from my memory I applied again for second year, and was told because my needs hadn't changed from the evidence, I didn't need another assessment thing.

Anyway I have been applying for student finance and I ticked DSA and its asked me to provide a photocopy of evidence from a doctor (which I didn't do last year, I think evidence was sent direct) but my GP said the support runs straight through your degree so no need for new application/evidence. Trouble is im not seeing wellbeing lady for 8 weeks so cant ask her. I'm just confused and wondering if my head is playing tricks on me about the whole thing. Its all a mess as to what has happened in the past and can anyone give me clarity on the situation?

There are two forms for DSA IIRC - one for new students who need an assessment, and one for so-called 'continuing' students, who just need the same support to be provided for the academic year but don't need an assessment done. Maybe you filled out the former or ticked a box which is related to the former, when actually it's the latter that needs doing? :dontknow:

Sorry things are so **** atm sweetie :frown:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Imho, you need to see some kinda medical doctor and fast to get a diagnosis - without a diagnosis, uni are unlikely to help you :frown: Where did you see the useless GP? At home or at uni? (Or are you living at home and thus still registered with your home GP?) If it was one out of home or uni, could you try the other? :console:

Thank-you for your advice/help btwww :smile: I know, I tried phoning up this morning, she goes the next available is a week on monday.. or I can phone tomorrow at half 8 and try and get an advance appointment for Tuesday... so I said I'd phone in the morning. I'm living at home so just my home GP :/ I hated her when I saw her!
Original post by Silence_Will_Fal
Thank-you for your advice/help btwww :smile: I know, I tried phoning up this morning, she goes the next available is a week on monday.. or I can phone tomorrow at half 8 and try and get an advance appointment for Tuesday... so I said I'd phone in the morning. I'm living at home so just my home GP :/ I hated her when I saw her!

Ah that is tricky. Try any other GPs in the practice, or give the lady doc another go but this time explaining everything in as much detail as you can muster! Try and get the Tuesday one - this all needs to be nipped in the bud asap. You need and deserve so much more support than you are getting atm :frown: Be difficult if you have to and be firm in that you want help and you want it NOW :yep:
Well done Wolfie :biggrin:

Can't rep :no:

There are two forms for DSA IIRC - one for new students who need an assessment, and one for so-called 'continuing' students, who just need the same support to be provided for the academic year but don't need an assessment done. Maybe you filled out the former or ticked a box which is related to the former, when actually it's the latter that needs doing? :dontknow:

Sorry things are so **** atm sweetie :frown:

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. Just unsure what to do now :frown: :frown: and also I seem to remember that the form was quite brief but I still needed to send evidence for this year too, but it wasn't a photocopy.. cause that's how they determined my needs hadn't changed? though I cant trust my stupid ****ing brain to do anything right so goodness knows :bawling:
Assessment tomorrow, I'm ****ting myself. :frown: I'm so nervous.
Anyone else planning on sleeping through the eclipse? Why couldn't it happen in the afternoon?! #TLGProblems :colondollar:

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. Just unsure what to do now :frown: :frown: and also I seem to remember that the form was quite brief but I still needed to send evidence for this year too, but it wasn't a photocopy.. cause that's how they determined my needs hadn't changed? though I cant trust my stupid ****ing brain to do anything right so goodness knows :bawling:

I'm not too sure what you should do either Not your fault, SFE make it impossible to figure out how to do these things. I'm sure it's to put people off actually applying for DSA. Same with DLA. That form was one of the most depressing things I've ever done in my life :sadnod: And soooooooooooooooooooooooo long :eek:

/rant

Original post by CescaD96
Assessment tomorrow, I'm ****ting myself. :frown: I'm so nervous.

Best of luck :jumphug: Am around if PMing would help :colondollar:
One of the voices has returned. He's talking to his superiors about everything I do.

I feel so upset this has happened.

Trying to distract myself with TSR but some threads are so ****ing facepalm that it makes me angry. :rant:
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone else planning on sleeping through the eclipse? Why couldn't it happen in the afternoon?! #TLGProblems :colondollar:

I'm not too sure what you should do either Not your fault, SFE make it impossible to figure out how to do these things. I'm sure it's to put people off actually applying for DSA. Same with DLA. That form was one of the most depressing things I've ever done in my life :sadnod: And soooooooooooooooooooooooo long :eek:

/rant

Best of luck :jumphug: Am around if PMing would help :colondollar:

Isnt it like 9.30? Its soooo early but i need a shower beforev10 as thats when rorys support worker comes :sadpanda:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
One of the voices has returned. He's talking to his superiors about everything I do.

I feel so upset this has happened.

Trying to distract myself with TSR but some threads are so ****ing facepalm that it makes me angry. :rant:

Oh hun. Don't blame yourself - not your fault at all. Can you confide in your wife or a trusted loved one about what's happening? You wouldn't be bothering or letting down anyone - people (us included!) just want you to be safe from harm :frown:

Original post by PandaWho
Isnt it like 9.30? Its soooo early but i need a shower beforev10 as thats when rorys support worker comes :sadpanda:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, 9.30am isn't even a time according to The Shan Theory of Time :no:

Hope all goes well with the support worker hun. I'm only ever a text away if you need me! I'll be at home tomorrow pottering about :yes:

Latest