The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alevels2k15
Is there anyone here, who at this time last year when doing their As levels, were getting terrible grades as a lack of revision, but got 4As at the end?

Im im that situation minus the 4As :frown:
There's nothing id like to do more than medicine :frown:

Yeah, I did that. I got EDCU on my mocks.

Just use the specification notes from studentroom to revise for all of the papers (use the textbook/internet to cover up gaps where necessary) and then do past papers.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by joceliatay
Hi any international students received interviews and offers already? :smile:

me... what about you
Reply 2102
Original post by Fahad12345
To all the people with offers.... after how many days after ur interview were u informed u had been offered a place???
Thanx

i got mine after a week :smile:
Reply 2103
hi, for anyone who has an offer- you know how imperial require confirmation of your grades, and your completed DBS form, do you know how you submit these things? like do you post it to them (because they only accept original certificates for your grades and stuff) apologies if i'm being stupid, but i'm really confused haha. and congratulations if you do have an offer!
Original post by 08rm
hi, for anyone who has an offer- you know how imperial require confirmation of your grades, and your completed DBS form, do you know how you submit these things? like do you post it to them (because they only accept original certificates for your grades and stuff) apologies if i'm being stupid, but i'm really confused haha. and congratulations if you do have an offer!

DBS is done through them do they'll have it
yes send them by recorded delivery
Original post by 08rm

You can either mail your documentation to them or take them with you in person. If you do the former, it's suggested that you use registered mail so that you can track it. If you do the latter, you can take them in person to the Student Hub which is Level 3 of the Sherfield Buildling. They're open on weekdays between 9:30 - 17:00 (until 18:00 on Tuesday though and from 10:00 - 17:00 on Wednesday). :smile:
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
Good luck!!!

Have you heard back yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol no just had it yesterday, and come to think of it, they didn't really ask me much, I was just panicking.
It's been a week since my offer on track. Was I meant to receive anything from imperial directly? And am I meant to do anything apart from sending them my a-level certificates? (Not gonna firm just yet. Still waiting on two unis )
Anyone interviewed March 11th heard anything back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MMIBH30
Anyone interviewed March 11th heard anything back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope nothing yet for me
I've been refreshing the page since last night 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone who had an interview on the 10th of March heard back yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DCMed96
me... what about you

My application is still pending /: guess the chances are really slim now
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
Yeah, I did that. I got EDCU on my mocks.

Just use the specification notes from studentroom to revise for all of the papers (use the textbook/internet to cover up gaps where necessary) and then do past papers.

Thanks!
When did you roughly start revising?
Reply 2113
Thanks!

i don't think 'mimicking' others will really help you.. each person has different abilities and different methods work for them.. someone studying in the same method and the same time with someone else might not get the same grades with that someone else.. yet the more you work the better you will get that's the best advice anyone can give.. and that doing past papers is helpful as they already pointed out.. :wink: relax, do your best and you'll make it.. GOOD LUCK!! :biggrin:
Original post by charjb
Literally just got an offer from UCL right now hahaha!!!! Imperial and UCL in the same day! WOW!!

I am in the same position.....If you don't mind me asking have you decided on your first choice and why? Trying to make a decision. ..even though waiting on Leicester. ..
Original post by Leicesterannoyed
I am in the same position.....If you don't mind me asking have you decided on your first choice and why? Trying to make a decision. ..even though waiting on Leicester. ..

Let me make that decision for you... Imperial!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
Let me make that decision for you... Imperial!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Lol why ?
Thanks!

I'd pretty much mastered the first unit of OCR chemistry (F321) by Easter. Easter onwards, basically, but you can do less. I wasn't working at absolutely 100% at any point, anyway.

Original post by YvT1
yet the more you work the better you will get that's the best advice anyone can give..

I don't really agree. Working smart is far more important than working a lot. Overworking leads to burnout, peaking too early and not retaining the maximum amount of information.
Original post by Leicesterannoyed
Thanks! Lol why ?

The only reason I can give you is because we are in the imperial thread lol :biggrin:

I'm an imperial offer holder so ill be firming Imperial soon. I can't give you legit reasons why cause I havnt experienced student life.

However, a great uni with its own medic union so there's a great camaraderie between medical students.

Also, since everybody has to intercalate, we dont have to drop down a year unlike other med schools!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2119
Original post by diseasedneckbeard

I don't really agree. Working smart is far more important than working a lot. Overworking leads to burnout, peaking too early and not retaining the maximum amount of information.

Indeed i do agree with your viewpoint.. what i meant was working 'smart' is different for each person.. By working hard i do not mean having non existent social life.. But there is a quote saying the more you work the luckier you get.. i don't consider unproductive work as working.. but i guess i should have clarified that.. For instance i am good at working the last couple of days.. i won't advice someone to do the same.. i will advice them to try different things until they find what suits them..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending