The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by guitaristemily
mnged to do some revsion for the frist time in forever.

well done! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
im struggling to see any point in keeping going. feel really unwell physically and mentally :frown:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I hope you don't mind me asking this: do you suffer from OCD? It sounds like whatever's going on is very debilitating for/to you. Can you not leave the house because of your conditions or is it because you are afraid to leave the house? :frown:

Of course I don't mind you asking :h:
Yep definitely OCD which presents itself with the health anxiety and hygiene stuff. Depression as well :frown:.

I'm a mess basically it's all a culmination of me just plodding on and not dealing with anything.

Both my problems and scared to go out/too much out there that has meant I'm in this position now.
That's not how the world works and I think you do know that deep down. You didn't deserve what happened to you. What happened to you has happened to others in MHSS - you wouldn't say that they deserved it, now, would you? So why say something of yourself that you wouldn't say of others? :dontknow:

Telling your friend to get hold of her CPN is the best advice you could have given her. It's not your responsibility. You are NOT useless :nah:

I guess, I know you're right. I'm just really struggling. :s-smilie:

Thank you. :hugs:
Went to an asthma review, got new inhalers as my asthmas back. Urrrm wooo?

Posted from TSR Mobile
the TSR quote list is in computer heaven, but theres a link here to the 2015 meet.

im hoping to organise one for easter time, will most likely be in Bristol, so get in on the action!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2950403
Original post by Odd socks

i dont know if its a good thing thouh - becuase i know im behind but at the same time im sturggling to actaully o the work. i cant exactaully work in my science lessons half the time becuase the teacher doesnt actaully teach! there are talks of me having to do work ethier on a table at the front on my own (which wont work becuase of the questions and the throwing things) or doing it in another room (which wont help becuase i actaully want lessons - even a actaul teacher in the subject incase i have a couple questions would be useful)

i just do my work at home. it sucks, but it has to be done. i just want a ****ing C and i dont see why it has to be so hard for me to gain it.
I'm wondering if I'm ever going to be fully well again.
Original post by Noodlzzz
So off-topic but need some advice.

I'm moving soon and will thus no longer be seeing my CPN. I've worked with her for 2 years and she's been amazing. Would it be appropriate to get her some flowers to say thanks? If so do I bring them at our last session or should I get them delivered to the office?

Thanks guys :smile:

I'd bring them - and be sure and write a card too that she can keep as well. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Of course I don't mind you asking :h:
Yep definitely OCD which presents itself with the health anxiety and hygiene stuff. Depression as well :frown:.

I'm a mess basically it's all a culmination of me just plodding on and not dealing with anything.

Both my problems and scared to go out/too much out there that has meant I'm in this position now.

Are you on any meds to take the edge off your OCD? Sorry to hear you have depression as well :console:

Are you able to go out if someone accompanies you? Is that any better? :hugs:

Original post by Pathway
I guess, I know you're right. I'm just really struggling. :s-smilie:

Thank you. :hugs:

:penguinhug: Remember I'm only ever a PM away! Sometimes I might take a while to reply due to not being online/being busy with family/doing uni stuff. But I always will reply at some point :h:

Original post by Legilimency
I'm wondering if I'm ever going to be fully well again.

:hugs:
I'm doing okay. :redface: Very aware that I'm living within my safe little bubble, but I'm alright with that, if that's the way it has to be at the moment. I still have horrendous days but it's not one permanent nightmare any more. Dont know how long it will last. :redface:

Much love to you all (and some of you should have post... :ninja: :tongue: ). I'm always around if people need. :yes: :grouphugs:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
I'm doing okay. :redface: Very aware that I'm living within my safe little bubble, but I'm alright with that, if that's the way it has to be at the moment. I still have horrendous days but it's not one permanent nightmare any more. Dont know how long it will last. :redface:

Much love to you all (and some of you should have post... :ninja: :tongue: ). I'm always around if people need. :yes: :grouphugs:

*blows bubbles at the bubble to make it bigger, happier and stronger*
Original post by superwolf
*blows bubbles at the bubble to make it bigger, happier and stronger*

Bless you. :lovehug:
And congratulations on your news! :biggrin: :love: :hugs:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
Bless you. :lovehug:
And congratulations on your news! :biggrin: :love: :hugs:

Thanks! :blush:

:penguinhug: Remember I'm only ever a PM away! Sometimes I might take a while to reply due to not being online/being busy with family/doing uni stuff. But I always will reply at some point :h:

thank you you're too nice to me. you can always pm me too, but im pretty useless :/
:cry2::cry:
Original post by Nathanielle
:cry2::cry:

:hugs: What's wrong? Feels like we haven't spoken in a while! :wavey:
Really not feeling good, like I'm not real or here. I'm staring and can't focus, something feels really wrong, I've never felt like this before
really really not good at all :bawling:
Anyone who's feeling helpful and has spent time on a psychiatric intensive care unit, step right inside... *ushers folks in*

Original post by Anonymous #2
Really not feeling good, like I'm not real or here. I'm staring and can't focus, something feels really wrong, I've never felt like this before

:hugs: Does it feel like dissociation? This might sound like a ridiculous idea, but if you have any crisps (cheese and onion or salt and vinegar work best for me :tongue:) try eating them. The crunchiness/sharpness of them kind of helps bring me back to reality sometimes. :colondollar:

Latest