The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IDukem
Feeling any better? :smile:

I'm feeling much brighter thanks lovely :hugs:

Although Def Leppard - Bringing On The Heartbreak was the first song in my Def Leppard shuffle this morning (also first song I heard this morning) which was a nice cruel, sad, but funny coincidink (coincidence) :colondollar: :lol:
Yeah feeling a lot better this evening thanks! :smile:

Although just watched a bit of that "Louis Theroux: by reason of insanity" on channel 2... I do not recommend this programme to anyone!! It's the most depressing and scary programme on mental health and it really isn't at all useful to them or for helping others. The institute there was the most grim place ever... Really not somewhere anyone would be getting any kind of rehabilitation. Awful.
Original post by Anonymous

Although just watched a bit of that "Louis Theroux: by reason of insanity" on channel 2... I do not recommend this programme to anyone!! It's the most depressing and scary programme on mental health and it really isn't at all useful to them or for helping others. The institute there was the most grim place ever... Really not somewhere anyone would be getting any kind of rehabilitation. Awful.

Great to hear :hugs:

Thanks for the heads up! I wasn't going to watch it myself, but it's amazing that you flagged this up :h:

Beats the ones I've been in.
Original post by Sabertooth
Going to the supermarket was a huge mistake. Turns out everyone in town does their shopping on a sunday afternoon. :sigh:

Yea :console:
Apart from Friday night I've been having quite a decent weekend but ruined it because I spent most of this evening in A&E because I dislocated my knee again and couldn't get it back in place :facepalm: Think I'm going to be getting physio though so hopefully I'll get my knee strong again and this won't happen as often.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CescaD96
The psychiatrist is reviewing my referral notes anyway since they apparently don't like giving out anti depressants to 'children', even though I'm 18. :smile: It's basically cause I'm still at school. However I will still get them, my nurse said, it's just formalities. But I'm an urgent case (read the notes upside down on Friday sneakily) so maybe that would help?

Possibly. :console: I hope they're able to get you them this week. If you need anything let me know.

Original post by IDukem
Aww shucks :blush: I know you've been feeling down recently and I just thought I'd let you know that I think you're pretty amazing. I don't even know why we haven't properly spoken, maybe our paths didn't meet, but I wanted to make sure it did cause everyone else adores the person you are, so I wanted to do the same :smile: Takes an awesome person to know one :biggrin:

I'm feeling brighter, yeah it's tough when someone doesn't like you the same way but you know what, I feel better for saying something because I feel kinda rejuvenated in a way. Thanks for asking :h: Awww thanks, the same applies to you! My advice can be kinda lame, but I try my best to cheer you and others up :colondollar:
:hugs:

Thank you so much. :colondollar: :h:

It'll get easier, and there is definitely someone out there for you! I'm glad you're feeling better. :console: You're good at cheering people up for sure, you've cheered me up a lot. :colondollar: :hugs:
wondering if this will ever end unless it ends me
Original post by Pathway
Possibly. :console: I hope they're able to get you them this week. If you need anything let me know.

Thank you so much. :colondollar: :h:

It'll get easier, and there is definitely someone out there for you! I'm glad you're feeling better. :console: You're good at cheering people up for sure, you've cheered me up a lot. :colondollar: :hugs:

It will for sure, but for now I'll just keep on rocking :rock: The feeling is mutual! I'm just glad I helped cheer you up with some truths :h: I think it's fitting your username is Pathway cause your pathway will lead you to happiness :yep: There maybe bumps in the road, but come rain or shine, MHSS is here every step of the way :hugs:
Original post by IDukem
It will for sure, but for now I'll just keep on rocking :rock: The feeling is mutual! I'm just glad I helped cheer you up with some truths :h: I think it's fitting your username is Pathway cause your pathway will lead you to happiness :yep: There maybe bumps in the road, but come rain or shine, MHSS is here every step of the way :hugs:

I hope so, just feel like the future is too daunting to think about. :frown: Not sure what's happening with CMHT atm, they said that I'm being referred to a clinical psychologist - no date though. I'm just really struggling with the flashbacks/nightmares. :s-smilie:
That's kinda what I was thinking when I chose this as my new UN. That and the whole...I'm on my way to my chosen career. :dontknow: Got all deep thinking about my UN clearly. :lol:

Thank you though, we're here for you too - no matter what! :hugs:
my skin hurts so much I want to cry it just won't stop :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
can't do this. :s-smilie:
I dont even know what to do anymore. Im just so numb to life until i read my book then i just cry and cry and cry seeing myself as the broken person im reading about. Because thats what i am. Broken.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why why why is he on my mind. :s-smilie:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Beats the ones I've been in.
Seriously?? But that was a detention center for mentally I'll people who committed crimes so essentially like prisons...

But if you went into a normal psych ward why are these places not somewhere to recover they're so grim. 😟

But then I guess if there were fairies on the walls and things that might trigger some people.
Original post by Pathway
I hope so, just feel like the future is too daunting to think about. :frown: Not sure what's happening with CMHT atm, they said that I'm being referred to a clinical psychologist - no date though. I'm just really struggling with the flashbacks/nightmares. :s-smilie:
That's kinda what I was thinking when I chose this as my new UN. That and the whole...I'm on my way to my chosen career. :dontknow: Got all deep thinking about my UN clearly. :lol:

Thank you though, we're here for you too - no matter what! :hugs:

Oh gosh, I'm sorry if I caused you to be scared about your future, I didn't mean too if I did :frown: I hope the psychologist helps you pathway, rain or shine we're here for you :h: This may sound so ignorant but what's UN? I've had 3 hours sleep so I'm probably just tired and forgot :colondollar:

Awww thank you, vice-versa too :hugs:
bad urges but no way to act on them. blahhhh.

fed up of feeling so ****, still no word from CMHT about my med review or anything else either.
Still so frickin poorly, which isn't making my mh very good :frown:
Original post by lauraaaaa
Still so frickin poorly, which isn't making my mh very good :frown:
I've got an awful case of the period :teehee: if that's any comfort

Sorry to hear you're feeling so ill :console:.
Is someone looking after you? What've you got?
I've got an awful case of the period :teehee: if that's any comfort

Sorry to hear you're feeling so ill :console:.
Is someone looking after you? What've you got?

That will be me in a few days too :cry2: I've got flu :frown: not really, I'm just struggling through and praying ill be better for tomorrow because this is awful :frown: hope you feel better soon!
Original post by lauraaaaa
That will be me in a few days too :cry2: I've got flu :frown: not really, I'm just struggling through and praying ill be better for tomorrow because this is awful :frown: hope you feel better soon!
Aww you too :hugs: make sure you get lots of rest and liquids :smile:.

It is nasty when you're ill physically it really makes you more vulnerable psychologically so just avoid all stress if poss. Get some nice films on the go or whatever will chill you out and let you recuperate :h: x

Latest