The Student Room Group

Hardest A Level's In Your Opinion?

Poll

Hardest A-Level in your Opinion? :D

Use the Poll:
English, then probably additional further maths, chemistry, further maths, biology.
Original post by Atomic H
Use the Poll:

There's more than just stats and mechanics :biggrin:
Hardest probably something like media studies :biggrin:
How is English hard? All you do is make stuff up and vaguely link it to a quote. Come to think of it that's what almost all humanities seem to be like
If a language besides English isn't your first/mother-tongue spoken dialect, then studying any other is hard as ****.
Why isn't further maths in the poll?
Original post by Littlebluesheep
Why isn't further maths in the poll?

Tbh, AS further Maths is the easiest thing that's happened to me
I choose MFL because I did Spanish and it was my hardest AS and I dropped it. But it is totally subjective and people only really know about the subjects they do so it is hard for anyone to say.
Original post by intelligent con
How is English hard? All you do is make stuff up and vaguely link it to a quote. Come to think of it that's what almost all humanities seem to be like

Making stuff up. There's your answer. What are you supposed to come up with? The questions and mark schemes are extremely vague and subjective and there's no clear way to answer the questions. There is also very little or no course content to help you answer the questions.

Out of the humanities I only took geography at GCSE, but it was much, much easier than English. There was two years worth of content to memorise that could be used as a basis for answering a question and there was also a clear way to structure an answer. The questions were a lot more closed, more guided and shorter than English. The topics covered were a lot more interesting and had clearer points and conclusions.

Original post by Normal.Person
Tbh, AS further Maths is the easiest thing that's happened to me

It picks up at A2. FP2 is a bit harder than C3-4, FP3 is quite a lot harder than C3-4 and FP4 is harder still for example.
Further Maths, Bio, and Physics

Quick Reply

Latest