The Student Room Group

Biology AQA A Level

Is the a level actually that hard? Or is there just a lot of content, like is it actually as hard as people say it is?
advice from anyone but i did combined science edexcel so any beforehand tips? will it he harder? any sites to recommend?

Thanks!
In my opinion, Biology A-level can be somehow challenging due to its significant depths in terms of content and concepts. Since you pursued combined science Edexcel, it might even be more challenging although manageable with a person's unique dedication. To prepare well, you need to review core biology topics and use resources such as Khan Academy, BBC Bitesize, and textbooks for more support.
Also, consider practicing with past papers. In case you need help in this regard, dont hesitate reaching out to me via DM
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by blacada
Is the a level actually that hard? Or is there just a lot of content, like is it actually as hard as people say it is?
advice from anyone but i did combined science edexcel so any beforehand tips? will it he harder? any sites to recommend?

Thanks!

Some of the concepts are obviously quite tricky but I found that there's usually enough resources that you can eventually get a good grasp of understanding. I would personally say that the hardest part about the course is the sheer amount of content it has. There's a lot to learn and not too much time to learn it. There's not much worry about the early topics but as you get to the later units it can seem a bit daunting all of the new things you need to learn and the fact that you don't have much time left before exams. I'd recommend getting really familiar with the Specification (here) so you know what can come up in the exam - and know the exact wording that the examiners will be looking for. Exam questions are really important as well to give you an understanding of how questions are asked and how to spot where the marks can be got. Make sure to keep on top of the content and go to all of your lessons. Review past topics regularly - even if that's just thinking them through before bed! And best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest