The Student Room Group

ENGAA / Engineering at Cambridge

I’ve seen a post here that the ENGAA might change after this year but I presume it won’t be scrapped altogether and it will simply be replaced by an different admissions test.

Firstly, has anyone seen any more news about that? Am I correct that by 2025 entry a new test will be in place?

Secondly, in terms of preparing for the ENGAA- as you’d sit the exam/its successor in the autumn term of Y13 does that mean content will only be from the first year of A level syllabus or do you need to work ahead and cover all A level physics and maths content to be competitive?

Thanks.
I believe that the ENGAA is changing from next year, yes. Also, for the second question, it should be only things from the first year of the A Level physics and maths syllabus. There is a specification online, if you search ENGAA specification, that tells you everything that you need to know. Some content is not covered in some courses, so you might have to teach yourself a couple of things at most, but everything else should be fine. For example I've had to teach myself about youngs modulus since I study the IB and it's not in my course.
For the ENGAA, I think its less about learning the content anyway and more about being quick at solving the questions - the time pressure is probably the hardest part in my opinion, the questions aren't too difficult but you have to do them insanely quickly
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I believe that the ENGAA is changing from next year, yes. Also, for the second question, it should be only things from the first year of the A Level physics and maths syllabus. There is a specification online, if you search ENGAA specification, that tells you everything that you need to know. Some content is not covered in some courses, so you might have to teach yourself a couple of things at most, but everything else should be fine. For example I've had to teach myself about youngs modulus since I study the IB and it's not in my course.
For the ENGAA, I think its less about learning the content anyway and more about being quick at solving the questions - the time pressure is probably the hardest part in my opinion, the questions aren't too difficult but you have to do them insanely quickly

That’s really helpful, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending