The Student Room Group

Is it too late to apply?

Hey guys, I'll be sitting for my A2 exams this May/June (I already have several conditional offers from UK unis) and I'm confused as hell by the US uni admission process. Which is the earliest intake I can apply for for US unis? I haven't done the SATs though but I can do them in May and June I think. Would the regular SAT and 2 Math subject tests be sufficient?
Reply 1
Original post by platypus2
Hey guys, I'll be sitting for my A2 exams this May/June (I already have several conditional offers from UK unis) and I'm confused as hell by the US uni admission process. Which is the earliest intake I can apply for for US unis? I haven't done the SATs though but I can do them in May and June I think. Would the regular SAT and 2 Math subject tests be sufficient?

You'd need to take a gap year and apply for admission for Autumn 2016 (when you'd start university). The application decisions for most universities will come out by the end of this week. So, you're way to late BUT there are some universities that have rolling admissions that accept applications in may/June. However, since you haven't even taken the SAT I and SAT II subject tests yet you won't make those deadlines. As I mentioned before, you'll need to take a gap year. Get all your testing done (no later than December 2015) and then apply next year (EA/ED deadlines are usually start of November/end of October, RD deadlines are usually Early and Mid January).

No, take Maths Level 2 (more advanced test) if you're taking a level maths. Unis don't accept both the maths SAT subject tests. Take another subject - English literature, foreign language (spanish, french, german etc), biology/physics/chemistry etc. You're better off taking SAT subject test that align w/your a level subjects.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending