The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aimee_pugsley97
Thankyou! You too!! Is Durham your first choice?

:smile: Thank you! I think it will be yeah! How about you?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by melissafrat
:smile: Thank you! I think it will be yeah! How about you?

Oh cool! Yeah its definitely my firm, just got to hope exams go okay!:smile:
Original post by gj12
Anyone going to Hatfield/ History talks mon-tues?? x

I'm going to Hatfield mon-tues :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So, what did everyone holding an offer make of the visit day?

Anyone at Chads who I might have met? Or at the Physics tour?
So I hold an offer for Josephine Butler. It was absolutely amazing!! The freps were lovely and the welcome at the station was absolutely overwhelming yet fantastic!! I go to a state school in which only a handful of white people attend and the majority are asian and black (this reflects the surrounding area also). Therefore, it was a MASSIVE change of surrounding for me! We played 'pointless' within the college which was fun and then they held a massive party and 'tea and toast' til 1am! The whole two days were very well planned and the accommodation at butler is great!
Haha, yeah the train station was amazing!

I was leaving on Tuesday about 3pm, but I saw the welcome for incomers. Terrific effort by the Colleges/students. So many people there, many in fancy dress, and big banners for all the Colleges.... Chads was a bit tiny :frown:

Everyone was having such fun, I thought it showed a real sense of joy and togetherness. Well played! Even the public thought it was great. Well done Castle for the best banner. Well done Trevelyan for most colourful.
Reply 926
I went to St. Johns on Monday-Tuesday for English Literature and it was simply amazing. The college is stunning, the freps were so lovely and welcoming and chatty, the staff made me feel comfortable and right at home, the location of the college is unbelievable and the lectures/seminars were better than I could have even hoped for! It honestly showed me how much I'm going to lose if I fail these exams, was such an amazing experience. Cannot wait for October, all being well!
Original post by Elle97
I went to St. Johns on Monday-Tuesday for English Literature and it was simply amazing. The college is stunning, the freps were so lovely and welcoming and chatty, the staff made me feel comfortable and right at home, the location of the college is unbelievable and the lectures/seminars were better than I could have even hoped for! It honestly showed me how much I'm going to lose if I fail these exams, was such an amazing experience. Cannot wait for October, all being well!

We'll be next-door neighbours!
Original post by hperkins
ooh another maths person (well maths and chemistry but still...! exiting) well done! are you going to a post offer visit day?

sorry only just read this. I did go to the open day, and it got me even more excited for uni! what about yourself?
Reply 929
Original post by game well and truly over
We'll be next-door neighbours!

Oh yeah St. Chads! It's literally next door that's so awesome! It looked gorgeous, I walked past it and saw the banners and all the students, the music etc. and it looks so so lovely, did you enjoy it? We're literally in the best location, team Bailey!:p:D
does anyone know when accommodation applications open? does it vary between colleges? (I'm St Cuths) :smile:
Original post by freyaellen
does anyone know when accommodation applications open? does it vary between colleges? (I'm St Cuths) :smile:

Hi. Not until after A Level results I think. Otherwise the colleges will have to do loads of work and then have to re-do it all over again
Did anyone apply for Law? Just firmed Durham for Law :smile:
Only just got my offer today for Anthropology!
Hi everyone! If you're looking to study pharmacy there is a Facebook group for prospective students/ firmers where you can ask any questions you may have about pharmacy or life at Durham in general!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/798960950172738/
Hello everyone, I been allocated in the John Snow college in Queens campus.
Will I be alienated from the Durham main campus?

Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Hannah,
I'm currently studying pharmacy at Queens and we do seem to be a bit separated from the main campus, but I think that's only because the bus up to Durham takes about an hour. It can be done though! I have several friends who travel up once or twice a week to take part in sports and societies. Some students are even living in Durham for their second year and making the commute to Stockton every day!
Most people don't go all that much though, we have everything we need at Queens campus so a lot of people don't feel the need to travel. It makes a good day out once in a while though!

Hope this helps, feel free to PM me if you need any more info :smile:
Emma x
Original post by Hannahzhou
Hello everyone, I been allocated in the John Snow college in Queens campus.
Will I be alienated from the Durham main campus?

Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for Modern languages from Durham and Warwick, would anyone please give me some advice as to which uni to choose?
Original post by monspie9
Got an offer for Modern languages from Durham and Warwick, would anyone please give me some advice as to which uni to choose?

Hi.

Well on this thread everyone is going to be wondering why you would even consider Coventry, when you have the option of Durham!!
Reply 939
I'm doing law at Durham as well!! :smile:

Original post by shawnleuop
Did anyone apply for Law? Just firmed Durham for Law :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest