The Student Room Group

LAMDA Stage Management and Technical Theatre

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cookieanon
Anyone heard from Guildhall yet?

Reread the information we got on the interview day and it says 4-5 weeks which for me will be today or next Tuesday, so long!! I got written confirmation from RADA though which is good 😊 I just want to know now so I can make a final decision 😐
Original post by SisJose
Not yet! Had a minor heart attack when I saw someone had replied .. Perhaps one of you guys had heard something 😝

Sorry about that... Unfortunately not. Good luck!
Original post by Sierra-McC
Reread the information we got on the interview day and it says 4-5 weeks which for me will be today or next Tuesday, so long!! I got written confirmation from RADA though which is good I just want to know now so I can make a final decision

That's good. Any day now!!... :s-smilie:
Reply 63
Oh well done on the RADA letter Sierra, that must be a weight off
your mind!
Check your emails for Guildhall offers guys! I just got one
Really?! I didn't think they did emails... Well done!! That's fantastic. I haven't heard from them yet.
Reply 66
yes, in the emails I have had from them they say that you'll be informed by post but it looks like they have changed that then. Same here, nothing yet.
Original post by katmits
yes, in the emails I have had from them they say that you'll be informed by post but it looks like they have changed that then. Same here, nothing yet.

I'm sure you will :smile: they said letters will be sent out soon, but that was the more informal one I guess :smile:
Reply 68
Check your emails for Guildhall offers guys! I just got one ������

Congrats! That awesome! Will you take the offer?:smile:
Btw when did you go for your interview ?
Original post by SisJose
Congrats! That awesome! Will you take the offer?:smile:
Btw when did you go for your interview ?

Thankyou! Yea I think so, at least 97% sure :smile: I went on 24th February so it was exactly 5 weeks until I heard
Reply 70
Thankyou! Yea I think so, at least 97% sure :smile: I went on 24th February so it was exactly 5 weeks until I heard

Good for you!:biggrin:
That means I will have my reply next week ! 😱
Reply 71
I had an email and it wasn't good news - at least I haven't got a firm offer but they have invited me to put myself on the reserve list, which I've done. I don't know how likely it is that a place will become available though and I am gutted. I have got offers from everyone else so I shall be going somewhere in September but I need to get over the disappointment of not getting into Guildhall before eI can really focus on that. At least I have until the 4th June to finally decide (since I am overseas). I might even contemplate taking a year out, getting more experience in the industry and reapplying next year, but will have to think carefully about that.
Original post by katmits
I had an email and it wasn't good news - at least I haven't got a firm offer but they have invited me to put myself on the reserve list, which I've done. I don't know how likely it is that a place will become available though and I am gutted. I have got offers from everyone else so I shall be going somewhere in September but I need to get over the disappointment of not getting into Guildhall before eI can really focus on that. At least I have until the 4th June to finally decide (since I am overseas). I might even contemplate taking a year out, getting more experience in the industry and reapplying next year, but will have to think carefully about that.

I'm sorry to hear that, remember that most of the people who applied to Guildhall will have replied to many other top institutions as you have done, which means there will be a number of people who decide not to go to Guildhall. Just focus on the offers you got because they are something to be really proud of, and wherever you go I'm sure you will have an amazing career in what you want to do. :smile:
Reply 73
I'm sorry to hear that, remember that most of the people who applied to Guildhall will have replied to many other top institutions as you have done, which means there will be a number of people who decide not to go to Guildhall. Just focus on the offers you got because they are something to be really proud of, and wherever you go I'm sure you will have an amazing career in what you want to do. :smile:

That's sweet of you. There wasn't a lot of info about how the reserve list works, nor whether everyone who applied is on it. Do you have a date by which you have to reply whether you are definitely going or not? I'm just going to have to wait and see.
There wasn't a lot of information on the email but the letter which I got had a bit more. I think there is some information on the website about the different types of offer. I have to let them know by 14th April whether I have accepted or not, and then June 16th is when you can't change your mind according to Drama UK, hope that helps :smile:
Reply 75
Thanks for that info, I'll wait and see what happens but then just continue with my other applications. I have to decide where to go now - it's between LIPA and RB I think....
Original post by katmits
Thanks for that info, I'll wait and see what happens but then just continue with my other applications. I have to decide where to go now - it's between LIPA and RB I think....

No problem, that's a good choice to have :smile:
Reply 77
have you heard from Guildhall? i still haven't .. its been 5 weeks now!
Original post by SisJose
have you heard from Guildhall? i still haven't .. its been 5 weeks now!

I haven't either... My interview was 4 weeks ago yesterday. I contacted them last week and they said it would be in a week or so. Today or tomorrow?! Not sure whether to expect a letter or email... Good luck!
Reply 79
Original post by cookieanon
I haven't either... My interview was 4 weeks ago yesterday. I contacted them last week and they said it would be in a week or so. Today or tomorrow?! Not sure whether to expect a letter or email... Good luck!

Me neither! Checking my email all day, and mailbox ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ you too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending