The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Being labelled as depressed is not a cure. It might actually demoralise you and prolong the whole bitter episode'
So if you have been ‘diagnosed’, don’t just sit there and succumb. Your brain has untapped powers of recovery just lying there, waiting to help you survive and grow, waiting for you to say: ‘Blast all this. I’m going to get better.’

I think everyone knows it isnt a cure, infact its the start of a very long hard slog to getting better...

Also not sure why you needed to put ' ' round diagnosed as if getting a diagnosis is a fake thing...

Posted from TSR Mobile
So i stink of bonfire, we decided we weren't tired an hour ago so set up all the stuff ready for tomorrow, and now im shattered and dreading my 8am wakeup call! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Valvopus
:hugs: :console: :jumphug:

thanks. needed/appreciated right now. how are you?
Original post by PandaWho
I think everyone knows it isnt a cure, infact its the start of a very long hard slog to getting better...

Also not sure why you needed to put ' ' round diagnosed as if getting a diagnosis is a fake thing...

Posted from TSR Mobile

What?! Fake thing I didn't mention them words once, what im saying is people who are depressed, I suffer from the condition myself but I don't sit on my backside moaning I get up, get out and seek help, which people should do instead of complaining about it 😊
What?! Fake thing I didn't mention them words once, what im saying is people who are depressed, I suffer from the condition myself but I don't sit on my backside moaning I get up, get out and seek help, which people should do instead of complaining about it ������

Then you must understand for some people, it just isn't as easy as getting up, getting out and seeking help. When i've been at my worst, it took all my energy to get out of bed just to go use the toilet sometimes and the thought of going out and seeing anybody filled me with dread and anxiety. Then comes the hardest part, talking to a GP or counsellor about what you're going though? It fills you with shame, guilt, embarrassment etc.

Your response comes across as misinformed (if someone actually said that to my face I think I would feel even more worthless) but you know, good for you that you're able to deal with it better than some.
What?! Fake thing I didn't mention them words once, what im saying is people who are depressed, I suffer from the condition myself but I don't sit on my backside moaning I get up, get out and seek help, which people should do instead of complaining about it 😊

How do you know people here haven't seen psychiatrists and are actually are trying their best to beat depression?
Original post by Sabertooth
How do you know people here haven't seen psychiatrists and are actually are trying their best to beat depression?

I have to echo this.

also, it's not always an option to go out and get help either. some people aren't in a safe situation to do so.
What?! Fake thing I didn't mention them words once, what im saying is people who are depressed, I suffer from the condition myself but I don't sit on my backside moaning I get up, get out and seek help, which people should do instead of complaining about it

You are seriously, seriously naïve. I've been in this hamster's wheel you're talking about for 2 years and have gotten absolutely NOWHERE. Literally nowhere. No therapy, no meds that do anything, no service that won't continue to discharge me. My GP first time round was appalling, so I changed, and now she can't be bothered to do anything either. The distress this has caused me is overwhelming. I have gotten significantly worse and they're happy to just watch me. I've seen a psychiatrist twice, having waited over 12 weeks for it, before they just, yet again, discharge me and claim there's nothing they can do. I've been depressed for many years. In this time I've had a job, have done extensive volunteering, learned to drive, got straight A*s and As in my GCSEs and A levels, and am now in my 2nd year at a top 10 Russell Group uni studying a difficult course. I still continue to have an appalling time, day after day. No, I don't just sit on my backside doing nothing, and yes I have done everything within my power to access help, yet still I am in an absolutely dire situation. Go figure.
BBQ I went to yesterday was good fun, though we were all up so late drinking that I missed the bus :eek: luckily the people throwing the BBQ let me crash on their sofa though so I just got a bus back this morning, though that involved having to walk for half an hour to find the right bus stop, which given how much cider I had yesterday wasn't so much fun :tongue:

but home now and resting.
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
BBQ I went to yesterday was good fun, though we were all up so late drinking that I missed the bus :eek: luckily the people throwing the BBQ let me crash on their sofa though so I just got a bus back this morning, though that involved having to walk for half an hour to find the right bus stop, which given how much cider I had yesterday wasn't so much fun :tongue:

but home now and resting.

Dirty stop out :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4510
Ugh the first person I spoke to in three days was the girl in the coffee shop and even she snapped at me. I know she was probably just stressed in her job but it just makes me feel more lonely and worthless.

Made an effort today to shave, cut my hair and dress well just to go out and feel normal and a part of society.

Feel stupid saying this but I can't wait till Tuesday to go back to work and make up some bull**** about what a great bank holiday I had.
Struggling so badly. 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't have to leave the house until Wednesday and I'm already feeling the depression swinging in. :dong: Days off sound amazing in hindsight, but being busy is so much better for my mental state ...

I so lonelyyyyyyyyyyyy:puppyeyes: I want to be wrapped in squishy hugs by people I love :puppyeyes:
Original post by SenSel
Struggling so badly. 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's up mate?
Reply 4515
Original post by Maid Marian
I don't have to leave the house until Wednesday and I'm already feeling the depression swinging in. :dong: Days off sound amazing in hindsight, but being busy is so much better for my mental state ...

I so lonelyyyyyyyyyyyy:puppyeyes: I want to be wrapped in squishy hugs by people I love :puppyeyes:

I know how you feel. Wish I had the answer but I don't. Hope things look up tomorrow
Huge hugs for everyone who is struggling over the bank holiday weekend :grouphugs:

I think I'm finally out of the woods, so to speak :redface: But don't wanna get too happy just in case the voices have something up their sleeve :s-smilie:
Had to call the crisis team. **** it.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Huge hugs for everyone who is struggling over the bank holiday weekend :grouphugs:

I think I'm finally out of the woods, so to speak :redface: But don't wanna get too happy just in case the voices have something up their sleeve :s-smilie:

Really hope things keep improving for you!
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Fingers crossed things are only up from here :hugs:

Original post by Noodlzzz
Had to call the crisis team. **** it.

Hope you're okay, well done for calling :hugs:

Latest