The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

I kinda fell a sleep before replying to you two :colondollar:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Of course I really believe that! Would I say it if I didn't mean it?!??!! Believe it or not, I'm not always nice to people on TSR :tongue:

Of course, you can have zillions of TLG hugs :jumphug: :hugs: :lovehug: :hugs: :jumphug: (OK, so five hugs may not equal a zillion, but you get me :tongue: )

Thanks! Am slowly getting better, I think, but just don't wanna be like PSYCHOSIS HAS GONE :king1: coz I did that this time last week and then BOOM! it was back :frown:

With how things are going recently, it's hard to know what to believe so I'm sorry if it seemed disrespectful to you :redface:

Hahaaaaaaaa I get you TLG...barely :teehee: Thank you! :hugs: :hugs: :cube: :lovehug:

Awwww :hugs: take things gradually, eventually it might feel like it's gone without you realising it at first...if you get me! Keep the faith, you're one strong person :hugs:

Original post by CescaD96

Hugs from friends are great. Although now I'm embarrassed because I'm not adorable. :colondollar:

Still embarrassed! Ah, I'm not amazing. There's jack all special about me. Happiness comes to the lucky and I'm in no way lucky.

I hug people frequently cause it's my sign of showing you that I care :redface: Guys I just do the regular hug, bro hug or a fist bump, depending on who they are! :smile: :hugs:

I'm sorry for making you embarrassed, but you've made a great impression on me and I could speak for the MHSS themselves too! I like you :yep:
just want to cry my eyes out. everything is ****, everything is overwhelming. pretty sure my boss is trying to call to keep making me work. I told her I don't want too much/I am a last resort and she has phoned me every ****ing day. the phone started to ring and thought it might be her so left it and she must have held on for about 2 minutes. just give up on everything. cant cope with work, cant even ****ing get up and revise. would have been tempted to get a doctors note but surprise surprise I cant get a ****ing appointment with him now. I literally give up on everything I ****ing hate being alive
got too scared to phone earlier :frown:
Original post by Pathway
got too scared to phone earlier :frown:

What I find helps is calling from an unknown number so I can hang up anytime I feel too uncomfortable to talk.
Original post by Noodlzzz
What I find helps is calling from an unknown number so I can hang up anytime I feel too uncomfortable to talk.

i could try that tomorrow, thank you for the ideea :hug:

how are you?
Original post by Pathway
i could try that tomorrow, thank you for the ideea :hug:

how are you?

Let us know how it goes :smile:

BLERGH. Waiting to see the dr and hoping to avoid hospital.

How are you holding up?
Original post by Noodlzzz
Let us know how it goes :smile:

BLERGH. Waiting to see the dr and hoping to avoid hospital.

How are you holding up?

will do!

i hope you don't have to go to hospital, it'll be ok whatever happens though, are you with anyone at the moment? if you need to talk over anything i can pm you my number if that's helpful

i'm ok i think, just really on edge because i've not been sleeping very well. had a nightmare last night and it was pretty awful :s-smilie: everything is really scary right now and i dont know what to do. i'm scared i'm going to have to go home for a few days this week as my birthday is next tuesday. they're annoyed i've not been back this holiday to see them. :frown: don't think i'd be able to cope with that. can't deal with seeing him.
So so ridiculously low :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Saw psychiatrist and she said that given that I have exams coming up and i more energy and motivation we should look at increasing one of my meds. So even more venlafaxine from tomorrow. May look at splitting the dose so I feel more awake in the morning rather than afternoon. Will make sleeping more difficult but can also increase meds that make me sleepy to three times current dose so I can probably find a balance somewhere with them.
Original post by furryface12
So so ridiculously low :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: furry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nottie
ugh I feel that my bf thinks hes entitled to make decisions for me "because I am not mentally stable". Every single decision I make he calls stupid and dumb and doesn't accept the fact that I don't want him involved in my therapy :frown:

Original post by Anonymous
he doesn't do it on purpose. I think. Or at least he thinks its good for me. Basically, he wants me to undergo a therapy cause if I can become mentally stable I will be his dreamt girl (which is the main reason why I wanna go on therapy). But by questioning my every choice and laughing at it, he wont help me in increasing my self esteem :frown:

The first one I could see it as being protective and trying to help but with the second one it just makes me eek a bit.
He doesn't get to make decisions for you. The only person who gets to decide what you do is YOU. No one else has said you aren't capable of making decisions for yourself and I'm assuming he doesn't have a medical degree so you don't need to let him do that.
He is hurting you by doubting your decisions. He's doing in in a hurtful way, calling someone stupid or dumb isn't helping you. He might not be hurting you intentionally but that doesn't change the fact that he is.
I would think about going to therapy for yourself rather than for him. It sounds a bit like what he wants is for you to roll over and do what he says with the laughing at your choices etc.
Why does he want to be involved in your therapy? If it's about making you healthier then it shouldn't matter if he is involved or not. In what way does he want to be involved? Therapy is a great thing for most people but to work it needs to be a safe space where you can explore your thoughts and feelings without worrying about anybody mocking them or using them against you later. There's a reason therapists don't treat people they know.
If you want to tell him what has been said at therapy and discuss it that's great but it should be led by you, not him.
Original post by IDukem
I kinda fell a sleep before replying to you two :colondollar:

I hug people frequently cause it's my sign of showing you that I care :redface: Guys I just do the regular hug, bro hug or a fist bump, depending on who they are! :smile: :hugs:

I'm sorry for making you embarrassed, but you've made a great impression on me and I could speak for the MHSS themselves too! I like you :yep:

Aw. :colondollar:
Received a letter from my CMHT and I literally have no idea what's going on and it's stressing me out so I feel like crying?? lmao.

I just hate this. I hate being thrown around like a rag doll. I hate change so much.

Thanks. Hope you're ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CescaD96
Aw. :colondollar:

Are you feeling any brighter? :hugs:
Original post by Valvopus
The first one I could see it as being protective and trying to help but with the second one it just makes me eek a bit.He doesn't get to make decisions for you. The only person who gets to decide what you do is YOU. No one else has said you aren't capable of making decisions for yourself and I'm assuming he doesn't have a medical degree so you don't need to let him do that.He is hurting you by doubting your decisions. He's doing in in a hurtful way, calling someone stupid or dumb isn't helping you. He might not be hurting you intentionally but that doesn't change the fact that he is. I would think about going to therapy for yourself rather than for him. It sounds a bit like what he wants is for you to roll over and do what he says with the laughing at your choices etc. Why does he want to be involved in your therapy? If it's about making you healthier then it shouldn't matter if he is involved or not. In what way does he want to be involved? Therapy is a great thing for most people but to work it needs to be a safe space where you can explore your thoughts and feelings without worrying about anybody mocking them or using them against you later. There's a reason therapists don't treat people they know. If you want to tell him what has been said at therapy and discuss it that's great but it should be led by you, not him.

well he wants me to be a better person and feel about myself like I should.
he wants me to keep him updated about what GP/psychologist says but I wanna keep it private cause it's embarrassing for me
Original post by IDukem
Are you feeling any brighter? :hugs:

Today was a struggle at school. Nearly kept falling asleep. :frown:
Since we're on the 'student' room, I feel like this is appropriate to ask.

Does anyone who has graduated from uni or gone straight from school/college into work find that they're been conditioned to prefer rigid structure and progression?

I feel like I can't cope 'on the outside' aka, outside of an educational environment.

As hard as university was, at least I had things to aim towards and tasks that felt important. Now as a graduate in the 'real world', I feel there is nothing to work towards. As crazy as it sounds, I'd rather be revising for exams.

I just can't feel a sense of purpose in the 'real' world. If the think I'm supposed to be aiming towards now is money, then it all seems rather meaningless.
Original post by furryface12
Thanks. Hope you're ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meh. Not good Furry.
Oh well. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
dont know anymore

Latest