Original post by NinjaPandaa
Good insurance :biggrin:

Queens' woo

Yours too! What's your offer? :smile:
Original post by katyhay12
Yours too! What's your offer? :smile:
A*AA in further maths, econ and englit any order

you?

I actually met a girl who has an offer for Pembroke for maths today coincidently aha
A*AA in further maths, econ and englit any order

you?

I actually met a girl who has an offer for Pembroke for maths today coincidently aha

Similar offer mine is A*AA in further maths, econ or physics any order and an A in maths. Have you already completed your A-Level maths?
Oh really? That's pretty cool haha. I really liked Queens too, lovely college :smile:
Similar offer mine is A*AA in further maths, econ or physics any order and an A in maths. Have you already completed your A-Level maths?
Oh really? That's pretty cool haha. I really liked Queens too, lovely college :smile:

nope haven't completed it, it's just not in my offer :rolleyes:

yeah we've practically got the same offer so that's not bad, could have been a*a*a so it's a decent offer really :smile:
nope haven't completed it, it's just not in my offer :rolleyes:

yeah we've practically got the same offer so that's not bad, could have been a*a*a so it's a decent offer really :smile:

Yes, it's a pretty nice offer compared to some of the others I've heard! One of my friends has an offer from Trinity for A*A*A*A in Maths, Econ and third A* in either FM or history!
Yes, it's a pretty nice offer compared to some of the others I've heard! One of my friends has an offer from Trinity for A*A*A*A in Maths, Econ and third A* in either FM or history!

omg is that for economics too? that's brutal
omg is that for economics too? that's brutal

Yeah they're really pushing him! Compared to that we certainly have it nicer!
Original post by Audi
Thanks for the reply! Would you say that the prospects from LSE management are more than Durham econ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A full time management course even at LSE sounds wishy washy in my opinion. Stick to economics at Durham

Posted from TSR Mobile
ghl
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Buntar
Hi, I have firmed a place at York for BSc Economics and I think I'm going to get better results than predicted.

If this was to happen where do you think I'd have a chance of getting in through adjustment? I'm asking about places that are higher ranked than York, and preferably a BSc course, so UCL, Warwick and Bristol would be on the top of my list. Would also be interested in your opinions on Durham and Nottingham. I realise that these universities are rarely in adjustment and economics being a popular course makes it increasingly unlikely.

Would you say there's any hope though?

Probably be firming York for econ & finance. I'd say you could probably get into Bristol in adjustment and that is it, don't think it's any better than York though. If you do loads better you could always take a gap year and reapply
Original post by Flather
Probably be firming York for econ & finance. I'd say you could probably get into Bristol in adjustment and that is it, don't think it's any better than York though. If you do loads better you could always take a gap year and reapply

I've just taken a gap year actually, so that's not really an option at this stage. I just want to get to Uni now after a great year. I didn't apply before my gap year, this is was my first time applying so I didn't know as much about applying and everything until this year anyway. It's a good point you make about Bristol not being much better, I prefer yorks exchange programs anyway. I'd probably only want to change if I was to get into UCL or Warwick at this stage which is quite far fetched.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Buntar
I've just taken a gap year actually, so that's not really an option at this stage. I just want to get to Uni now after a great year. I didn't apply before my gap year, this is was my first time applying so I didn't know as much about applying and everything until this year anyway. It's a good point you make about Bristol not being much better, I prefer yorks exchange programs anyway. I'd probably only want to change if I was to get into UCL or Warwick at this stage which is quite far fetched.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Id say Bristol is much better than York both for economics and overall! I may be biased as I did economics at Bristol (although insured York) but I definitely think it ranks higher. Regardless though York is still a good university
Original post by mizzsnazzter
Id say Bristol is much better than York both for economics and overall! I may be biased as I did economics at Bristol (although insured York) but I definitely think it ranks higher. Regardless though York is still a good university

Yeah I agree with Bristol being better for Econ, but I'm not sure if I would grab it and run if I was accepted through adjustment. I've heard there's quite a lot of hassle with accommodation and stuff when you go through adjustment. I especially like the exchange programs at York, they have partnerships with top international unis, the exchange opportunities are a lot better at York than at Bristol.

Had I applied beforehand and got an offer from Bristol as well as York, it's highly likely id have firmed it over York though. The only ones that I would pounce on at the moment seem to be Warwick/UCL I reckon. In saying that, I'd still have a huge decision on my mind if Bristol were to offer me a place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Nicee! My insurance is LSE :smile:
Pembroke! You?

I approve of your choice of college :wink:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
I approve of your choice of college :wink:

Haha thanks, did you apply/receive admission to the college also?
Haha thanks, did you apply/receive admission to the college also?

Yh it's a great college. Can confirm:

Original post by BnThereDnThat
My Cambridge college was Pembroke: best college ever I loved each and every day being there. Like I said: best 3-4 years of my entire life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending