The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Living at home during freshers week

I don't know whether I should stay in halls or stay at home. I really don't want to miss out on freshers week

I'm a bit worried about fresher's week - how I can avoid having to wonder round (probably lost) on my own, how I am going to meet new people, but mainly how I am going to go out at night, having to somehow get home at about 3am! Also, I expect most people will be going out at night with their new flatmates - obviously I won't have any. I don't want to go out at night on my own, and I really don't want to miss out.

I was thinking if I could stay in accommodation for freshers week and then leave because I don't know if I'll be able to cope with being away from home (I'm not sure)

I live quite close to the uni so travel isn't a problem.
Btw ii'm either going to roehampton univeristy or greenwich university, if you have any opinions on them let me know.
Reply 1
Original post by DreamingAmerica
I don't know whether I should stay in halls or stay at home. I really don't want to miss out on freshers week

I'm a bit worried about fresher's week - how I can avoid having to wonder round (probably lost) on my own, how I am going to meet new people, but mainly how I am going to go out at night, having to somehow get home at about 3am! Also, I expect most people will be going out at night with their new flatmates - obviously I won't have any. I don't want to go out at night on my own, and I really don't want to miss out.

I was thinking if I could stay in accommodation for freshers week and then leave because I don't know if I'll be able to cope with being away from home (I'm not sure)

I live quite close to the uni so travel isn't a problem.
Btw ii'm either going to roehampton univeristy or greenwich university, if you have any opinions on them let me know.

Im studying in Roehampton. Most people who lived off campus have said that they missed out on Fresher's week because most people are going with their housemates and they had no one to go with. Unless you have a friend who is studying in Roehampton, as well, i would suggest you stay close to uni.
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Original post by sjla94
Im studying in Roehampton. Most people who lived off campus have said that they missed out on Fresher's week because most people are going with their housemates and they had no one to go with. Unless you have a friend who is studying in Roehampton, as well, i would suggest you stay close to uni.

Ah okay thanks! Did you stay at home or live in halls?
Reply 3
Original post by DreamingAmerica
Ah okay thanks! Did you stay at home or live in halls?

I lived in halls
Original post by sjla94
I lived in halls

Roehampton sent me an email saying if I live within 10 miles then I'll be considered for accommodation at the end of August. However I do live within 10 miles and I really want to stay in halls. Was that the case for you or didn't this effect you?
They also said accommodation will be guaranteed only if you put them as your first choice on ucas.
Original post by sjla94
I lived in halls

please answer my last question it's really important, sorry if i'm being a bit annoying.
Reply 6
By, I'm going to Greenwich in September as well, well hopefully. I'm also living at home and worried about freshers, I really want to go but I don't know anyone from Greenwich.

Have you sorted anything out for it yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending