The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by SophieNorcross
good luck!! I hope I had some predictions likelihood questions for Russia?

It sounds likely the PG and Bolsheviks will come up as it was Trotsky and WW2 last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
It sounds likely the PG and Bolsheviks will come up as it was Trotsky and WW2 last year. Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks a lot, I also think PG/Bolsheviks will come up? Any ideas for Stalin?
Reply 362
thanks a lot, I also think PG/Bolsheviks will come up? Any ideas for Stalin?

Collectivization and the 5 year plans.
Some might be interested (although I prefer to make my own, rather than buy, personally) in ready made German history, kaiser to fuhrer notes:

http://www.oxbridgenotes.co.uk/notes/university-of-oxford/2014/edexcel-a-level-history-kaiser-to-fuhrer-germany-1900-45-notes

Friend of mine notified me to them. Not for me, but might be of interest.
Original post by CD223
Ah I did those units for AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Deleted post.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CD223
Ah I did those units for AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The British ones? Such as 1945-2000s?

Also, what do you think is more likely to come up in the British exam?

Also, can you link me any notes/essays for the British essay? Your Russian notes are brilliant!

Thanks

And what sort of exam structure did you go for when answering Russian questions by the way?
Reply 366
Original post by tggfootymad
Some might be interested (although I prefer to make my own, rather than buy, personally) in ready made German history, kaiser to fuhrer notes:

http://www.oxbridgenotes.co.uk/notes/university-of-oxford/2014/edexcel-a-level-history-kaiser-to-fuhrer-germany-1900-45-notes

Friend of mine notified me to them. Not for me, but might be of interest.

I personally will stick to my own notes but thank you for spreading the word. I'll add these to the first post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 367
Original post by The Marshall
The British ones? Such as 1945-2000s?

Also, what do you think is more likely to come up in the British exam?

Also, can you link me any notes/essays for the British essay? Your Russian notes are brilliant!

Thanks

And what sort of exam structure did you go for when answering Russian questions by the way?

I did unit E2 for Britain:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cy0d2dmyqj206xy/CD223's%20guide%20to...%20Britain%20Media%2C%20Culture%20%26%20Society%20since%201945.pdf?dl=0

Thanks, glad you like the Russia notes.

The British exam is so hard to predict. First of all, are you even doing unit E2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I did unit E2 for Britain:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cy0d2dmyqj206xy/CD223's%20guide%20to...%20Britain%20Media%2C%20Culture%20%26%20Society%20since%201945.pdf?dl=0

Thanks, glad you like the Russia notes.

The British exam is so hard to predict. First of all, are you even doing unit E2?

This is AS, so I'm not sure what E2 is, but I'm doing Option E.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The link's not working :confused:

I'm doing the 20th Century Britain Unit: Responding to Change.

Its Edexcel.

6HIO2/E paper.

20th May Wednesday

1hr 20 min.
Original post by CD223
Collectivization and the 5 year plans.

thanks!!
Reply 370
The link's not working :confused:

I'm doing the 20th Century Britain Unit: Responding to Change.

Its Edexcel.

6HIO2/E paper.

20th May Wednesday

1hr 20 min.

I think I did a different unit. Mass Media, Culture and Social Change in the later C20th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 371
thanks!!

No worries! Do you happen to know what the revision quizzes are like for the MyRevisionNotes bookv

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
No worries! Do you happen to know what the revision quizzes are like for the MyRevisionNotes bookvPosted from TSR Mobile

I don't have that book
Original post by CD223
I think I did a different unit. Mass Media, Culture and Social Change in the later C20th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still doesn't matter, though you might wanna repost the link.

Right, could you link me to any notes based on that as my coverage on British history is a huge one.
Reply 374
I don't have that book

Oh right, there's still some online quizzes that the publisher does for free which could help, I just didn't know if anyone had done them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 375
Still doesn't matter, though you might wanna repost the link.

Right, could you link me to any notes based on that as my coverage on British history is a huge one.

That's the only link to the file. It works fine for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I personally will stick to my own notes but thank you for spreading the word. I'll add these to the first post.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it's not for me personally, not for everyone, but some people would appreciate it + go for it I'm sure. I find the process of making the notes helps to learn it.
Reply 377
Original post by tggfootymad
Well it's not for me personally, not for everyone, but some people would appreciate it + go for it I'm sure. I find the process of making the notes helps to learn it.

Very true. Me too. How's your revision going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 378
I feel like we've gone through this like 7 times in the thread but I still can never figure out what factors I'd write for economic/political change in 2nd reich haha
Reply 379
Original post by cuppa
I feel like we've gone through this like 7 times in the thread but I still can never figure out what factors I'd write for economic/political change in 2nd reich haha

Economic change - positive:
New industries - electrical goods, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, dyes
Coal and iron production doubled, Germany = 50% of world electrical goods in 1913
Growth of economy (4.5% per year)
Urbanisation - increased number of technical industries, number enrolling to university doubled
Wages rose by 25% 1871-1914
Unemployment only above 1% of workforce in 1 year during this period
Effective transport infrastructure alleviated problems

Economic change - negative:
Standard of living poor in cities
Class divisions increase between Junkers and Working class
Population boom meant crowding and homelessness
3 million people members of trade unions in 1913.
Working class often in conflict with industrialists over pay and conditions
Competition from Canada and the USA squeezed peasants and farmers.

Political change - positive:
Constitutionally, all men over 25 had the vote
Federal state structure allowed different regions to impose their own laws for police, education and healthcare
Social reforms of 1903 and 1908 to Sickness Insurance and child labour
Pressure groups rose in popularity - allowed views of opponents/sections of society to be heard
Plurality of interests in the state - centre, SPD, agrarian league all represented different groups
Daily Telegraph showed Reichstag able to criticise Kaiser and impose restrictions on his rule

Political change - negative:
Tariff Law of 1902 pleased élite
Hottentot Election of 1907 shows defeat of forces for change (centre and SPD) in a brutal imperialist agenda
Sammlungspolitik failed to unite liberal and conservative interests
Bulow bloc collapsed due to property tax reforms in 1908
1912 rise of SPD meant there was a clash between a left wing reichstag and conservative imperial government
Kaiser simply removed Bulow from power once he has lost his confidence
Vote of no confidence in Hollweg after Zabern Affair failed to remove him from power
Nature of political groups was that they were interest groups and didn't campaign for a better Germany overall
Dominance of Prussia in the Bundesrat meant Junkers ruled
3 tier Prussian landtag voting system unfair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending